User Tag List

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree3696Likes

Thread: Showers of Savings - April 2014 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Inquiring mind: With yours couponning friends in the same city as you....Do you share the deals with coupons before or after you taken advantage of those? I asked because at wal mart.ca online you can see in select cities and store the Sunlight Laundry Pacs 24 counts are on ROLLBACK at 4$..minus the recent insert smartsource coupon of 4$ free...= just the taxes.,I said that to my friend of couponning yesterday,and I wanted to go this morning and she did before and cleared the last 7 packages,she said she was aware before but did not notice me... She said to me tonight the lady at wm said they will order more and should be there before the week end since it is a ROLLBACK,so I will have to find more coupons and this treasure of a mir refund for 1 wub2 peelie.,I might reconsider what I will said to her..Check you wm online if you can benefit the deal you too!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Apr 2nd, 2014 at 09:09 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A mir for Durex condoms....First time I have ever seen that lol!!!:https://www.durexrealfeel.ca/pdf/Dur...Form_EN_FR.pdf

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Not a frugal day again for me,when it will stop....I had an estimate for my other pc computer a getaway pc.110$ of cost and not guaranty.I really Wonder if that worthed...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-I feel quite sure that you will do very well in your final exam. So far, as I recall, your marks have been very good despite working part time, volunteering and having a little one. You are organized and plan your study time and study notes well, so it will all work out for the best.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Angela-I feel quite sure that you will do very well in your final exam. So far, as I recall, your marks have been very good despite working part time, volunteering and having a little one. You are organized and plan your study time and study notes well, so it will all work out for the best.
    I agree. With the exception of the chapter that we are covering next week in class, I have basically all of my study notes/cue cards written up. It will make it a lot easier to get studying, instead of having to get organized first. Dh is pretty supportive so that helps too.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Lizzie have a fantastic holiday!!
    Natalka I hope physio offers some relief for your husband, it sound like it is a complicated injury.
    Nancy I hope your hubby gets better soon.. it is really lingering isn't it. Hope you like the pulled pork, I live the stuff!
    Angela you sound super focused, you are going to do really well, I am sure!

Had an errand day today, brought my son's spring summer clothes into the consignment store and made about $100.00. I was looking around the store while they were going through my things and found a Mountain Equipment Coop gortex jacket for my son for 20.00. the two of us have been shopping online and in stores and couldn't find a good quality one for under 100.00. We had decided we were going to order one from Cabela's tonight for about 120.00.He really needs it to be water proof as he spends a lot of time hiking and in the bush doing survival camping (he camped out in a leanto he made two weeks ago for two nights and it was -21!).Anyway I took a chance and bought the jacket at the consignment store and he was thrilled with it, exactly what he was looking for!! He is off again with a buddy to camp for two nights in the foothills, he is only 16 and I worry but it is his passion, my worry factor is off the charts, thank goodness for cell phones and GPS!!
    Bought a bunch of clearance greek yogurt and froze it in ice cube trays for smoothies for my husband and son for mornings.
    Made a bunch of panini pressed burritos for the freezer for quick snacks and lunches for the teenagers that are constantly at my kitchen table after school!!
    Bought some chicken breasts with back attached at Coop yesterday so I have removed the backs and packaged the breasts and the backs are simmering to make chicken soup stock.
    My goals for April is to continue using up the meat and veggies in the freezer so I can defrost them later in the month.Hopefully just buying fresh fruit, veggies and milk for the next couple of weeks, unfortunately i keep reading the Target clearance thread and stopping there on my way home from work to get bargains!!! Yesterday I got Dickies men's wool work socks for 3.20 for a two pack regularly 17.00( think it was 17.00) and really good quality long underwear shirts and pants for 5.00 and 7.00 not sure what he regular price was but I am sure at least 30.00 each, so my hunters will be happy this fall they have been looking for some with a wool content and I found them on clearance to boot!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    My husband will be home for a few days, so it will be great to have some company! But I wish it were for a nicer reason than him having a hurt back...
    Hope your husband's back feels better soon! Until then, enjoy the company! Since your son has left the nest, perhaps this will mean lots of date nights.

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Inquiring mind: With yours couponning friends in the same city as you....Do you share the deals with coupons before or after you taken advantage of those?
    When I had a couponing friend, I'd let her know and we'd meet at the store. I don't think it's worth losing a friend or breeding bad feelings over a few dollars. But, since LO was born, I get to go out for zero deals and she gets them all! Spending time with LO, I think I get the better deal!

Cath, I missed the Smartsource samples too for the first time, so you're not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I agree! Angela is a superstar when it comes to juggling so many priorities. I don't think I could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I was looking around the store while they were going through my things and found a Mountain Equipment Coop gortex jacket for my son for 20.00.
    That's an amazing find! MEC makes some good quality things!

