Like Tree10Likes
  • 7 Post By theweave3162
  • 2 Post By SavvyLady
  • 1 Post By Darth Penguin

Thread: Air Canada Fraud Scam Calls

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This occurred last month but I wanted it verified by Air Canada before posting. Confirmation was received tonight by email.

On May 2, I received a telephone call on my cell phone, it had a phone number that appeared to be from Brantford Ontario, so I answered it. There was a recording saying that I still had a $500 credit from Air Canada from my last flight and wanted me to press "1" for more information. Since I had not flown Air Canada in my life, I hung up the phone.

I sent an email to Air Canada and they wrote back and said:

Thank you for your email.

Air Canada does not conduct this type of promotion using pre-recorded messages and currently has no promotion in the fashion you have stated.
    We confirm that we do not sell information provided to us by our customers to tele-marketers.

We have received other notification similar to yours in the last few days and believe that someone is calling either random numbers or numbers sourced without Air Canada's intervention to contact individuals. We strongly recommend you do not respond to the message. As well, you may want to alert the authorities through the following website

http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/english/home-eng.html

Sincerely,
    Customer Relations

Please be advised that this scam is out there. Please report if you are hit as well. I would post the number that came up but it is probably a ghost number anyhow.

I didn't know where to post this, so sorry if it is in the wrong place!
    This thread is currently associated with: Aeroplan, Air Canada
    Last edited by theweave3162; Thu, Jun 5th, 2014 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Wanted to correct title to make it more clear
    Silk, Dee09, SFARAZ and 4 others like this.
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Thank you so much for sharing this information.......................

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hate all these scams..I recently received a call from Westjet, I recently took a flight with Westjet, it said you have $999.00 to use on your next flight..I hung up, I figure if it was legit it wouldn't have been an automated recording, also Westjet would call or send me something in the mail.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I got that call a few days ago as well. I just hung up.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    I hate all these scams..I recently received a call from Westjet, I recently took a flight with Westjet, it said you have $999.00 to use on your next flight..I hung up, I figure if it was legit it wouldn't have been an automated recording, also Westjet would call or send me something in the mail.
    Yes.
    Air Canada and Westjet and Porter will do their promotions and points update by e-mail, not telephone.

Thread Information