User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Ontario Votes 2014 (Provincial Election)

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    That is actually from the last election. I think this morning's paper said "The Sequel" or something.

35.5% of the legislature will be women. In the last election, 30 women occupied seats, now 38 women will.
    To think, in the 80s the Legislature had a committee that was trying to get 50% women by 1994 and we are still far from it
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Harper has been dealing with the Liberals here since 2003, he doesn't care - well used to it
    and conservatives will get austerity with the Libs when our credit is downgraded within the next few weeks
    Harper is going to do what he always does with things he doesn't want to deal with, ignore it, like he ignores Quebec and believe me no one is happier about that than Quebec.
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To think, in the 80s the Legislature had a committee that was trying to get 50% women by 1994 and we are still far from it
    I read a comment on an article about the gender make-up and someone said something to the effect of "why is gender even an issue?" I think this comment sums up why it is still an issue.
    FallenPixels and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    I read a comment on an article about the gender make-up and someone said something to the effect of "why is gender even an issue?" I think this comment sums up why it is still an issue.
    Back in my university days I worked for a female politician. Her answer was always "most women have more sense and realize there is more to be done outside of these fine walls to create change"
    anisa, Patty Smyth, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Most of the commentators are saying we will see Wynne reign in spending and take a harder line with unions in order to balance the budget, 6 months before the next election (Sept-Oct 2018) there will be an independent review of Ontario's finances and it would look bad if she still has a deficit. If you are thinking about buying a house, there are a lot of rumours about them adding a tax on houses, especially new builds and developers.
    Seems that this is correct -- they plan to ask the unions for 0% increase was discussed as they swear in the new Liberal parliament today.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

and several are set to strike, they are already way overdue on AMAPCEO talks which were put on hold during the election
    ~ ~ ~

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information