I am a part of a new organization that is just starting here in Hamilton, Key-Action Network. This group is all about helping new immigrants who are coming to Hamilton to live. The group wants to assist them in starting their new lives in Canada through not just financial help, but love, friendship and care for all.

As part of establishing goodwill in the community of Hamilton, we are going to be hosting "AFRICAN NIGHT FOR GOOD SHEPHERD CENTRES", a charity fundraiser for the Good Shepherd Centres. Why are we supporting them? Because their mission aligns itself with the work that the Key-Action Network is all about. Helping the less fortunate in the city of Hamilton. Half of the proceeds will go to them and the other half will go towards the Key-Action Network Community Centre Fund that has been established.

The fundraising dinner will include: A Four Course Gourmet Dinner (of course!), followed by African and Carribbean music, a fashion show and more. There will also be a silent auction.

The event is on Friday August 29, 2014 from 6:00pm to 1:00am and is being held at Carmens Banquet Centre on Stone Church Road East. Tickets are $60 each BUT if purchased before July 15, they are only $50 each.

Okay now what I need is volunteers! There are several committees that have to be formed in order to make this work. They are:

-Organization and Logistics
-Promotional, Marketing and Ticketing
-Finance and Accounting
-Sponsorship
-Entertainment

We need 5 persons per committee plus one person to act as a chairperson. If you can help out with any of these committees, please send me a PM and I can provide more details to you. We are asking for a commitment, how much of one is to be determined by your committee.

Of course any help would be greatly appreciated! We will provide reference letters to anyone requiring them for resumes etc. after the event.

Thank you in advance.