User Tag List

Page 209 of 560 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 8398
Like Tree24191Likes

Thread: Share your personalized Shoppers Optimum offers here!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    quoted from d.ot

I will be using my food & snack coupon (4k wus 20$). I was wondering whether FPCs can be used for this offer? I know that sometimes they count towards the total and other times not...just can't remember when, where, what or how!

(sorry, reply with quote doesn't work on my laptop)

No, FPCs won't count towards the total for this. SDM puts FPCs through as code 2002, so it removes the amount from the base amount. That's why SDM is the one place that reliably doesn't charge tax on the product when you use an FPC. Love them for that.

fyi, SDM personalized $ off coupons also won't work towards the total amount, as they are also subtracted from the total and don't get base points for them either.

But $ off manufacturer's coupons will count (they go in as code 2001), even if cashiers don't always realize it.
    This actually does work with FPCs on personal coupons like 4000 points wus $20. I used some FPCs and my total was under $20 and I got the points.
    ROMEO, Anna Michele, d.ot and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    The 600 mL Vaseline lotion is eligible for $2 cash back from Checkout 51, but I bought the 295 mL one (which is listed as ineligible). Checkout 51 accepted my receipt even though the size I bought isn't eligible (only "VASELINE LOTION" is displayed on my receipt with no mL/size).

If Checkout 51 didn't accept my receipt and requested a picture of the product with the UPC visible, I could just take a picture of my 600 mL Vaseline lotion I still haven't finished using, which I bought a few months ago when SDM emailed me a coupon for $3 off any Vaseline lotion while it was on sale at SDM for $5.99.

I'm curious, when Checkout 51, Snap, etc. request a picture of the product with the UPC visible, what is stopping someone from buying an eligible product (that can be returned) to bring it home to take a picture of and then return it (since taking a picture of the product in-store would probably not work if they wanted the background to be visible too)? Also, the Checkout 51 and Snap FAQs don't mention how they deal with returns, so what is preventing people from buying products they don't need or want, and returning the product after their receipt is accepted?
    Like people mentioned ethics, sleep well at night..I would hope people have better things to do than spend the time, also the gas running back and forth to return things just for a buck or 2!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

2 cards got $20 off wus $75 and 1 card got 20x points wus $25 or more. Not sure if i will use these coupons or not. I dont need anything right now.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well I got another spent 75 save 20.00 for Friday -may use may not -wish it was off 60.00 thou a little easier

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I got another 20.00 off wus 75.00. Nothing I need so probably won't use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Same...does shoppers seriously think I can spend $75.00 three times a week?? BOOOO!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I redeemed once $200 level on Saturday,used $20 off wub $60 again on Monfay I received $20 off wub $60 for Friday .Wish I have more budget in wallet and storage space in home.
    Last edited by morningrose; Wed, Mar 25th, 2015 at 04:04 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got 20 off wus $75 😕. I just hope I finally get some personalized coupons Friday, it's been two weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    terry2144 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Again this week sdm giving me headache. That 3000 pts when you spend on food and snacks not working with milk without milk.I tried some mix and match but no.so embarrassed in front of cashiers.even manager come and I really get confused then.
    I will avoid going sdm there for a day or two now.can someone plz help me out hot this will work.
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For today I got the magical 3000 pts WUS $10 on snacks and candy, thought it was 8000 on food and snacks, until I printed it out.

I picked up 3 boxes of cereal for $3.99 each, with PINS for FPC, spent 11.97, got 3000 points

For Friday I got 4000 WUS $20 on Food and snacks BOOO!!

But I did receive a mailer for VIB, my grandson is now 10 months, signed up before he was born but just got it now.

Came with some samples of products I've never tried, a sample of Johnsons Baby Body wash, and a bib

Plus a booklet with all kinds of bonus points for pampers and buggies diapers and wipes, Johnson products, etc.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Can someone be my SDM optimum points mentor - please pretty please

Okay folks if someone could help me out as I'm a sdm optimum points newbie

I got a coupon 20x times the points on $50.00 or more all week - this I understand
    I got 8000pts wus $30.00 on food and snacks
    800pts on 4l milk - I understand
    $2.00 off Breyers - I understand
    pay $1.77 for wonder bread - I understand

So I believe I can use the 20x coupon and can also use the 8000pts on food and snacks in combination with the 20x points, what I mean is I can use both offers and I can also use 800pts for milk, I can use $2.00 Breyers ice cream....

BUT here's where I am confused

re: $30 food & snacks

say the breyers is reg. price $5.00 and I use my $2.00 off coupon so I still need to pay $3.00 for the ice cream, would I still need to purchase $25 worth of food (because of ice cream being reg. $5.00) or $27.00 (as reg. price $5 but used $2.00 coupon = $3.00 still to pay) ??

And just to clarify EVEN MORE that if my total is $51 I would get the (20 times the points) on the total of $51 before taxes - AM I RIGHT OR AM I WRONG??,

Also I would only need to spend another $21.00 on other items of my choice???? to make my $51 total to get 20x points
    because I have already spent $30.00 on food and snacks!!!
    $51.00 - $30 on food and snacks = $21 ??

