User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Old Veteran of SC returns, new city, new life, no coupons!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all,

After a three year absence, I have wandered back here! You were all not far from my minds, just a lot went on.

That said, I am in Hamilton now, struck out on my own and am in need of coupons big big time! I think I have 3 to my name!

Anyone who can help me with my stash building, please let me know!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel, macw1960, ticul and 2 others like this.
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

welcome back
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    welcome back
    TY Shwa! What is a Shwa girl like you doing in the "Hammer" thread anyways?? Stick with your own kind will ya?
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you are close to a Fortino's grocery store, there's a coupon board at one of the two entrances of every store. Those coupons tend to be limited to use at Loblaw's branded stores (No Frills, Loblaws, RCSS, etc.) and may have two week, three week or longer expiry dates. A few aisles may have the odd coupon or two. Have seen TruTaste Milk coupons on and off on the milk fridge but the 2L milk tends be $5 or so before the $1 off coupon.

Food Basics-hit and miss on coupons. Always check the produce booklets for any coupon prospects (nothing in Spring issue of Foodland Ontario recipe book btw) but a stroll in the aisles might show a few coupons.

Metro stores have coupons-Centre Mall location comes to mind.

As some SCers have managed to find the occasional manufacturer coupon in the aisles of Shoppers Drug Mart, look to see if you have a neighbourhood scale store or the big box kind with food section/post office. Maybe you will see what coupons are on the shelves.

Have an Optimum card? Ensure you have checked off e-mail offers are OK on your account to keep up with any personalized offers. If you don't have a printer at home, the Hamilton Public Library allows 2 B&W copies (single sided) to print for free per day-after that amount, you have to pay from the preloaded amount you have staff put on your library card (get one if you don't have one). So you might want to use that option for Shoppers coupons when they are good for you in a given week.

Have you checked with e-newsletters you subscribe to or website clubs you are registered with for relevant coupon offers?

Sometimes, if you are in West Hamilton and pick up a free copy of Dundas Star News from the Westdale Shoppers (by the library), the Nations Food ad might have a coupon offer (but the free copies in stores do not get the flyers). It does not always appear in ad-it can depend if it's for a special or a free cookie. If you live in a house that gets the Hamilton Mountain News paper, there may be flyers inside with coupons. Don't hold your breath though. Smart Source inserts are not consistently bundled into home delivered paper bundles. The occasional Red Plum insert may also appear in the bundle (Thursday night unless you have an intrepid/motivated delivery person who delivers on Wednesdays).
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Apr 23rd, 2014 at 10:20 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ciel,

Wow that is a long list! I do have an Optimum Card and use it every time. I have to get back into the groove on the points thing though. I knew how to work the system before but i am way out of shape I think!

I will keep my eyes peeled for anything now. Never know what another SC'er might want to trade for either!
    macw1960, Anna Michele and tccl21 like this.
    I need coupons big time!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I don't know how to maximize Optimum points offers but that is fine as I buy what I need mostly on sale and then donate points to a charity, so I consider that win-win for me.

Once you get oriented to the Hamilton shopping areas and local publications (View magazine every Thursday is a free paper or you can try reading some of the content online at viewmag.com for event listings in case you want to see some of the culture). you'll get your bearings for stores, places to go in the city (downtown, university, Hamilton Mountain, Stoney Creek/East Mountain, Dundas, Bayfront park in North end, etc.) and get to know each area.
    Art Gallery of Hamilton has First Friday, which allows limited free access to main areas without special exhibits after 5pm on First Friday of every month. Nice building to take your time admiring from different levels and exploring what's there.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Apr 23rd, 2014 at 11:06 PM.
    macw1960 and angel_2011 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Welcome back!
    angel_2011 likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

hey im also in hamilton i do find it hard to fing alot of good coupons here but thanks to sc i trade what i do find for sone i can use.
    i think ceil pretty much coveted whre to find coupons but using them with sales is the key to saving the most $ and often getting things free. pm me a wishlist and ill see what i have for ypu

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    angel_2011 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Welcome Back!
    angel_2011 likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

WOW welcome back stranger. can you post a small list of what your looking for.
    angel_2011 and Anna Michele like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hey welcome back! I remember you (and your dad!). Are you up mountain or down? I was at Fortinos today and along with the coupon board at the front, they also had some coupons in the store. Over in the meat department there were a huge stack of booklets that had 2 coupons - one was for Schneiders pepperettes and I can't recall what the other one was for. If you subscribe to the Spec, some good inserts have been coming. Do you have a PC points card for Fortinos? How about CO51 and SnapSaves apps for smartphone? I barely use coupons, but I'm all about SnapSaves lately!
    angel_2011 and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Welcome back. I think of you whenever I am in Brantford. What are you looking for? You will be back in the groove in not time.
    angel_2011 likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Welcome back......................
    angel_2011 likes this.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Welcome back!!

I've been busy lol with life but getting back into the groove of coupons & deals!! PM me your addy & I'll send you any extras I have
    angel_2011 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Welcome back to the Hammer. I am in the Creek and work in Westdale Village. We should do a meet up with all the peeps from the Hammer and area
    Anna Michele likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information