User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Looking to get a 50-52" LED Samsung TV

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

We're looking to get a new TV, somewhere around 50" to 52", Samsung or Sony. I don't really see many sales out there and the prices I'm looking at are all around $1000. If you know of a better deal, or if goods sales will come along if we wait, I'd be happy to know
    Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Sony Style
    ROMEO likes this.
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Unfortunately my advice would be to wait until Black Friday or Boxing Day, but that is so far ahead. You can go on FutureShop's and BestBuy's websites and add items to your "price watch" and they'll email you when the price drops or goes on sale. Tha'st how I end up buying from them. If you can narrow down the specific model, you can search online. Both stores also sometimes have 'open box' for less.
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I was keeping my eyes peeled since about February, maybe before, and didn't see any amazing sales. We ended up buying an LG Smart TV in March, about $1000 and it's been 'on sale' for the same price since then. I'm really pleased with the TV, although disappointed that we didn't find a better deal. I had about $400 in Futureshop GCs so that helped a lot!
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Newegg generally has a 50" LED 1080p tv for 369.99-384.99 on ebay with free shipping. Though they use purolator and they failed to attempt any deliveries, so I ended up buying a 48" 1080p from bestbuy for around $15 less then what I paid for the newegg one at $369.99.(mostly due to a deal I worked out with manager, and also the enviromental fee was about $20 less)

TV's are crazy cheap, but it all depends on what you want. Most companies use the same LED screens as each other, as it's just mass produced so I wouldn't say screen quality varies to much from T.V to T.V. The circuitry, design and programming is what sets most t.vs apart now, and can be a factor in how long a T.V lasts. There's also the Smart T.Vs the big companies push for a few hundred extra, the 4K resolution is out, but will be years before you can get 4k on your provider.

If you have to have a sony or samsung, you will have to pay more, but the good news is they have a much higher profit margin. If your at all interested in a warranty plan for the T.V you can go to futureshop and see how cheap they will sell you a 50" samsung or sony. Because they work on commission from the warranty, they can offer the T.V at a price where the store makes no money or even loses a bit of money on the T.V sale. If the T.V is 1000, and the store paid 650-700 for it, you can probably get it around that price + 200 for the warranty. Employee selling will make money, managers like to see high warranty rates as they get a bigger bonus, and you'll save a bit of money.
    ROMEO and daniellydiad like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I say go to the stores and look closely at the picture quality, especially with camera panning during a sports event. I wasn't impressed with motion artifacts and decided to pay more for one of the high-refresh premium XBR Sony's.
    Last edited by xlxo; Wed, Apr 9th, 2014 at 10:22 AM.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thanks for the insight everyone
    This one here actually seems to be relatively cheap: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...3e03e8a107en02

It's making me wonder if there's a reason why it's cheaper than the rest of the TV's. It's 3D too. Is there something wrong with it that I'm missing? lol

I think I'll take your advice and check them out tonight xlxo.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

My bf and I purchased a 55" LG Smart TV for $799 at Best Buy. LG and Samsung are generally the same company. Love my new TV. Simply amazing .
    ROMEO likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Weeeooojr View Post
    We're looking to get a new TV, somewhere around 50" to 52", Samsung or Sony. I don't really see many sales out there and the prices I'm looking at are all around $1000. If you know of a better deal, or if goods sales will come along if we wait, I'd be happy to know
    Thanks!
    VIZIO M601d-A3R 60-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Smart LED HDTV

My LED television recommend to you.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I subscribe the Newegg's newsletter, and they provide the TV weekly. some of them are for sale at very low prices. Samsung is a good choice, but if you don't want to wait until Black Friday, other brands enough for your needs and great bargain. I know that the Samsung seldom lower their prices.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

We ended up getting the 55" Samsung. It just fits in the space we had for it. So far it's pretty good, I'd recommend to anyone else looking for one.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Glad you found something you like!

I just can't imagine having a tv that big! We had a 32" for about a year, but when we moved, we had to go back to our 20" because the living room is small.
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check Bestbuy or Future Shop deals! They usually have great offers!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can try markhan electronic store www.markhamapplainces.com

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you have to have a sony or samsung, you will have to pay more, but the good news is they have a much higher profit margin. If your at all interested in a warranty plan for the T.V you can go to futureshop and see how cheap they will sell you a 50" samsung or sony. Because they work on commission from the warranty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information