User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Weird experience with Coach Wallet and store security systems Walmart Home outfitter

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

For the last 4 days I have been encountering problems when going in and out of stores. I'm setting off the security alarms. The security peeps have all been understanding and waved me in and out but its getting annoying. Today I decided to see if I could narrow down what was triggering it.

With the help of a security peep.. I emptied my purse piece by piece and passed through the detector. After about 30 minutes we finally determined it 's my empty Coach Wallet that is setting it off. I've been using this wallet since the summer of 2011, with no issues at all!! Oddly enough, my Coach purse purchased at the same time passes through silently. Is anyone else having this problem?

It was really funny when I was trying to discover the problem. Women kept coming over and opening their purses to show security.. We are an odd odd bunch..
    This thread is currently associated with: Coach, Walmart
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

havent had any problems with my older or my brand new coach purses..although I do have a new one i havent taken out of bag and used yet..hope its ok
    MillieH and momi like this.

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

I had the same problem one time and I couldn't figure it out. It ended up being a sensor tag in my bra! Hahaha

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

maybe try and see if they can run your wallet over one of those De-sensor bar things like they do DVDs and medical things when you purchase them see if that will de-activate it.. i haven't been setting those off in awhile.. though medal detectors.. i almost always set those off (everytime i go to the airport i ask myself, do i want to be groped, go through the pervy scan, or just take my bra off)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-its a sensor tag most likely in your coach wallet doesnt matter if you bought it in 2011-it will keep going off with the warmth in your purse or your body -you have to find it and take it out -may be sewn in -who knows

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wow! imagine that ^^ it is a sensor tag inside the wallet? Who'd have thunk it? I have never set off alarms leaving a store, but I have no Coach type purses though.
    Patty Smyth, MillieH and momi like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

This happened to me a long time ago. Bought some cords at WM and had been wearing them for over a year and the alarms would set off. Discovered one of the sticky plastic bar codes in the lining of my pants pocket. Strange too because I had washed the pants multiple times! You'd think it would have broken or something.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i'd either ask them to 'detag' the item at a cashier as well or just take it back to coach themselves and ask for them to do it or a new one.
    i've only ever set detectors off once at an airport.. wearing a belt is not worth that exam.
    lilo0003 and MillieH like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I had the same thing happen to me just recently. Especially when i went into a Walmart. It went on for weeks. No-one ever asked to check my things but it began to freak me out.

I was wearing the same old clothes i normally wear, with the same old handbag i've had for years and years, doing the same old thing i normally do.
    I emptied everything out of my handbag...just in case there was a tag or something, switched to another handbag and since then not a peep from the alarms.
    Still not sure what the issue was as apart from a bunch of old receipts, a shopping list or two and maybe a manky looking candy there was nothing that i could figure would trip up an alarm.
    At least it's finished...and fingers crossed it stays that way!
    MillieH likes this.
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It's weird that a 3 year old wallet would all of the sudden start triggering sensors, unless all the stores you've been just upgraded their alarms.
    Old Navy and Gap used to be terrible for having sensor tags hidden in their clothing that would set off every stores alarm except for their own. Like what's the point of of sensor tag if it doesn't trigger your own stores alarm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MillieH and momi like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i wouldn't be surprised if they have just tightened up their sensors...
    MillieH likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

My step pedomoter sets off the alarm at the downtowm Shoppers in Victoria.
    MillieH likes this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I did find a tiny security strip in the wallet.. lordie.. I had gone to home outfitters and I noticed it went off when I was leaving.. it must have been reactivated in that store. I contacted Coach and they told me where to find it..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by neelkamalll1979 View Post
    I had the same problem one time and I couldn't figure it out. It ended up being a sensor tag in my bra! Hahaha
    I had this problem the week before lol.. I had purchased some bras online and they had sensor tags in them.. lordie.. you'd think they'd tell us so we could remove them.
    momi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Coach has excellent customer service. I'm sure if you popped into the store & explained, they could help you out. Good luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information