User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: New US chain coming to Canada - Designer Shoe Warehouse

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Expired on: Fri, Jan 2nd, 2015
    New US chain coming to Canada - Designer Shoe Warehouse

Designer Shoe Warehouse is a popular cross border stop for Canadians.
    They are coming to Canada. Look for a store near you.

U.S. discount retailer Designer Shoe Warehouse Inc. is coming to Canada in a $62-million deal with Town Shoes Limited, the companies announced Tuesday.

The deal will see DSW Inc. purchase a 44 per cent interest in Town Shoes, the largest footwear and accessories retailer in Canada.

Town Shoes operates 182 locations across Canada under banners including The Shoe Company, Shoe Warehouse and Town Shoes. It is owned predominantly by Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo), on behalf of certain clients and Callisto Capital, a Canadian private equity firm.

DSW stores are a popular destination for Canadian cross-border shoppers. They feature designer footwear in a large, brightly lit, self-serve environment, with samples perched on shoe boxes stacked by size. DSW operates 407 stores in 42 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and operates an e-commerce site.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2014...to_canada.html
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Town Shoes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was never impressed with DSW in the states, prices were the same if not more than what I could buy the exact same item for here. I don't have high hopes for it in Canada, but maybe it'll be like Target and surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shwa Girl and FrugalKris like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What is the largest shoe size for women that DSW carries? Styling-is it like Payless/Factory Shoe outlet or more like Town Shoes?
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

we'll see if they open nearby
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Excited! I always find a great deal in this store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    What is the largest shoe size for women that DSW carries? Styling-is it like Payless/Factory Shoe outlet or more like Town Shoes?
    women size 3 to 15

US website shows Ralph Lauren, Guess, Nike and New Balance
    http://www.dsw.com/womens-shoes/coll...290030/page-1/

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

could be good....thier skechers gowalks are about $10- cheaper than at softmocs.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

i love their clearance stickers, discounts on different colour stickers, I bought some amazing shoes at amazing prices in Buffalo. I think they will probably mess it up like Target in Canada, start off with high prices, and when noone bites, start with discounts. This is my must stop every time I go to Buffalo. Does not mean I will shop in their Canadian stores if the prices are higher than US stores - I don't know why US chains coming to Canada don't get it, we don't drive down for 'the experience' or anything unique they're selling that we can't get here, we are driving down to pay less.

Sorry for the rant

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tobiwobi View Post
    i love their clearance stickers, discounts on different colour stickers, I bought some amazing shoes at amazing prices in Buffalo. I think they will probably mess it up like Target in Canada, start off with high prices, and when noone bites, start with discounts. This is my must stop every time I go to Buffalo. Does not mean I will shop in their Canadian stores if the prices are higher than US stores - I don't know why US chains coming to Canada don't get it, we don't drive down for 'the experience' or anything unique they're selling that we can't get here, we are driving down to pay less.

Sorry for the rant
    Don't be sorry. Rant on.
    You are right ~ US stores coming to Canada should do their homework about what Canadian customer like and what Canadian customers are like when it comes to spending their hard earned money.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yay! Can never have too many shoes.
    Tweets77 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

They do have good deals, every couple of weeks they have a coupon $10.00 off when you spend $30.00 or more, and I believe it was $15.00 or $20.00 when you spend $40.00 or more..I bought new balance running shoes for $39.99 (in ottawa they were on sale for $89.99 plus taxes!!) asked the cashier if they had any coupons they told me about the $40.00.. I bought a pair of socks in their clearance bin for $1.00 used the $20.00 coupon !! I hope the canadian store will have coupons!!
    Tweets77 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I went to DSW in the US and won't go back. It was in-SANE. It was like a movie with shoes flailed all over the store and huge crowds. The prices weren't much different than a department store sale price. Also, didn't have anything in my size (9-10). Scanned the article quickly but don't think they are opening DSW brand stores, rather they are buying part of Town Shoes?
    Shwa Girl and FrugalKris like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

awesome!! i see others have had bad experiences, but for me DSW is where ive gotten some of the absolute best deals on shoes i have ever gotten. i think it might have been a semi-annual/clearance type sale but WOWZA, and the shoes i got were HOT! *this was a few years ago, lol
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

GREAT! I always liked going into DSW in the States :D
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information