User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Why is it cheaper to buy a new printer than ink??????

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My last printer ran out of ink years ago. I thought about buying new ink, but buying a new printer is CHEAPER. It's insane. If I need to print stuff that is not confidential or secure info, I just print it at the library for 15 cents a page. At some point, I do need to be able to print out stuff at home as I do my taxes on-line and need to print copies that I don't want to print in public. I don't know how to solve this issue. I really don't want to have to spend that much on ink and I don't want to keep having to buy a new printer.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

It is because nobody refills inkjet cartridges any more.

I often save about 15 refilling mine at Island Inkjet.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My dad uses refillable cartridges and refills them @home for his home business my dad runs a videographer service in Vancouver and I usually prints the coupons out outside like library and health agencies

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Staple sells the reset chip, or at least they did a few years ago. At the time they were around $25.
    Another work around is to have 4 or 5 used cartridges that you refill. The printer can only read something like 5 cartridges until they think the old is a new one again.
    walkonby likes this.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I'm so super confused! I never knew you could refill a cartridge! I just kept tossing and replacing the black ink one. I have an inkjet printer and one black refill usually lasts me a year or more and runs about $40-$45 or so. I never replace the color ones.

I looked into the 123 ink website and the reviews were almost all bad for the refilled ones and for the new ones they charge way more then HP website does.
    walkonby likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's a widely known fact that printer companies make a large bulk of their profit margins from ink. All in good business!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

This topic just bugs the ttt out of me! The day we were leaving to head to our oldest dd's for a week, I was trying to print some service manual for the power jacks in our rv. The color printed fine, but the black would not. I had just purchased new ink cartridges a few days before at Costco and replaced the black that morning. Nothing, natta, zip, zero, zilch....

I did some reading online and learned that the printer I have (had) an HP 3250 had a big time problem with the black ink clogging, and of coarse, the printer heads could not be taken out to be cleaned as in some other printers. I tried putting lighter fluid on a q-tip, rubbing alcohol, you name it I tried it. I finally gave in a purchased an HP Envy 4500 It was $10 cheaper at Staples than it was at Costco. This time I paid the $10 for a 2 year warranty that is a straight swap for a new one if anything goes wrong.

As for the ink....I'll return the colored as it wasn't open, but the black...well I've decided to tackle the printer. It was put in there so it must come out. Now that I have a new printer, I'm going to take the old one apart. If I can clean the black ink printer screen, it will work again, then I'll have a back up
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information