User Tag List

Page 245 of 560 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 295 345 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 8398
Like Tree24191Likes

Thread: Share your personalized Shoppers Optimum offers here!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Anyone get points added yet from personalized coupons used on Saturday? The ones that said 5 business days?
    Still waiting. Feels better knowing I'm not alone.
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.

At the end of the rainbow potohgold's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't shopped in SDM for the past month due to piss poor personalized coupons. They were particularly bad last week (received six coupons that were all 15x the points for different obscure products) and again this week, more bonus point coupons for more obscure products. All these coupons have the new 6-digit PLU.

I don't understand why I'm not get $ off coupons any longer.

Name:  sdm boo.JPG
Views: 313
Size:  44.0 KB
    Ivanasavalot, momi and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just got my email offers....still waiting for hubby's
    8000 wus $30 on skin care ---- ummm YES
    1000 bp Kraft Single slices ---- for sure
    1200 any dorito chips ---- probably
    2500 any L'oreal eyeliner pencil ---- sure
    1750 any L'oreal gel polish --- don't use it
    15x any Revlon eyelash curler --- nope
    momi, kimijeen, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    But i am very disappointed that loblaws is tampering with optimum program too. Pcplus has gone down the hill in less than 2 yrs and now this change in coupons....... very heart broken!
    Actually, the amazingness of SDM personalized coupons has only been for the past year or two. Before that, they were focussed more on the big in-store events, which had higher spending requirements ($50 or $75) and the occasional mail-to-home coupons. Some of the recent changes, including the big M-W-F coupons, are very, very good.

After I did the March Spend Your Points redemption, I started tracking all my SDM shops in a spreadsheet, to confirm what I though I had seen between November and March. So far, yes, I am correct. I seem to be getting about 50,000 points (usually worth $100+ on bonus redemptions) for about $200 OOP. That's 50% rate of return, on items that are already at very good sale prices. Two years ago, I was not accumulating points that quickly, because I don't do big SDM shops.

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Most of my personalized coupons are now for bonus optimum points. I like the $$ off coupons better, even though they don't let me use manufacturer's coupon with it.
    Ivanasavalot, momi and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I can't figure how they can call them personalized offers as most of what they send me I've never purchased before in my life i.e. diabetic monitor supplies ????

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hubby's card just came in....i like mine better
    8000 wus $40 on cosmetics .... prefer the 16k points one
    $3.77 Pantene Shampoo.... nope
    1750 any revlon polish or treatment...possibly
    3000 any Colgate power toothbrush....nope unless i can find one on clearance
    2500 any Nivea skin care 625 ml .... maybe
    700 crystal light liquid....nope
    2500 ensure....definitely not
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

3000 pts wus $10 on vitamins - maybe
    Pay 3.77 for tresseme shampoo - nope
    1200 wub doritos - maybe
    $1 off twistos - maybe (yay a $ off coupon!)
    800 wub neilson cottage cheese - maybe
    1250 wub always - maybe?
    4000 wub life ibuprofen - maybe

Mine are ok, better than they've been in the past few weeks.
    momi and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

8,000 pts when I spend $30.00 on skin care..the rest aren't that great 800 pts when you buy milk, $2.79 for 4 pkg dove ( I just bought 4 packages, 4 bars per pack, this week for .99 cents on clearance). I prefer $$ off instead of points, like some people mentioned...

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Not loving mine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Excellent post.

I also tracked since June 2014. Return with point $ value is near 60%, maximized by redeeming on sale items. And, by using the personal coupons 1 x only.

It should be of no surprise that things are changing, probably largely due to multiple use (photocopying) the already great offers. SDM could not possibly notice that.

It is disturbing to see coupon bloggers on facebook bragging about and encouraging others to do the same (copy offers and shop at several SDM).

The end may be now due to abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    Actually, the amazingness of SDM personalized coupons has only been for the past year or two. Before that, they were focussed more on the big in-store events, which had higher spending requirements ($50 or $75) and the occasional mail-to-home coupons. Some of the recent changes, including the big M-W-F coupons, are very, very good.

