User Tag List

Page 519 of 560 FirstFirst ... 19 419 469 509 517 518 519 520 521 529 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 8398
Like Tree24191Likes

Thread: Share your personalized Shoppers Optimum offers here!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Today is 8k for $50 and Wed is 12k for $50... Of course not loading today's offer... But will miss out on Sunday and Mon deals

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Ciel, maple7 and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No $10 food for 3000 pts
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Monday: 18.5 wus $75, 12k wus $50
    Wednesday: 8k wus $30, 20x wus $50

Decided to hold out for Wednesday and hope that the weather cooperates, otherwise it will be a pass for this week, even though I like a number of deals.
    ROMEO, Ciel, amira84 and 2 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

transaction 1: Monday, 18 500, on $75
    transaction 2: redeemed for $170

also used personal coupons 1200 on degree, 700 on gingerale cans, 450 on coke bottles. took advantage of some good Monday sales. Stocked up on pop, chips, and other snacks for tons of company this weekend! Bacon was on sale for $3.99, bought 3 and got the ready made for free with the peelie (did that on each transaction). I'm also liking the $2 gingerale coupons on the boxes right now!

Wednesday I have spend $50 get 12 000. There are more things I'd like to get, but I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to shoppers again this week.
    ROMEO, Ciel, amira84 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just wanted to say the current flyer ends today. So don't expect to find any deals tomorrow (except clearance) if you have to pop into a Shoppers for something.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got 20x for Sat and Sun

Unless I get some other great item offers prob won't bother the flyer doesn't really have anything I need in it for $50
    Last edited by Glendon Preece; Fri, Mar 25th, 2016 at 06:03 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel and Davetherave like this.

mothu's trading list
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

spend $ 30 get 8000 point.
    ROMEO, Ciel, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

20x/$50 for weekend. No week-long big offer, got the 6 offers. Are they eliminating the week-long big offer?

Didn't load the hickory stick offer last week, haven't shopped since redemption on the 12th, points are really down.

Finally got a bunch of offers I will use. (patience works, and having no money )

3200 Gaviscon (just ran out!) - mfc. hope for sale price
    800 powerade
    1000 tampax - mfc - co51

Hubby
    1500 Nivea Shave or aftershave - mfc
    1000 tresemme (don't need shampoos but will check out clearance bin)
    850 Nestea Iced Tea 12 cans - mfc

Usual 10x stuff I don't need.

Sunday shop here I come! Thank goodness my Easter is later.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

16K WUB $60 till Friday, hope for Dessange in the next week CO51

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I need an expert's help. I have been getting optimum points on store coupons (its own store coupon that put on the expiring items for $1, $2... off) until last month when the store got a new cashier who "learned" new things. I thought that it was a new policy. But then I checked the receipts that I had problems with. I realize that she treated the store coupons randomly, sometimes I get points for the store coupons and sometimes not.

When there was an "N" after that coupon, that coupon does not get optimum points, when there is an N and a Y after it, I do get points for it.

Today I had the same problem with that same cashier, I got points on two store coupons but not the other. I did not ask why but bought some extra things to make it way over $30 for the 8000 points.

I called its customer service but got a new CSR who would not do anything but everything strictly according to the book. He insisted that I only made $25 purchase. I told him to add up my purchase before coupons but he refused. He told me that $5 coupons did not count toward the $30 purchase according to the receipt. I told him I bought $18 extra (that made it way over $30, $43 to be exact) besides the original purchase, he told me that the $30 must be in one receipt so he refused to do anything. He kept saying that it must be in one receipt and I could not add up 3 receipts (he kept saying 3 receipts even I told him many times I only made 2 purchase) for the bonus.
    I asked him what kind of coupons do not qualify for the points, he said he did not know and told me that it was 8:03 p.m. already and he told me to call back the next day.

I called again and another CSR also insisted that I am wrong. I told him I got $18.50 coupon ($12, $5, $1.5 respectively), The $12 and $1.5 got the N, X after it so it counted toward the $30 purchase but she treated the $5 coupon differently, the $12 and $5 were the same type of coupons. He insisted that coupons do not count toward purchase and I must pay $30 out of pocket to get the 8,000 points and I know many of us in here know that it is not correct.

