User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By anastasia1009
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Inexpensive Tooth Extractions

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After being out of work for so long, my dental hygiene has gone right down the sewer. I went to a denturist since I figured that there was no way of saving my mouth, sure enough he said it would be a lost cause. So my only option it seems is to get everything extracted and go for the fake things!

The trouble is, with being out of work for so long, I am out of money too. i am on Ontario works but they will only cover about $1000 of the dentures and that does not include extractions. Does anyone have any idea of what it would be to get basically my entire mouth of teeth extracted? It would be a lot of work so I am thinking Oral Surgeon as there are a number that are broken off right at the gum.

**Edit** Just found out today that OW 100% of the extractions!!!! So I will just need to get the dentures. That is more than acceptable and doable I think. I just have to get the paperwork done and start the process of renovations!

Thank you for the ideas and help!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by theweave3162; Tue, May 27th, 2014 at 03:22 PM.
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I work in a denturist clinic I am a office admin and we work with many different places in Hamilton for extractions. I am surprised that Special Support didn't pay for extractions maybe you were seeing the wrong dentist who doesn't know the programs. Also you can go to the Hamilton Dental Bus and they can do extractions and the dental clinic owned by the City will do extractions for free BUT only two or three at a time. Message me which denturist you saw and which dentist. I know the program and the rules.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

You are describing surgery if all teeth must go. And that means you probably need someone to attend with you to the surgery if anesthesia has to be used.
    I looked in the Toronto Star search for dental care-the man who had your situation got free services due to a dental professional stepping up to help him for free after the man's story was published (2007).
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ciel,

Free would be so nice, but I can't really see a reporter doing a story about me! Maybe if this keeps up, I may try it. A person in a near death accident who beats the odds and recovers, goes to school and graduates but can't find work because he has poor dental health from not having money for dental care. It just may work!
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Thread Information