User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: box no frills Queenston Plaza

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They don't have one this week in-store either, they still had the one ending Dec 31 when I went on Friday night
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

40 loads sunlight powder $2.95
    If you have the $2 peelie or $1 insert its a great deal even if you dont it still decent
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Mon, Mar 30th, 2015 at 07:03 PM.
    annedougherty likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    40 loads sunlight powder $2.95
    If you have the $2 peelie or $1 insert its a great deal even if you dont it still decent
    Hmmmm, I have a bunch of peelies and that's about as good as it gets!
    Anna Michele likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wondering what's going to happen with Box in Queenston Plaza. There is a sign up that No Frills is coming soon to that plaza (where Target was). Couldn't see them competing with themselves with two very similar stores in the same plaza.
    Ciel, Anna Michele and JDI007 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Who knows, they only have 3-4 across the country so I am surprised they would give themselves any competition there
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Box either will remain open until the No Frills is ready or close shortly before the reno is done. Good for the former Target store getting a new tenant.
    Anna Michele and JDI007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Yay im so excited for a no frills I dont like the box not taking coupons mind you I wont like if no frills quits price matching

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    Ciel, JDI007 and kimijeen like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yeah No Frills will get less of my business if they quit.
    That Target store is big for a NF are they tasking it all?
    Ciel, Anna Michele, JDI007 and 1 others like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It says on the sign, No Frills and GoodLife Fitness coming soon.

I'm fairly happy about No Frills, just as long as they have good quality foods/meats etc. but GoodLife Fitness.....I feel like doesn't belong...we have one just across from Eastgate, which is 2 mins away by car, and another one on Barton st.
    I would have liked to see a Best Buy since they got rid of Future Shop, we don't have one around...the nearest one is either in Burlington or all the way up the mountain.
    But hopefully No Frills will have fresh food,
    Heck, I was at Starsky the other day and their cauliflower is expired and mold is growing on it!!!! yet they refuse to remove it? wtheck is happening!!? same with their cucumbers I bought, both were expired in the inside....they didn't even smell right when I peeled them.. how can this be happening..
    had to walk over to Freshco across the street to buy cauliflower and cucumbers, very fresh by the way!!

how can they be allowed to sell molded/expired produce..for goodness sake, I'v been there last month because I'v been trying to find a fresh cauliflower and even back then it was the same one! mold all over it! they haven't even checked? so that same mold cauliflower has been sitting in that store for who knows how long now..at least a month and that's just when I noticed it...it's disturbing, highly turns me off from going there....where's the health inspector!!
    Ciel, Anna Michele and kimijeen like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Best Buy would have been great

I find the produce at many grocery stores (and sometimes even the farmers market) is terrible. When we lived in Burlington, we often shopped at Food Basics and had no issues with produce but the FB near me in Hamilton, I rarely buy anything fresh. They have meat that is brown with 30% off stickers
    Ciel and JDI007 like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Box sure had a short run. I only went a couple times because it's out of the way for me, but was able to price match milk to $3.65 when they first opened and some other deals.
    Ciel and JDI007 like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Never been to Box lol. And now that target is gone I barely travel past centennial and live near king and Hwy 8. I am sticking to superstore and sdm for the most part. It's worth driving to Grimsby. I will probably even get a Costco membership when that opens in Grimsby.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Ciel, Anna Michele and kimijeen like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I think I have been once since Target closed too, bc he was in Mark's and I was bored
    I occasionally go to Freshco over there but that area lost most of my business with Target gone
    Ciel, Anna Michele and JDI007 like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Best Buy would have been great

I find the produce at many grocery stores (and sometimes even the farmers market) is terrible. When we lived in Burlington, we often shopped at Food Basics and had no issues with produce but the FB near me in Hamilton, I rarely buy anything fresh. They have meat that is brown with 30% off stickers
    Yes! I agree, the Food Basics in Hamilton the one I'v been to on Barton st. fruits/vegetables, expired and mold. Vegetables were not fresh appeared soggy or like they'v been sitting there for who knows how long...the store itself was unclean, raspberries/blueberries had mold on them, didn't pay close attention to the meat but at Starsky's I saw packaged meat that was brown around the edges a couple times..never again! /I once bought a frozen Chinese entree from FB came home, microwaved it, and had to throw it out because I don't know what was wrong with it but it was disgusting the smell made me almost vomit, it was gross..it didn't smell like food, will never go to FB again..not that one.

I miss Sobey's on Queenston where it got replaced with Freshco..Sobey's had good "hot n' ready" food that I enjoyed, their Chinese food was good, loved their sandwiches, meat was a little pricey but once in a while we did buy it I think it was still cheaper than Freshco? perhaps..

I also agree about Farmer's market's, the one in Stoney Creek/Denninger's plaza I avoid! not fresh/lot's of fruit's and vegetables that have gone bad.
    I like the one on Ottawa st. I really should go there more often, it's just only opened a couple times a week in the summer and only till 1 or 2 pm. but the food there is fresh!
    Last edited by JDI007; Wed, Dec 2nd, 2015 at 02:05 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Apparently the box is closing at the end of the month cashier said go often as they will be clearing stuff out, have a few boxes of pampers size two swaddlers for $20 140 count Nutella 375g $1.50
    FallenPixels, Ciel and JDI007 like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information