Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50
Like Tree3307Likes

Thread: Saving for summer fun - June 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ angela hope everyone is safe

@ coupon girl enjoy your new light & dinning room

@ lizzie hope your daughter's retainer is found

@ Mrs. S. I could use a boot too (lol) or a fire under my arse would do as well.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well the 1/2 half of my day was not very good, low mood and no energy.

After lunch dh & I went to the re-use it centre where FIl works in search of some treasures (where everything is my fav. price FREE). We didn't have any expectations but boy was I over the moon. As some of you may recall my bbq needed new innerds (lol) and we were going to bite the bullet and buy them this week BUT.....drum roll....A guy was unloading his truck with tons of awesome stuff here's what we got for free, keep in mind we don't take anything stained/soiled, etc....we are picky and at these prices can afford to be

1. A bbq that I don't think was ever fired up with a bbq cover and a propane with propane!!! for home, the button actually works (lol)- looks brand spankin' new
    2. 3 individual solid wood stools all different (I like Eclectic style) for seating at our harvest table @ the cottage
    3. 2 lower kitchen cabinets that match with counter tops for my kitchen at the cottage
    4. A top part of a hutch that we will be mounting on the wall at the cottage like on pintrest
    5. A woodframe 3 seat sofa for the basement at home
    6. A circle chair/couch....drum roll....that opens into a bed for the balcony at the cottage...yippee....It's like 5 feet wide ladies

And a few other odds and ends, so over the moon as we could never have afforded this stuff especially this last year.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Jun 30th, 2014 at 07:39 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

After lunch dh & I went to the re-use it centre where FIl works in search of some treasures (where everything is my fav. price FREE). We didn't have any expectations but boy was I over the moon. As some of you may recall my bbq needed new innerds (lol) and we were going to bite the bullet and buy them this week BUT.....drum roll....A guy was unloading his truck with tons of awesome stuff here's what we got for free, keep in mind we don't take anything stained/soiled, etc....we are picky and at these prices can afford to be

1. A bbq that I don't think was ever fired up with a bbq cover and a propane with propane!!! for home, the button actually works (lol)- looks brand spankin' new
    2. 3 individual solid wood stools all different (I like Eclectic style) for seating at our harvest table @ the cottage
    3. 2 lower kitchen cabinets that match with counter tops for my kitchen at the cottage
    4. A top part of a hutch that we will be mounting on the wall at the cottage like on pintrest
    6. A circle chair/couch....drum roll....that opens into a bed for the balcony at the cottage...yippee....It's like 5 feet wide ladies

And a few other odds and ends, so over the moon as we could never have afforded this stuff especially this last year.
    Yay for you ...jackpot!!!
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J&C I am so envious of your reuse centre. Nice haul.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

You`re so lucky to have a place like that near you Nancy.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-wow nancy so great for you -it all sounds awesome
    -well thanks to a tip on my brag from shwagirl I was able to take a coupon booklet to rona (I called first)and they refunded 11.30 on to my credit card-we bought a ceilng llght there on sunday(enegy efficient)-see at is what smart canucks is all about-helping one another out with little tips
    -we watched "ashlyn" tonight from 6.00til 9.00 and she woudnt go to bed for me after her bottle at 8.15-she fussed I think she wanted her mommy to put her to bed -could have been she is coming up 9 months old -oh well hey didn't mind -hey just asked she wasn't "bad"was she -oh goodness no I love watching my granddughter

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Nancy.. nicely done. awesome timing!

well my last post in here. see you on the flipside.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Glad you like them J and C-you are supposed to boil for one minute, then I cool the pan in the fridge, roll them into small balls and chill on a tray in the fridge(as it is too hot to handle when you first take it off the stove). I have never tried the drop method.

Nice finds for free! Still no retainer so I think we will be getting a new one made!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Jun 30th, 2014 at 11:06 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh Lizzie the lost retainer, we have gone through a few of them after raising four kids!! The last one was left in Sweden, my daughter went to play soccer there the summer she was 14 and came home retainerless...she remained retainerless it was her third one.

We have had a busy and eventful start to summer, my poor son broke the growth plate in his ankle the day before exams last week. He had a spill on his bike, of course I was at work and he had forgotten his cell phone.What irks me the most is that he tried to get up and passed out for a few seconds and when he came to he started to wave and yell help to get someone to stop and help. Well it took him 45 minutes before someone stopped and got him to emergency and let him phone us. What is this world coming to he is not a tough looking kid and small for his age, he said people would slow down and stare and just keep going.Of course our company from Ontario arrived the next day so between surgeon appointments and entertaining and working I am exhausted. He is in an air boot for another week and they will re xray to determine if he will need a surgery. This kid has made me an emergency department frequent flyer, he was out all last summer with a concussion and a broken collar bone. He has one speed and it is fast. what can you do!
    Happy Canada Day Everyone!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Tue, Jul 1st, 2014 at 12:57 AM.
    Crochetlady and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

That is awesome! I wish we had one of those here.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50

Thread Information