User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In 2011, I ordered a cast iron sink from Faucetdirect (a build.com company) and had a fabulous experience. Even will having to pay custom charges it was a very smooth order. Naturally, when we decided to by a tankless water heater we decided to give build.ca a chance. We’d avoid the any of the customs ambiguity and hopefully improve the delivery schedule. Big mistake.

Even though all items were in stock and identified as being regular shipping, nothing was shipped for 10 days. Getting status updates was impossible as customer services is handled in the US but the Canadian customer service folk are apparently terrible at responding to their requests for information. The only saving grace was the US customer service agent was really nice but he was still unable to get us any information out of the Canadian staff.

The order was large enough to require a carrier. We've received carrier shipments before without issue but in this case build.ca employed a shipper that just doesn't show up. We booked them to arrive at 8am one morning and they simply didn't show. It's been two weeks since the order was placed and nothing has arrived.

If you are working under any sort of timeline I STRONGLY suggest not using build.ca. Their stated delivery schedule are highly suspect and you are likely to find any customer service experience to be very frustrating. If you are going to order from build, order directly with the US firm (build.com). Use the Canadian version at your own peril.

Given my experience thus far I only pay that I never have a warranty issue.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My recent experience with Build.ca was 100% positive ! My order arrived in excellent condition and very fast, the customer service was more than great, the prices are very compétitive ; the whole experience was more than satisfying ! I am very happy and I honestly and warmly recommend Build.ca ! From an experienced and high standard Montreal customer !

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Br the way, my positive experience was mid august 2015 ! I think it is more relevant !

Thread Information