User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know what protocol is here about posting another thread about a sale but I thought I would start another one since my other thread is in the Shopping Discussion area. Since the sale starts tommorrow I think it qualifies as a hot deal.(Thanks goes to JACKSORBETTA from another forum for writing up the summary so well)

Here are some info you need to know:

1: Rental option ends and stores close at 5pm Thursday, Sept 8th.

2: Stores reopen Friday, Sept 9th at 10am with the 1st wave of discounts. Sale end date: October 1st.

3: Monday, Sept 12, 2011, store hours change to 12-9pm

4: EVERYTHING must go. Yes, this means systems, games, food, skin off their backs and possibly the paint on the walls

5: Discounts start at 15 & 25%, increasing to 40, 50 and 70 by the last week.

6: All sales are final. No exchanges, returns or refunds. Caveat Emptor.

7: ALL stores are shutting down for good. There will be NO locations remaining in Canada.

8: Giftcards and coupons will NOT be honoured beginning Friday Sept 9th.

9: Here is a list of ALL 253 STORES closing
    http://www.grantthornton.ca/resource...une%2026th.pdf

10: Sale percentages starts at 15% off game and systems/accessories, 25% off everything else

11: There are only 4 stores left in Toronto, nothing in Scarborough.
    125 The Queensway, Etobicoke
    5230 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke
    5825 Yonge Street, Toronto
    75 Hanna Avenue, Toronto

Now you are updated. Enjoy the sale and please be kind to the staff as they won't have jobs after a few weeks.
    This thread is currently associated with: Blockbuster
    Last edited by dvdswapper; Thu, Sep 8th, 2011 at 01:27 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks for the post!
    Earn FREE PRIZES, Paypal$, Gift Cards with SWAGBUCKS by searching! Please use my referral, and earn with me. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/KathyN
    Beyond the rack save up to 90% off clothes and more! http://vnlink.co/Sb7eFax

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

No stores left in the lower mainland of BC I'm pretty sure. Hasta la vista Lackluster Video.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did you check the link I posted?
    I am not familiar with lower mainland B.C. but there's a bunch of stores listed for B.C. why not check them out in the link?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Wow, the one behind my house is closing...guess I'll go check out the sales (but closer to the end).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for posting this. I have a feeling the staff are getting a lot of calls about the sales, so I won't have to trouble them!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What about the rentals we currently have out? I was planning on keeping them the extra week as I usually do. I have been getting automated messages from them, but not sure if message is different(dd answered)

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Sorry for saying anything. My adobe thing is not working so I can't view your list but when I went to the blockbuster website the other day the closest open store I saw on the list to Vancouver was Chilliwack. Just thought for quick information purposes I would mention no Lower Mainland stores were left..no big deal.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiegirl View Post
    What about the rentals we currently have out? I was planning on keeping them the extra week as I usually do. I have been getting automated messages from them, but not sure if message is different(dd answered)
    Well they should be open until OCT 1st, so I guess you'll have to then to return them unless the store you are renting from closes early.
    If you keep them an extra week it should be okay but definietly return them as BLOCKBUSTER CANADA HQ will still be operational until DECEMBER 31 2011.
    (In case anyone reading this thinks they'll get away with not returning items)

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Coupon Queen
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Does anyone know how it worked when the last stores closed, IE you rent a game, can you just take it back when everything is 40, 50, or 70% off and buy it? Will they charge you late fees?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2three View Post
    Does anyone know how it worked when the last stores closed, IE you rent a game, can you just take it back when everything is 40, 50, or 70% off and buy it? Will they charge you late fees?
    They will charge you late charges, that's for sure.
    As far as bringing it back when it's at a better discount, some people did this during the last sale and got away with it. I don't know if they'll allow it this time because they'll want to close all accounts before the end of the sale.
    Your store might not make it all the way until the 70% off and they might close it earlier sending the rest of the stock someplace else. At that point you'll be sent to collections.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks. No don't really want to keep them, but I went in Aug 31 to make sure they would take my gift cards and coupons, so I'm still working my way through them.

Not sure what I really want from the sale anyway, cause gift-wise it's a little risky with no returns, so it'd have to be personal use.

Kimbit
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

What time do stores open tomorrow for the sale?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the info. I'll probably check it out tomorrow because I have to do other errands anyway, but I'll go for sure in a week or two when the discounts are higher.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information