Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By GregSaves
  • 2 Post By cinpow
  • 2 Post By goulaisgirl
  • 1 Post By GregSaves
  • 3 Post By CrazyQT
  • 1 Post By ticul
  • 3 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Kraft Philadelphia Cheesecake contest - Last Philly I'll be buying...

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

So, I noticed a thread on SC mentioning the upcoming cheesecake contest from Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese earlier this week. The contest starts on June 2 at 12 PM. The first 250 entrants get an FPC for Philly cream cheese. In order to enter the contest, you need to provide a cheesecake recipe and a picture of the finished cheesecake.

So I made plans to make a cheesecake on the morning of June 2 since I had the day off work anyway. I checked the website this morning for more details. The post said: "The contest starts at 12 pm ET, Monday, June 2! Complete contest details and rules coming soon."

So I started to make the cheesecake. By the time it was done, I had finished making the cheesecake, took a picture of it and got my recipe ready to submit when the contest opened at 12:00. I looked at the website again. It was a few minutes before the contest was about to open. When I looked this time, the rules and more details were available. As soon as I looked at the rules I noticed: "excluding the following: Residents of the Province of Quebec"

It seems many companies exclude Quebec from contests. Not all. Just the lazy ones who don't want to take the time to comply with the rules in Quebec. That alone isn't the problem. The problem is they waited until almost the last minute to release the rules of the contest. I wasted the morning making a cheesecake for nothing.

But I guarantee the Philly I used to make the cheesecake this morning will be the last I'll be buying for a LONG time.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would be very disappointed too if it was me, not sure if you have tried Lactantia cream cheese before, they are a Quebec based company and I find them to make creamier cheesecakes than Philly.
    Last edited by cinpow; Mon, Jun 2nd, 2014 at 12:35 PM.
    Dee09 and ticul like this.

goulaisgirl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i to like lancatia better its softer and creamier
    Dee09 and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I actually haven't tried Lactancia Cream cheese before. I like their other products, so I'll definitely give it a try next time. Thanks.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

That's the pits. At least you have a yummy cheesecake to enjoy. Mmm Mmmm good.
    Dee09, ticul and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Awww, sorry to hear that. Yes I would be desappointed also. But, on the bright side, you have dessert ready.........
    Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSaves View Post
    So, I noticed a thread on SC mentioning the upcoming cheesecake contest from Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese earlier this week. The contest starts on June 2 at 12 PM. The first 250 entrants get an FPC for Philly cream cheese. In order to enter the contest, you need to provide a cheesecake recipe and a picture of the finished cheesecake.

So I made plans to make a cheesecake on the morning of June 2 since I had the day off work anyway. I checked the website this morning for more details. The post said: "The contest starts at 12 pm ET, Monday, June 2! Complete contest details and rules coming soon."

So I started to make the cheesecake. By the time it was done, I had finished making the cheesecake, took a picture of it and got my recipe ready to submit when the contest opened at 12:00. I looked at the website again. It was a few minutes before the contest was about to open. When I looked this time, the rules and more details were available. As soon as I looked at the rules I noticed: "excluding the following: Residents of the Province of Quebec"

It seems many companies exclude Quebec from contests. Not all. Just the lazy ones who don't want to take the time to comply with the rules in Quebec. That alone isn't the problem. The problem is they waited until almost the last minute to release the rules of the contest. I wasted the morning making a cheesecake for nothing.

But I guarantee the Philly I used to make the cheesecake this morning will be the last I'll be buying for a LONG time.

Maybe you can contact the company by e-mail, telling them what you have told us.
    Maybe they will make it right, by sending you some coupons, since you can't enter the contest
    aussie, Dee09 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information