User Tag List

Page 294 of 560 FirstFirst ... 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 344 394 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 8398
Like Tree24191Likes

Thread: Share your personalized Shoppers Optimum offers here!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Let's not assume everything is a permanent change. The manufacturer coupon thing could be a glitch that resulted from them trying to fix something else in the system. It would be odd that they finally stated in their coupon policy that manufacturer coupons do count toward thresholds, only to change it. It would also be odd for them to set it up differently than PC points in that regard. Hopefully a bug that is corrected.
    Also, we know that when you ask managers questions, sometimes they make up answers because, they just don't know lol. I have faith the manufacturer coupon thing will work itself out.
    oh i hope you are right anne! would hate if manu coupons cant be used towards the threshhold. btw, where did sdm state the manu coupon counts towards threshhold? is it official? thanks!
    Last edited by LoveCpn; Thu, May 21st, 2015 at 06:55 AM.
    ROMEO, momi, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momi View Post
    I am Going to reveal one more thing that
    Some kind of coupons like spend $20 on food and snack and get 4000 points,spend $30 on skin care and get 8000 points etc etc are not going to work any more with redemption.
    My store manager told me theses types of coupons if the cashier enter the PCID manually then it might work but if you are going to load it and redeeming points or using manufacturer coupons....it's not going to work.
    After this past Saturday theses changes have been made.
    My loaded coupon spend $40 on baby diapers and formula and get 8000 points coupon Aldo did not show up while redeeming points.
    And today my promotional coupon spend $60 and get 16000 bonus points loaded coupon also did not show up because of $20 2001 vendor coupons.
    It's showing my base points 610 but not showing the offer,
    So I returned all the products and bought them again.
    It was not very pleasant incident with my 2 1/2 month old baby boy.
    But thank God my sdm manager and staff is so nice,they did not gave me any trouble and solved my issue.
    Well I'm glad you knew enough to watch for the correct codes at least, I'm sure a few people are going to be unfortunately surprised. I'm not loving these changes, the no points for redemptions one I can live with, but coupons counting against the total will mean I'll be taking some of my business elsewhere.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCpn View Post
    oh i hope you are right anne! would hate if manu coupons cant be used towards the threshhold. btw, where did sdm state the manu coupon counts towards threshhold? is it official? thanks!
    "Coupons that meet the above requirements, with the exception of coupons for free product, qualify towards the spend threshold for promotional events (20x Event, Tim Hortons Event, etc.)."

in their policy

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I agree with Anne about not jumping to conclusions- although it is strange that in the *new*coupon policy (revised as of April 29, 2015) they no longer state that coupons qualify towards the spend threshold. Anne, I think you're quoting from the old policy

I did not have problems using a coupon that brought me below the threshold. I did an 8k bp wus $30 promo yesterday. I used the $5 wub 2 aveeno coupon which brought my subtotal before taxes down below $30. Base points were 300, so I did hit the $30 threshold. The promo code did show up, and under bonus points it read 3001 (3000 bp offer for the aveeno).

I happened to have to speak with Optimum HQ afterward about something else and checked that I would be getting the 8k bp. The rep - who could see my bill in the system - reminded me that the *1* in the 3001 showed that the coupon had been applied to my transaction. She said I should get those points in 5 days.

I had not seen the posts here at that time about not being able to use coupons any longer to bring the total down, otherwise I would have asked specifically about that. But like I said, the bp offer code showed up and I got that *1* along with assurance from the Optimum rep.

Also, thought I’d mention that for all the loaded promos I’ve done, the codes have only shown up after the cashier hit the subtotal or total button (not sure which).

I’ll report back whether those points come through or not. If they don’t, I will likely return my entire purchase. I was going to use one of the aveeno products I’m eager to try but now I’ll wait.

This is all so confusing...

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Thu, May 21st, 2015 at 07:24 AM.
    ROMEO, momi, amira84 and 3 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am also praying,it's just the system glitch.
    They are not making any changes to their manufacturer coupons guidelines and promotions.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

"Coupons that meet the above requirements, with the exception of coupons for free product, qualify towards the spend threshold for promotional events (20x Event, Tim Hortons Event, etc.)."

in their policy
    As I wrote in my above post (#4399), this was stated in the old policy, but is not in the new one as of April 29, 2015

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Thu, May 21st, 2015 at 07:32 AM.
    ROMEO, LoveCpn, momi and 3 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

I shopped yesterday using 8000 pts wys 30.00 on anything, to be awarded in 5 business days.
    Pretax amount was 31.10. Used 2 FPC when she rang in as 2002 and both those items did not count towards the pretax amount.
    Used 13.00 in coupons. The points showed up as regular points 310, digital bonus points 3001 (had personal offer for 3000 points on a product), total points earned today 3311.
    That '1' is the points to be awarded later.
    Two promotional coupons ID's showed up at the end before the total which I am figuring are for the 8000 points and personal offer. Nothing else was used.
    LoveCpn, momi, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I agree with Anne about not jumping to conclusions- although it is strange that in the *new*coupon policy (revised as of April 29, 2015) they no longer state that coupons qualify towards the spend threshold. Anne, I think you're quoting from the old policy

I did not have problems using a coupon that brought me below the threshold. I did an 8k bp wus $30 promo yesterday. I used the $5 wub 2 aveeno coupon which brought my subtotal before taxes down below $30. Base points were 300, so I did hit the $30 threshold. The promo code did show up, and under bonus points it read 3001 (3000 bp offer for the aveeno).

