User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sarajohn1255

Thread: i need best air conditioner

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi friends
    I am living in Mississauga and i want to buy best Air conditioner but i don't understand which brand I choose which brand are best for other so friends please suggest me the best brand for air conditioner
    Thanks in anticipation
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ROMEO likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To clarify.... do you want...
    • something portable that can be wheeled from room to room? Warning these things are like 70lbs that need to be dragged up and downstairs!
    • something window mounted so it only works in one room?
    • something connected to your central heating?
    • something cheap like opening a window? Think about your electric bill! Personally I got myself some HomeDepot window fans that pull cold night air into the bedroom and a high velocity fan to blow hot air out out of the house in another room. Just need to make sure the neighbourhood skunk isn't around.
      http://reviews.homedepot.com/1999/10...ws/reviews.htm (HomeDepot has a 9" fan compared to 7" competitor fans)
      http://www.lowes.ca/portable-fans/ut..._11351829.html (be careful where you aim this thing)
    • you might want to research something called evaporative coolers. Not as effective as an air conditioner, but cheaper to operate.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA9irdjM3Do

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Are you in a house or apartment? Do you own the residence or is it a rental? Rental agreements likely have conditions about what you can install inside or outside the units.

If you own your place, you likely need to know how big your home is (if you want to cool the whole house) or the areas that you want to cool down. If your neighbours' homes are close to yours, you probably need to look into any municipal bylaws about decibel levels of operating units or any other considerations such as will the intended installation spot need reinforcing before the unit gets put in or the ground needs a base installed or other work, etc.

I'd suggest using Consumer Reports at the library to look at factors they considered in tests of air conditioners, so you have some idea of products being sold in US, then try to find them in Cdn stores through online websites to look at pricing and other considerations (delivery/shipping/etc.)
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you in apartment. Does the city bylaw demand the glass to be clear? Some municipalities are amending their bylaws to allow for dark heavy tinted glass when they discovered savings on air conditioning costs.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi !! I moved to Toronto 2 years ago and I had a really good experience with City Heat Air . They serve in Mississauga too. Just click on the name and check with the site.
    www(dot)cityheatair(dot)com

Thread Information