I told him for certain the $12 and $1.5 coupon did count towards the $30. You know what he said? He threatened me "Do you want me to take away the 140 regular points (for the $12.5 and $1.5 coupons)? He said he could not do anything because he did not see the coupons. But he thought that he had the authority to take away the 140 points when the same situation applies? He also said that he would note my account.

I was certain he is a new employee so I requested to speak to somebody else but he hung up on me. Their CSRs really received "very good" training. There is no way I could tell how a cashier handle the coupons so how can I plan ahead how much I have to buy in one transaction?
    Last edited by samsontor; Tue, Mar 29th, 2016 at 12:08 PM.
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by samsontor View Post
    I need an expert's help. I have been getting optimum points on store coupons (its own store coupon that put on the expiring items for $1, $2... off) until last month when the store got a new cashier who "learned" new things. I thought that it was a new policy. But then I checked the receipts that I had problems with. I realize that she treated the store coupons randomly, sometimes I get points for the store coupons and sometimes not.

When there was an "N" after that coupon, that coupon does not get optimum points, when there is an N and a Y after it, I do get the points.

Today I had the same problem with that same cashier, I got points on some store coupons but not the others. I did not ask why but bought some extra things to make it way over $30 for the 8000 points.

I called its customer service but got a new CSR who would not do anything but everything strictly according to the book. He insisted that I only made $25 purchase. I told him to add up my purchase before coupons but he refused. He told me that $5 coupons did not count toward the $30 purchase according to the receipt. I told him I bought $18 extra (that made it way over $30, $43 to be exact) besides the original purchase, he told me that the $30 must be in one receipt so he refused to do anything. He kept saying that it must be in one receipt and I could not add up 3 receipts (he kept saying 3 receipts even I told him many times I only made 2 purchase) for the bonus.
    I asked him what kind of coupons do not qualify for the points, he said he did not know and told me that it was 8:03 p.m. already and he told me to call back the next day.
    I'm no expert, but I do know that to qualify for any coupon (ie: 8000 bp when you spend $30),
    you must do it in ONE transaction.

You CANNOT add up 2 or more receipts to qualify.
    Ciel, Cata and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I got a 8000 points offer wus $50 for Wed. Nope.
    But the 350 bonus points offer coupon for 6 cans of Coke did come on my receipt on Sunday for the 6-bottle pop purchase I made-score! Rare time to have a weekly offer that I actually use...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When there was an "N" after that coupon, that coupon does not get optimum points, when there is an N and a Y after it, I do get points for it.

Today I had the same problem with that same cashier, I got points on two store coupons but not the other. I did not ask why but bought some extra things to make it way over $30 for the 8000 points.

I called again and another CSR also insisted that I am wrong. I told him I got $18.50 coupon ($12, $5, $1.5 respectively), The $12 and $1.5 got the N, X after it so it counted toward the $30 purchase but she treated the $5 coupon differently, the $12 and $5 were the same type of coupons. He insisted that coupons do not count toward purchase and I must pay $30 out of pocket to get the 8,000 points and I know many of us in here know that it is not correct.

I told him for certain the $12 and $1.5 coupon did count towards the $30. You know what he said? He threatened me "Do you want me to take away the 140 regular points (for the $12.5 and $1.5 coupons)? He said he could not do anything because he did not see the coupons. But he thought that he had the authority to take away the 140 points when the same situation applies? He also said that he would note my account.

I was certain he is a new employee so I requested to speak to somebody else but he hung up on me. Their CSRs really received "very good" training. There is no way I could tell how a cashier handle the coupons so how can I plan ahead how much I have to buy in one transaction?
    First - you should NEVER count on managers stickers coupons counting towards your spending total. If you've had pts on that in the past, you're lucky.

In this case, you would have been better returning everything and purchasing it all at once to trigger the 8000 pts. It for sure needs to be in one transaction.