I happened to have to speak with Optimum HQ afterward about something else and checked that I would be getting the 8k bp. The rep - who could see my bill in the system - reminded me that the *1* in the 3001 showed that the coupon had been applied to my transaction. She said I should get those points in 5 days.

I had not seen the posts here at that time about not being able to use coupons any longer to bring the total down, otherwise I would have asked specifically about that. But like I said, the bp offer code showed up and I got that *1* along with assurance from the Optimum rep.

Also, thought I’d mention that for all the loaded promos I’ve done, the codes have only shown up after the cashier hit the subtotal or total button (not sure which).

I’ll report back whether those points come through or not. If they don’t, I will likely return my entire purchase. I was going to use one of the aveeno products I’m eager to try but now I’ll wait.

This is all so confusing...

Silk
    I don't think I am Silk. The issue was that was never actually in their policy and that was a recent change.
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2shopmom View Post
    I shopped yesterday using 8000 pts wys 30.00 on anything, to be awarded in 5 business days.
    Pretax amount was 31.10. Used 2 FPC when she rang in as 2002 and both those items did not count towards the pretax amount.
    Used 13.00 in coupons. The points showed up as regular points 310, digital bonus points 3001 (had personal offer for 3000 points on a product), total points earned today 3311.
    That '1' is the points to be awarded later.

Two promotional coupons ID's showed up at the end before the total which I am figuring are for the 8000 points and personal offer. Nothing else was used.
    Can you clarify? Are you saying your total was $31.10 before or after FPC's?
    momi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

total did not include the FPC b/c those were taken off right after the product and she rang in as 2002.
    Total 31.10 pretax/pre manuf coupons

Can you clarify? Are you saying your total was $31.10 before or after FPC's?
    annedougherty and momi like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    As I wrote in my above post (#4399), this was stated in the old policy, but is not in the new one as of April 29, 2015

Silk
    Thank you for your specifics lol fact remains, that as far as PC points go, coupons do count. As far as most rewards programs go, including those not run by companies owned by loblaws, coupons still count. So, maybe we shouldn't pull alarm bells yet and this will work itself out. Did anyone do a spend that was 20x WUS $75, spend $100 and use $25 in coupons, for example? do we know that in that case your base points would have been only 750 and not 1000?
    2shopmom, momi and JasmineTea like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

total did not include the FPC b/c those were taken off right after the product and she rang in as 2002.
    Total 31.10 pretax/pre manuf coupons
    thank you, i just wanted to make sure you weren't giving us any new information about FPCs counting toward thresholds.
    momi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

I've never had FPC count towards the amounts as in many discussions there has always been the distinction between 2002 FPC and 2001 cents off.
    thank you, i just wanted to make sure you weren't giving us any new information about FPCs counting toward thresholds.
    momi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

just curious, but why are so many people worried about the coupons counting or not counting towards thresholds? Is there something in this page after page thread that is leading us to believe that cents off coupons don't count towards totals?
    momi and JasmineTea like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

just curious, but why are so many people worried about the coupons counting or not counting towards thresholds? Is there something in this page after page thread that is leading us to believe that cents off coupons don't count towards totals?
    Because people who used coupons yesterday did not see the coupon number on their receipt or it did not show as redeemed in their account

However, they obviously had a huge system glitch recently. On Tuesday night, no one could log in online, the apps went down and their standard response is "wait for a push notification for an update".

As Anne posted, for quite some time, while coupons worked, their policy said they did not. They amended the policy to say manu coupons (not FPCs) did count towards thresholds, so even without stating it in the new policy, it would be strange to change it (and questionable since they are getting paid the full amount and you are buying a product).

I was chatting with my local SDM person this morning and she has noticed that it happens if you only buy $xx for a threshold.

So say you have 4000 WUS $20 on food, you buy $20.75 and use $5 in coupons = didn't show but if you did the same and spent $5 on beauty, it worked bc the system didn't know what the coupons are for. However, she also said their system went down twice yesterday and they had to reboot the cash registers and her manager still thinks coupons do count towards products so if they changed it, they have not communicated with stores.

I tried asking on their facebook, but they told me to call 1800-SHOPPERs which we know is useless bc they will give you a different answer every time.
    2shopmom, super807, momi and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Thread Information