I dropped a full glass jar of applesauce in the kitchen tonight. Applesauce and glass went everywhere. My heart sank as it was for LO. She won't eat anything now without a little bit of fruit on the tip of her spoon. Does anyone know where I can find the best price on unsweetened applesauce? If she doesn't eat tomorrow, I'll be making an emergency trip out.

QOTD: Earth day is coming up, so what are your best "green" tips for reducing, reusing, and recycling?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sweet Sparrow, if you have apples in the house, apple sauce is really easy to make. Just peel and slice a couple of apples, add a splash of water and microwave them for a couple of minutes or whatever takes to soften them and then mash or puree them. (If you don't want to microwave them, then just cook them in a sauce pan and mash or puree.)

The biggest advantage of making your own is that you know exactly what is in it.
    Last edited by Retiree; Thu, Apr 3rd, 2014 at 07:45 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

QOTD: Earth day is coming up, so what are your best "green" tips for reducing, reusing, and recycling?

1) For school lunches I wash all the ziploc bags and plastic spoons that come home and reuse them. I'd pack reusable containers but I'd be out more money if they don't return lol.

2) I also wash out and reuse large freezer ziploc bags (as long as they didn't have raw meat in them - those get thrown out)

3) Keep track of leftovers and produce in the fridge and use it up. My goal is zero waste but sometimes things gets "lost"

4) I don't throw out foods like yogurt or sour cream because of the expiry date. That's just an estimate. If it still looks good (ie no mold) then we still eat it.

5) I donate or sell on consignment items that we are no longer using instead of throwing them out

6) We have to pay for each bag of garbage here so the more that can be recycled or reused the less our garbage costs are (I'd like to start composting to further reduce our garbage)

7) I use travel coffee mugs and reusable water bottles when we go out

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

S.Sparrow. As well as making your own applesauce, a couple of years ago Shoppers used to have their house brand( Nativia) of 6 little individual containers of organic, unsweetened applesauce for about $2 which was convenient for going out and cheaper than buying jars of baby food. I remember my friend with twin boys bought it all the time-so you might take a peek there and see what they have especially if it is on sale.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

By the way SS I have dealt with some picky eaters in my day too. Not sure of the current age of your daughter but if/when she is old enough to safely eat small pieces of soft finger foods in her high chair that might be one way to go for many of her solids-somehow some kids like the control of self feeding but are too young yet to manage the spoon. Also some kids like smooth stuff and little finger foods but don't handle lumps in the smooth foods very well. Not sure about your LO. Anyway you know your daughter best, but just passing along a couple of things I have noticed over the years with little ones I have worked with both professionally and personally.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Thu, Apr 3rd, 2014 at 08:57 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Another junk sale today (well its a good new item in package but not useable by me) Adding another $3 to the jar

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ angela congrats on finally getting some much needed answers on your claims reimbursement.

@ thriftygranny congrats on finding that coat at the consignment store for your son, my guys are bush guys too
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Not a frugal day again for me,when it will stop....I had an estimate for my other pc computer a getaway pc.110$ of cost and not guaranty.I really Wonder if that worthed...

I have some unfrugal days coming up. Front brakes and 4 new tires.....ugh. Hope things look up for you soon

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post

1) For school lunches I wash all the ziploc bags and plastic spoons that come home and reuse them. I'd pack reusable containers but I'd be out more money if they don't return lol.

2) I also wash out and reuse large freezer ziploc bags (as long as they didn't have raw meat in them - those get thrown out)

3) Keep track of leftovers and produce in the fridge and use it up. My goal is zero waste but sometimes things gets "lost"

4) I don't throw out foods like yogurt or sour cream because of the expiry date. That's just an estimate. If it still looks good (ie no mold) then we still eat it.

5) I donate or sell on consignment items that we are no longer using instead of throwing them out

6) We have to pay for each bag of garbage here so the more that can be recycled or reused the less our garbage costs are (I'd like to start composting to further reduce our garbage)

7) I use travel coffee mugs and reusable water bottles when we go out
    I have been slowly buying more and more small containers for school lunches. My kids are FINALLY getting better at bringing them home and not "losing" them. I swear, I could put them both through university on the money I have spent on lost thermoses, tupperware, spoons and forks
    At 12 and 16 they are actually starting to bring them home. I started to imagine teachers at their schools mulling around their lunch bags cursing me for the amount of ziplocs they had in there...lol!

I donate anything that still has use, I compost as we have to pay $3 a tag for garbage(but you have to buy the tags in sets of 5....money grab). I am using more reusable water bottles and coffee travel mugs. I still buy bottled water, but it is getting less and less.

I am with you on the expiry dates as well.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information