Here's what I do to make sure I get my pts:
    Don't have them scan your card. Run everything through, ask them to total. Look at the screen (top right) where it says 300 optimum pts (means you spent $30. or 500 for $50, 750 for $75 etc.) Works really well IF there are no bonus pts on products, or if it's not a bonus pts day. Basically, that number is how many pts you'd earn if you scanned your optimum card. Then have them scan your card and hit total again. Now you will see the promo coupons come up. Make sure that if you were hoping to use 3 coupons on your card, that three of them come up and none of them become red line voided. If they do, then you are good to go. You'll get your pts. If it gets voided you may need to grab something else, because then it's not valid. Usually at this point, I know how much I'm short (say I'm aiming for $50, and the screen said 470, I'm short $3). I usually try and grab something in my cart and say, can I just get another one of these, and I'll grab it after? Then I'm not holding up the line, cuz she can just scan it again. (as long as you don't forget to grab it after you've paid - lol, done that before!)

only when I'm sure my loaded coupons are on the screen and not getting voided, do I pay for my order!

This trick also works well the other way, if something scans in wrong. I always know when I go to the till how much my total should be (I never shop without my calculator ) So if I think I spent $50 and the screen says 520 pts, then I make sure I go through everything and find where the mistake is (most of the time resulting in SCOP!!! yay!) But Then if I do get SCOP it drops my total below $50 and I have to grab something else to get it back up to $50 again.

Hope that make sense. Just some tricks I've learned along the way. I have had it before that my manufacture coupons made my personal coupon void so I had to grab something else quick. Not sure why, they were entered as 2001. But I never pay until I'm sure my coupons will work.

EDIT - but make sure they scan your card before scanning any VIB coupons
    Last edited by nalaric; Tue, Mar 29th, 2016 at 10:30 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try emailing them instead of calling. At least that way you have a record of the conversations if you keep the emails and they can't hang up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    First - you should NEVER count on managers stickers coupons counting towards your spending total. If you've had pts on that in the past, you're lucky.

In this case, you would have been better returning everything and purchasing it all at once to trigger the 8000 pts. It for sure needs to be in one transaction.

Here's what I do to make sure I get my pts:
    Don't have them scan your card. Run everything through, ask them to total. Look at the screen (top right) where it says 300 optimum pts (means you spent $30. or 500 for $50, 750 for $75 etc.) Works really well IF there are no bonus pts on products, or if it's not a bonus pts day. Basically, that number is how many pts you'd earn if you scanned your optimum card. Then have them scan your card and hit total again. Now you will see the promo coupons come up. Make sure that if you were hoping to use 3 coupons on your card, that three of them come up and none of them become red line voided. If they do, then you are good to go. You'll get your pts. If it gets voided you may need to grab something else, because then it's not valid. Usually at this point, I know how much I'm short (say I'm aiming for $50, and the screen said 470, I'm short $3). I usually try and grab something in my cart and say, can I just get another one of these, and I'll grab it after? Then I'm not holding up the line, cuz she can just scan it again. (as long as you don't forget to grab it after you've paid - lol, done that before!)

only when I'm sure my loaded coupons are on the screen and not getting voided, do I pay for my order!

This trick also works well the other way, if something scans in wrong. I always know when I go to the till how much my total should be (I never shop without my calculator ) So if I think I spent $50 and the screen says 520 pts, then I make sure I go through everything and find where the mistake is (most of the time resulting in SCOP!!! yay!) But Then if I do get SCOP it drops my total below $50 and I have to grab something else to get it back up to $50 again.

Hope that make sense. Just some tricks I've learned along the way. I have had it before that my manufacture coupons made my personal coupon void so I had to grab something else quick. Not sure why, they were entered as 2001. But I never pay until I'm sure my coupons will work.

EDIT - but make sure they scan your card before scanning any VIB coupons
    Do you give all the coupons together after they scanned all the products or give each coupon one at a time after the associated product is scanned?
    samsontor, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=

Do you give all the coupons together after they scanned all the products or give each coupon one at a time after the associated product is scanned?[/QUOTE]

I almost always give them at the end. I only have one cashier that prefers them with. Makes no difference to me

Page 519 of 560 FirstFirst ... 19 419 469 509 517 518 519 520 521 529 ... LastLast

Thread Information