• 4 Post By CouponingQueen
  • 3 Post By Shirnette
  • 2 Post By momi
  • 3 Post By TooCouponCrazy
  • 1 Post By Shirnette

Thread: Price Matching Dilemma @ NF

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yesterday I went to a local Ni Frills to price match bath soap with Valumart. The staff I met there were all great including the cashier who told me she couldn't honour the price match since"Valumart is not a major competitor". I had told her I wouldn't address the issue with her but that I would need to speak to the store manager. While I was packing my grocery, I could hear her talking on the phone by the cash register & I realized she was talking to someone in management. A lady came over & asked how she could help me. I basically told her that I didn't understand why the price match is being denied when I have an ad, the physical flyer for the identical item. She said its store policy and that Valumart isn't considered a major competitor as they don't do as well in sales as the NF and then she stated that they don't do PM with stores that are not in the same geographical area. I asked her what exactly she meant. She then stated that there are no Valumarts in Brampton. She said they don't dont PM either with Zehrs & she asked me if I know where the Zehrs store are. I didn't even get a chancevto answer & she said cottage country. I told her that every week I get the Valumart flyer in my mailbox so I suspect that one is around. I was about to check my phone via google but I had to go. I told her it was ok & I left.
    Later on, I went to WM to do a PM only to realize the pkg there has 1 more box than what the flyer stipulated.I discussed it with DH last night & he was baffled. I decided to call back the store today to speak to someone since I googled & found out that a Valumart is in Mississauga. The # I called was for the HO. I pleaded my case but the rep was of no help. I asked her for the tel # for the store but she said its not listed so she offered to transfer me. I ended speaking to a male(FINALLY!!).. I explained my reason for calling & asked if he could honour the request as I went to the store to get 1 item (that I found out they no longer carry in the short term) and ended up with a lot more than I intended on buying at that store. He asked me the name if the person but I told him it eluded me. I told him the time of day and asked if the receipt info would help but he says it didnt matter as it's gonna be that persons word against mine but wished ...he didnt finish the sentence. He told me he would honour the price match, just to bring my receipt and the flyer by 3 PM tomorrow(he had asked me when I could come in & if I lived in Brampton).. He asked if I had any other issues he could help me with & I told him no. I made him aware that I normally shop there, even though a new store opened closer to my house.i told hi I've never had any problems before & how disappointed I was to be told I couldn't do that price match. He took my name & said he will get to the bottom of the incident and discuss it with the franchisee owner..I'm glad that I asserted myself and I truly appreciate the great service that this gentleman demonstrated without seeing me..Seeingvthat I had plans to go past that store tomorrow, I will be there to get my 2 pkgs of bath soap.
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills, Valumart, Via Rail, Zehrs
    Last edited by Shirnette; Fri, May 16th, 2014 at 08:34 PM.
    walkonby, ticul, momi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Yay for standing up for your right to price match
    ticul, momi, Shirnette and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It happened to me too. The NF near my home (walk distance) refused to do PM with Target on baby formula (target, 5km away). The cashier just told me they donot do PM with Target, since people are waiting behind me, I just gave it up.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Good for you. They are wrong on Zehrs locations though I saw one in Bolton last night and while I live in Oakville I am pretty sure Bolton is right next to Brampton and that's not cottage country
    Last edited by lilo0003; Fri, May 16th, 2014 at 10:32 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

glad you finally spoke with a person that helped. Such aggravation now.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

wow. My NF price matches EVERY SINGLE store, and I have a few people I know and they trust me, so I let them know the prices and they do it for me. I wish it was the same for you and I hope that you ended up getting them!
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponingQueen View Post
    wow. My NF price matches EVERY SINGLE store, and I have a few people I know and they trust me, so I let them know the prices and they do it for me. I wish it was the same for you and I hope that you ended up getting them!
    Wow...I want to shop at your NF..I went and got the items at the mat he'd price but the manager who approved it said he didnt get a chance to discuss with higher ups as well. He spoke with, who seems to be a c/s manager,and she explained to him the same sphiel about not being major competitor. Said I could leave my contact info & someone could call me back with an explanation. I just thanked him & told him since its their policy, I'll go to WM with any price matches I need to do regarding Valumart.. Hate Walmart but gotta love their desire to have so much market share.
    ticul, momi and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Shrinette do you have the actual store flyer or did you price match with screenshot(mobile or tablet)?.
    just wanted yo know?.
    because my nofrills allows me to match the price with my iPad,
    ticul and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good job standing up for your PM.
    ticul, momi and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momi View Post
    Shrinette do you have the actual store flyer or did you price match with screenshot(mobile or tablet)?.
    just wanted yo know?.
    because my nofrills allows me to match the price with my iPad,
    Momi,I had the physical flyer.
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    Momi,I had the physical flyer.
    Ok thanks,
    Shirnette the rockey's nofrill located in Brampton allows price match with screenshots,

Thread Information