User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Cheap, Free, or Overage Colgate at Target

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I saw this on another forum and thought I would share with my fellow SCers.
    In the flyer, if you buy 3 "select" products for 3.99, you get a $5 GC.

SDM is selling "select" Colgate for 1.99 each.

Quebec Jean Coutu is selling "select" Colgate, 3/$5.

Depending how your Target interpret "select", if they go by the picture in the flyer alone, or all products in the 3.99 range, you could get it cheap, free, or overage if you have coupons.

Use your $5 GC from first purchase and do it again, and again, etc.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Target

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I think the best strategy is, you take 3 Colgate Optic White to CS and ask them if these qualify for the $5 GC as stated in their flyer. Do not tell them that you are price matching. If it's a yes, we can do a group happy dance when we meet back here. Good luck to everyone.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

haha now thats thinking.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great deal, thanks.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Thanks for the tips!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Has anyone gotten a good deal on this sale or no?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I think the best strategy is, you take 3 Colgate Optic White to CS and ask them if these qualify for the $5 GC as stated in their flyer. Do not tell them that you are price matching. If it's a yes, we can do a group happy dance when we meet back here. Good luck to everyone.
    hi did you figure anything out for this deal yet? ty

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Target is a very far trip for me (1 hour and I can't go until tomorrow). Hoping someone snapped a pic of which varieties/sizes are included for the GC?

Pretty please with cherries on top and thank you!
    michigan803 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went from Target to SDM (same mall) to pick up a flyer and compare the products. The Optic White paste in the Target gift card offer is the larger tube, priced $3.99. The Optic White paste for $1.99 at Shoppers is the smaller tube. At SDM, the larger tube is $6-something and not on sale.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I successfully did this today. My SDM flyer says "Colgate Toothpaste 75 mL-170 mL (I didn't go to SDM, so not sure which Optic White they're selling for this price ). At my Target all of the Optic White and Total in the larger tubes, and the mouthwash (didn't look at the size; both Total and Optic White) were part of the $3.99 and $5 GC wub 3 deal. Now here's what I recommend if you think it is easier for you (like it was for me); when they have these GC promos in their flyer, there is an option to simply get the $5 off applied to your purchase. Some cashiers will offer this to you, while others don't say anything; today my cashier didn't mention it so I had to ask. However, if you are going to do this, MAKE SURE you are paying attention and notice whether your cashier has done the PM properly. The reason I say this is that even though my total seemed higher than it should have been, I didn't double check until I went into my car. However, this $5 off gets applied to your receipt the same way all Target coupons do, which affects the 'refund value' and makes it hard to get the proper refund. I noticed when I got to my car that she had only done the PM on 1 of 3 tubes and had to go back in to get the refund, but two CS cashiers were arguing with me on it because when they scanned my receipt then scanned in the toothpastes it showed a low refund value. They tried to convince me that I was wrong and I stood my ground because I knew I was right. Finally the cashier who had helped me came over, looked at the receipt and apologized for the mistake on PMing (I guess there is a button they can press that says 'apply to all like items' which she had pressed, but since 1 was Optic and 2 were Total it only applied to the 1 that she had done manually), then she refunded me the $4.50.

Sorry for such a long story, just letting you know what may happen if you aren't watching. If you haven't been paying attention and your total seems higher than it should be, take the $5 as the GC; that way it should be much easier to get the proper refund.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

which coupons did you use?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by michigan803 View Post
    which coupons did you use?
    I used a $1 off any Colgate Optic White and a $1 off Colgate Total 170 mL coupon. Both were from inserts, but from different ones (one expires at the end of May and the other at the end of June); they were the only coupons I had for Colgate. So, if it had been done correctly it would have cost:

$1.99 x 3 = $5.97
    - $5 (promo, applied to current transaction)
    = $0.97 x 1.13 (total including taxes)
    = $1.10 - 2 x $1 manufacturer coupons
    = $0.90 overage

Could be even better if you have enough to use 1 coupon per item
    couponmummy likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

You did well, sun_shine. Good for you. I didn't have much luck. We went to 2 stores and the 85ml size did not have the $5 promo on the shelf. All the others had the promo so I didn't bother going to CS. It's the 85ml size that's pictured in the SDM and PJC flyer.
    Shwa Girl and torontogal12 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    You did well, sun_shine. Good for you. I didn't have much luck. We went to 2 stores and the 85ml size did not have the $5 promo on the shelf. All the others had the promo so I didn't bother going to CS. It's the 85ml size that's pictured in the SDM and PJC flyer.
    Oh no, sorry it didn't work for you. The SDM flyer says "Colgate toothpaste 75 mL-170 mL" even though the smaller one is pictured, so I figured the larger ones were included in their sale.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information