Like Tree17Likes
  • 3 Post By cinpow
  • 1 Post By TooCouponCrazy
  • 1 Post By niro_anan
  • 6 Post By LunchLady
  • 1 Post By sun_shine
  • 2 Post By luckbealady
  • 3 Post By torontogal12

Thread: Rogers I m done with you forever!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Man, I just broken down because of ROgers! needs to bunch something badly! need to rant about it to release some anger! I had been with Rogers for wireless for more than 10 years now, recently I need to make a retention because my old plan is done. OK, so I spent 8 hours of my life time negotiating for a good plan which still end up with a more expensive one! ok, fine, still took it just because I had been with them for so long. confirmed many times with different reps about the new plan and me getting the HTC8x for $0 and was told I can just walk into the rogers store and pick up my phone! but no that didn't happen, they wasted another hour of my life time inside the store, telling me their system won't allow them to give me the phone for $0! I m like "WHAT!" so that 8 hours of talk went to nothing!? had to make calls to retention dept on the spot to see whats up, so after an hour they found out the phone had a name change?! so they was not able to find it anymore on the system....ok.....gave me the phone at the end, signed the paper and I left. and O,one more thing, the poor agent in the store was yawning all the way thou, man, he must love sleeping at his job, lol, sigh.....came home played around with the a phone, notice the sim card for the new phone can't be used with my own phone, so basically I m stuck with the new phone and old phone is unusable...didn't expect that at all, ok fine, new phone it is. Decide to check my voice mail with the new phone and guess what! voice mail service has been taken away! that was my breaking point! my new plan clearly says voice mail included! HOLY &*&*^*&^*%^&^&* ROGERS! I call up their service number for help, they tell me they are on maintenance and can't help me with anything! WOWOWOWOWOWOW! you know what Rogers! the first thing tomorrow you going to see me in the store giving you back the phone and cancelling my service! Pay what ever the penalty is and I m done with you. I don't even want to keep your stupid number. I had always been doing retentions and hardware upgrades with Rogers and Never Ever it had been like this, it had always been smooth and easy. They are really going down hill this days. I m saying Hello to WIND tomorrow.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Rogers (Plus), WIND Mobile
    Last edited by cinpow; Sun, Apr 6th, 2014 at 12:59 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

wow sorry to hear of the bad service.....when I upgraded my phone they told me my sim wouldn't work and they gave me a new one on the spot..the voicemail issue could have just been a slight mix up

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I was with Rogers also for over 10 years and had a lot of problems with them getting a new plan/ phone and finally left them. They really didn't seem to care. I went right up the proper level of management but never got satisfaction so I changed companies. I now have a better plan and pay less

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, that really stinks. You would think after 10 years of being a loyal customer they would treat you better than that.
    Hopefully there is a silver lining and you end up with an even better deal elsewhere. Good luck.
    ROMEO likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I too have been with rogers...it has no been easy. Cinpow Id suggest calling in and complaining or just talking to them. I never called in and accepted my ty plan with them for about 3 years. Not bad really.. but my10,unlimited incoming. The whole vm package with 2500 text . For $50 was fine when I called 10 ppl... came to the point I was a hermit crab and needed MORE...LIKE A SMARTPHONE!!!!! but to get one u need to have internet ..and god knows rogers and internet is prsctically going to shoot u in the foot.

Called in one day completely tired from them and they gave me an hour of crap over verifying my account. I was boilng with anger by then. Finally since I wasnt on a contract I wanted internet and I was determined to get it cheapp.....so the rep gave me a $35 unlimited canada wide plan for talk and text and vm and caller id ..the whole package and added my internet 1gb and my total is some $45 with tax it comes to exactly $50 and im on no contract with them(YAY!!!). But therewas a few credits on my account and for the last 3month I had to call in because bills were $65 ebery month because hey cpuld not fix it properly...I paid OVER THE AMOUNT I WAS QUOTED AND CALLED IN EVERY MONTH TO RETELL THIS STORY AND THEY WOULD say we've adjusted it for the next month and credits are applied...next month came and i was like are you FORREAL? ...Same $65 ...called in and the lasy acted like she did me a favvour for giving me credits that I was entitled to for the total to be $50 BUT SAID SHE CANT CREDIT ME MY EXTRA $15 I PAID EVERY MONTH?!?!?!? ...I was like why is that? Clearly that's not my problem when I call in every month... and finally for the love of apples the lady transferred me to her customer care manager who read my case . Gave me my correct credits for 3years AND CREDITED ALL THE MONEY I PAID IN EXTRA. so you really need to get a rep hat nicenicenice . Its a hit or miss.. I got a prude one time that was so awful... she was like oh internet is $70. And clealry I cant afford that....she ddint care... grrr

