User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree245Likes

Thread: I can't believe this happened to us

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My husband and I had the most terrible shopping experience of our life yesterday.
    We dropped into SDM for milk,eggs,allergy medication and some vitamins. I was hoping to make it to $50 so I could use the 20x points coupon that was mailed to me. We went to the dairy section and saw two $2 off coupons on a 4L bag of milk. Weird, I thought, usually there is only one sticker on expiring products, this bag had the same date as the others...June 16 ..not expiring anytime soon and the stickers were not firmly stuck as they usually are. My husband decided he'd ask one of the staff if the coupons were valid. She sent in the gentleman in charge of the department who checked and said the coupon should not be there. I assumed the stickers had fallen and got on the milk by mistake because there were several 2L containers of milk with those stickers right above the 4L bags.
    Anyways moments later while we were still shopping a woman accosted my huband, introduced herself as the manager and claimed she had seen my husband changing stickers on the video. We were shocked speechless! My husband said can I see the video? She said no, this is a private store and if you are "caught" again you will be barred from the store. We tried to explain that she was mistaken but she was adament, accused us of theft and left. We were left there shaken to the core. My husband was terribly upset , he doesn't speak English very well but he asked for the manager again and she came back. I asked her how can she accuse of something that did not happen? I begged her to check the video properly which would show the truth. Obviously she had lied to us because the video would not show something that did not happen. At the end she reluctantly said I will take your word for it this time. We can't stop thinking about the experience and wonder why? Why? Why?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    ROMEO, niro_anan, ticul and 2 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey! Firstly, I'm so sorry that you and your husband had this terrible experience, and undoubtedly anyone in your situation would literally be shaken to their core after being accused of such a thing. It is unprofessional on the manager's part, to approach customers in middle of the store, without any proof and to accuse them of theft. I would definitely contact head office, and bring this incident to their attention because your husband definitely deserves an apology!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Go on the offensive. Make a complaint directly to SDM head office and force them to investigate the matter internally. This forces the location and its manager into a defensive posture right from the outset. The key to any fight is to take the initiative and hold on to it.
    Last edited by The Red Viper; Fri, Jun 6th, 2014 at 06:34 PM.
    ROMEO, ticul, Panthera and 6 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

ALSO MAKE A COMPLAINT TO FACEBOOK, THEY RESPOND ASAP. AND ask them to send your complaint up to H.O because it was such a horrible experience. I hope that lady gets whats coming because this storm will brew her way. no matter WHAT happens.. you are NEVER to accuse a customer . jeeze i feel bad for employees working there... they must be treated worse.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

PLEASE do contact head office. You both deserve an apology and the manager definately needs to be spoken to.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, ticul, wolfwoman and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That happened to me before on the subway!!! I hate arrogant people who think they are so right and then refuse to show the evidence. Complain to their head office for sure. You don't deserve that
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, that's just awful. Def contact head office.
    I wouldn't set foot in that store again.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the support guys....means a lot to me. Writing here and reading your comments is helping me a ton. I wrote my comments to sdm through the survey code they had on the receipt. There was a space to ask if the store associate could contact me and I declined. I guess the store associate would be the manager? I have absolutely no desire to talk that woman. Time will heal the pain....I'll probably never forget.
    newb, ticul, momi and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponconfusion View Post
    Thanks for the support guys....means a lot to me. Writing here and reading your comments is helping me a ton. I wrote my comments to sdm through the survey code they had on the receipt. There was a space to ask if the store associate could contact me and I declined. I guess the store associate would be the manager? I have absolutely no desire to talk that woman. Time will heal the pain....I'll probably never forget.
    I hope she personally get the complaint and has to show proof or get the fact that she is wrong... would be satisfying to have her apologise to you but id assume she would smirk while doing so.

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    ticul, momi and TooCouponCrazy like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't be offensive if my life depended on it . I wish I could fight and take this further but I'm afraid. I never want to go to that store but I probably will as it is the only store in town with groceries and I love collecting optimum points.....but the fun is kinda gone now. I don't want to make an enemy out of her.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Don't be afraid. You did nothing wrong and someone like that should not be in a management position. think of other people she may have done this to. You are an adult who can defend herself, but what if she accused a child? It's not right any way you slice it. You can do it! She deserves a complaint. I always think the companies don't follow up on the surveys, worth an email. You can do it!

I can't be offensive if my life depended on it . I wish I could fight and take this further but I'm afraid. I never want to go to that store but I probably will as it is the only store in town with groceries and I love collecting optimum points.....but the fun is kinda gone now. I don't want to make an enemy out of her.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The associate (pharmacist) is actually the owner of the store. The managers boss.
    ticul, torontogal12, momi and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh my god you guys convinced me especially you Torontogal. Just emailed sdm.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Sorry that happened to you and your husband couponconfusion.

This kind of thing is why I now always ask for the name and offical position of any-one in case I need to make a complaint. I want to make sure my bases are covered first.
    emg, ticul, torontogal12 and 2 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So proud of you!!! Let us know what happens. This was not right!
    oh my god you guys convinced me especially you Torontogal. Just emailed sdm.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information