BUT I would get 20x the points on my $51 dollars + bonus points for the food & snacks, I know I'm repeating myself but I'm so confused

Okay folks I am still trying to get the hang of this making the most of my shopping trips & getting the most points possible so please be patient, knowledge is power.

Feel free to pm me, however, perhaps others would also like to know or learn or understand the madness or the secret to the success

I've read on this thread that milk & pop don't count towards candy & snacks BUT DO they fall under food because my offer is for food & snacks ....eeek......my head is spinning .
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Mar 25th, 2015 at 08:19 PM.
    terry2144 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wahiariis View Post
    For today I got the magical 3000 pts WUS $10 on snacks and candy, thought it was 8000 on food and snacks, until I printed it out.

I picked up 3 boxes of cereal for $3.99 each, with PINS for FPC, spent 11.97, got 3000 points

For Friday I got 4000 WUS $20 on Food and snacks BOOO!!

But I did receive a mailer for VIB, my grandson is now 10 months, signed up before he was born but just got it now.

Came with some samples of products I've never tried, a sample of Johnsons Baby Body wash, and a bib

Plus a booklet with all kinds of bonus points for pampers and buggies diapers and wipes, Johnson products, etc.
    Sorry, replied to wrong post...but nice use of coupons!
    Last edited by maple7; Wed, Mar 25th, 2015 at 09:08 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mom3kids View Post
    Again this week sdm giving me headache. That 3000 pts when you spend on food and snacks not working with milk without milk.I tried some mix and match but no.so embarrassed in front of cashiers.even manager come and I really get confused then.
    I will avoid going sdm there for a day or two now.can someone plz help me out hot this will work.
    Sorry to hear about your struggles. Don't be embarrassed, if they can't explain what their coupon works on, they should be the ones embarrassed, not you. This isn't meant to be a complaint about Shoppers, they have so many coupons out there and the cashiers are just trying to happily service customers for their 8 hour shift.

I haven't used this coupon, but if you want to play it safe (and not have a problem), stick to products that should work; food not drinks, snacks that can't be considered seasonal (not Easter), not products targeted to babies/toddlers. If you want these items, you could ask here about specific items on specific coupons.

Another suggestion is to post specifically what you were buying, and someone here can likely give you some input as to why it didn't work.

The one coupon I used to use very regularly is the 8000 pts when you buy $30 on food and snacks. Everything worked on it, I often bought monster drinks, coffee, milk, pop, christmas chocolate. But the 8000 pts one is an "old" coupon, and the rules were a little more generous then, so if you get this one, I believe you will have less difficulty
    Anna Michele and amira84 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got $20 off $60 coupon for this Friday. Question though if I buy $80 stuff then use $20 off, can I still redeem 38000 points for rest of $60 off? So at end only paying tax on total. Thanks.
    kimijeen and amira84 like this.
    You can earn $50 when you open your first Tangerine Account and $120 more when you switch your pay to Tangerine.
    http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html
    MyOrange Key is 15663962S1
    PM if you have any questions.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Can someone be my SDM optimum points mentor - please pretty please

Okay folks if someone could help me out as I'm a sdm optimum points newbie

I got a coupon 20x times the points on $50.00 or more all week - this I understand
    I got 8000pts wus $30.00 on food and snacks
    800pts on 4l milk - I understand
    $2.00 off Breyers - I understand
    pay $1.77 for wonder bread - I understand

So I believe I can use the 20x coupon and can also use the 8000pts on food and snacks in combination with the 20x points, what I mean is I can use both offers and I can also use 800pts for milk, I can use $2.00 Breyers ice cream....

BUT here's where I am confused

re: $30 food & snacks

say the breyers is reg. price $5.00 and I use my $2.00 off coupon so I still need to pay $3.00 for the ice cream, would I still need to purchase $25 worth of food (because of ice cream being reg. $5.00) or $27.00 (as reg. price $5 but used $2.00 coupon = $3.00 still to pay) ??

And just to clarify EVEN MORE that if my total is $51 I would get the (20 times the points) on the total of $51 before taxes - AM I RIGHT OR AM I WRONG??,

Also I would only need to spend another $21.00 on other items of my choice???? to make my $51 total to get 20x points
    because I have already spent $30.00 on food and snacks!!!
    $51.00 - $30 on food and snacks = $21 ??

BUT I would get 20x the points on my $51 dollars + bonus points for the food & snacks, I know I'm repeating myself but I'm so confused

Okay folks I am still trying to get the hang of this making the most of my shopping trips & getting the most points possible so please be patient, knowledge is power.

Feel free to pm me, however, perhaps others would also like to know or learn or understand the madness or the secret to the success

I've read on this thread that milk & pop don't count towards candy & snacks BUT DO they fall under food because my offer is for food & snacks ....eeek......my head is spinning .

Your thinking is correct:
    - The $21 can be on any products (with the usual exceptions ie. gift cards)
    - Milk and pop has been working on the 8k when you spend $30 food/snack coupon.
    - You need to spend $27 plus the cost of ice cream $3 to reach $30. Shopper's dollar off and "Pay $x" coupons change their price to the new price.
    - You will get 20x on the $51 as long as 1. the cashier will accept both the 8k and 20x coupon (most do) and 2. Shoppers head office doesn't stop awarding 20x with other shoppers offers (your 20x you receive on April 14 based on your coupon).

Thread Information