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    ROMEO likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I learned it doesn't pay to be loyal to a company. I was with Bell for home phone for 28 years. My monthly bill was $63.00 a month. I switched to cogeco phone with all the bells and whistles for less than $25.00 a month. Bell tried and tried to get us to return with all kinds of extras and of course a much lower price. I told them you had 28 years to reward me for loyalty but you steadily raised my bill every month...No thanks. The same with car insurance...same company 28 years...steadily raising rates every year. One day decided to check out other rates and got a $600.00 a year saving.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Wind is great, but just be aware that their service doesn't exist everywhere, so if you drive out of town often you may get breaks in coverage. For example, I live in London and often drive to Hamilton or Niagara to visit family, and for a good hour of the drive I am out of service. If this doesn't bother you, like it doesn't bother me, go for it! I pay about $45/mo taxes in for unlimited everything basically (incl data) and voicemail. Good luck!
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LunchLady View Post
    I learned it doesn't pay to be loyal to a company. I was with Bell for home phone for 28 years. My monthly bill was $63.00 a month. I switched to cogeco phone with all the bells and whistles for less than $25.00 a month. Bell tried and tried to get us to return with all kinds of extras and of course a much lower price. I told them you had 28 years to reward me for loyalty but you steadily raised my bill every month...No thanks. The same with car insurance...same company 28 years...steadily raising rates every year. One day decided to check out other rates and got a $600.00 a year saving.
    That was us - Bell for 25 years, basic home phone with unlimited NA long distance and internet (25GB/month) was costing us about $100/month - switched to TekSavvy and now get home phone with all extras including unlimited long distance, and 300GB/month internet for $63/month.
    Bell wasn't interested in offering us any savings when we asked (in fact in order to get us a better rate they decided to cut back our services) even though we escalated it. After we cancelled they called us a few times offering a good rate with free add-ons. Too little too late (and they couldn't come anywhere close to offering us what we get from TekSavvy, or near the price).
    ROMEO and LunchLady like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wind is great. Had it for 3 years. Make sure you get a good phone though because my crapberry broke (I didn't even smash it or anything). And now I am stuck paying off the phone until December even though I had to buy a new one. Now all I pay is $45 a month including tax for unlimited internet and long distance. I get great service in Niagara region. When you're in Long distance areas, Wind actually uses the Rogers signal but you do not pay extra.

Oh and I had been with Rogers for nearly 15 years when I went to Wind. I called the Rogers department to get the phone number changed. Told them I was switching. They didn't even ask me why I was leaving. Just gave me the info I needed and let me go. Didn't even try to keep me after 15 years!!
    ROMEO, GoddessDigi and sun_shine like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Wind is great. Had it for 3 years. Make sure you get a good phone though because my crapberry broke (I didn't even smash it or anything). And now I am stuck paying off the phone until December even though I had to buy a new one. Now all I pay is $45 a month including tax for unlimited internet and long distance. I get great service in Niagara region. When you're in Long distance areas, Wind actually uses the Rogers signal but you do not pay extra.

Oh and I had been with Rogers for nearly 15 years when I went to Wind. I called the Rogers department to get the phone number changed. Told them I was switching. They didn't even ask me why I was leaving. Just gave me the info I needed and let me go. Didn't even try to keep me after 15 years!!
    I'm still paying for my HTC Amaze that I killed in water about 6 months ago. I will be paying for it until next summer

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Oh! Another thing I forgot. Wind's reach for "local" calls is very long. When we go to Brooklin, we are still local! So there is no data roaming fees even so far from home
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Rogers is a horrible company. I went through a big debacle of cancelling my parents' phones, and dealing with them because they'd been charging them a $7 fee per phone per month for a LONG time, at least a year, after the charge ceased to actually exist. They are not honest people.

After the HELL they put us through, we switched to Koodo and we're getting mailings at least once a month to try and get us back. I THINK NOT.

I'm going to take anything we get from rogers from now on back to the post office and get a return to sender label put on it so they stop sending us stuff.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

If you have WIND MOBILE in your area , go with them , much better plans than Rogers , Bell or Telus.

Their service & reception has improved a lot, since their initial launch ..and now they have 700,000 customers..should reach a million soon

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I love WIND.
    DH and I both have phones, with unlimited calling, texting and data, and our bill is less than $70.
    Including the taxes! And our phones were free. Admittedly, not the best phones, but we're not picky (unless it's an iPhone, I couldn't care less lol, I want an iPhone..since I'm used to my iPod.)

Thread Information