After I did the March Spend Your Points redemption, I started tracking all my SDM shops in a spreadsheet, to confirm what I though I had seen between November and March. So far, yes, I am correct. I seem to be getting about 50,000 points (usually worth $100+ on bonus redemptions) for about $200 OOP. That's 50% rate of return, on items that are already at very good sale prices. Two years ago, I was not accumulating points that quickly, because I don't do big SDM shops.
    coupon girl, momi, amira84 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post
    Excellent post.

I also tracked since June 2014. Return with point $ value is near 60%, maximized by redeeming on sale items. And, by using the personal coupons 1 x only.

It should be of no surprise that things are changing, probably largely due to multiple use (photocopying) the already great offers. SDM could not possibly notice that.

It is disturbing to see coupon bloggers on facebook bragging about and encouraging others to do the same (copy offers and shop at several SDM).

The end may be now due to abuse.
    I've been wondering why SDM doesn't just move towards having customers load their coupons to their cards, like with PC points, instead of printing them. If they were loaded, the system would attribute points and dollars off, and would not allow abuse or fraud. But then it occured to me that if they were loaded, all of their Optimum card holders would be using the offers, not just the what I suspect is minority of Optimum card holders who actually print and use the coupons. So the value might go down if the offers were used more widely.

As to the bloggers encouraging abuse, every week I see bloggers who post coupon deal match-ups that pair P&G brandsaver coupons with the P&G CO51 offers, even though on CO51 the P&G offers clearly state not to be combined with any other coupon. I've even seen it pointed out on the blogger's pages, but that never gets changed. Bloggers make money from number of page views, as it affects their advertising rates. And more people will go to those blogs if it seems that great deals are posted. It seems that the legitimacy of the deals doesn't bother many of the bloggers. Not saying this is the case for all, but certainly for some.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This week I got

8,000 WUS $30 Skin Care
    1,000 Olay Body Wash (295-400mL)
    1,000 Any Always Infinity or Radiant Infinity pads (12-16pk)
    3,500 Any L'Oreal Powder Foundation
    400 Any Dawn Dish Detergent
    2,000 Any Pantene Shampoo
    800 any milk (2L and under)

Funny thing about this is the Olay and Always have size specified right in the offer, but the image on the pantene shampoo one looks like it's a travel size bottle, also the L'Oreal one specifies Powder Foundation but has a picture of Bronzer (their cheap stuff) this could prove to be interesting week!
    momi, amira84 and zealot1205 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@super807 and @WINNIPEGZELDA

I started collecting optimum points since March/April of last year and personalized coupons were the only reason this program caught my eye. And then i never looked back. I have kept a little record of my big shops at sdm and i guess all of them have been an awesome return in points. Now i can imagine using big personalized coupon on a redemption day. It's very sad for me. I am very used to double dipping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hubby's card
    8000 wus $30 over counter medication - yep, have to check out prices on vitamins and other stuff
    3000 Maxwell house - definitely if on sale
    500 country harvest bread or bagels - yes, buy every week anyways
    1750 any Clairol hair colour - they must have seen my roots!
    600 life b light bulbs - sure
    1200 doritoes - sure
    2000 pantene shampoo - have to check prices.

If I were to purchase every item, I would spend anywhere from $50 to $60 oop.
    I would get back 17050 in points.
    I'm not good at figuring what those points would be worth on bonus redemption, but I think around $30 back?
    Great value

my card
    18500 wus $100 on anything - too much $ at once
    500 country harvest bread - yes
    2500 pull ups jumbo - depends on price - for grandson
    500 cheerios - if on sale
    $1 off colgate - no
    6500 vitalux vitamins - if for kids
    3500 mascara - no
    Last edited by WINNIPEGZELDA; Fri, Apr 24th, 2015 at 03:20 PM.
    Anna Michele, momi and amira84 like this.

Thread Information