User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theweave3162

Thread: Rolling Blackouts This Friday/Saturday night (Garth and Stone Church Area)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you live in the Garth and Stone Church Road areas, check your mailbox for an envelope from Horizon Utilities. There is a museum being moved from Mohawk Road to around Upper Wentworth this Friday and Saturday night. Because of the size of it, there will be brief power interruptions between 8 pm and 8 am. There is a route in the letter and it says it only affects customers actually on Garth and Stone Church Road East and West.

From their website:

orizon Utilities is assisting McCulloch Movers and their client Buttcon, on behalf of the Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board, in moving the Mohawk Trail Museum from 360 Mohawk Road West to Fieldway Drive.
    During this move, the building will travel on an oversized, industrial trailer along a route that includes the Mohawk Road West, Garth Street, Stone Church Road and Upper Wentworth Street areas. In order to protect the safety of the public and workers, there will be planned power outages while the building travels under Horizon Utilities’ overhead wires. Customers in the vicinity of the travel route may have their power affected.

The timing and duration of the power outages will depend on the progress and travelling speed of the over-sized load. Our crews will ensure these are as short as possible, with power being restored in increment sections as the trailer advances. The move will be completed over two nights - Friday, June 20, 2014, and Saturday, June 21, 2014, each night beginning at 8:00 p.m. and finishing at 8:00 a.m.

ROUTE AND POWER OUTAGES:

The map below shows the route that the building will travel.

Click here to view a larger version of the route map.

Friday June 20, 2014:

Rolling power interruptions will occur in the following areas:

• In Section “A” on Mohawk Road West between 360 Mohawk Road West and Garth Street customers on the north side of the road be affected.
    • In Section “B” on Garth Street between Mohawk Road West and Stone Church Road West customers on the east side of the road will be affected.
    • In Section “C” on Stone Church Road West customers on the north side of the road will be affected.
    • In Section “D” customers on Stone Church Road West customers on the south side of the road will be affected.
    • In Section “E” customers on Stone Church Road West customers on the north side of the road will be affected.

Saturday June 21, 2014:

Rolling power interruptions will occur in the following areas:

• In Section “F” customer on Stone Church Rd West customers on the south side of the road will be affected.
    • In Section “G” no power outages are anticipated

We thank our customers for their patience. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Horizon Utilities Customer Services department at 905-522-9200.

Just wanted you to know in case you missed it! Should be a neat thing to watch go by if you are out there! I might as well be, power will be out anyhow!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel likes this.
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If this is happening, then the City has reconstructed the intersection at Fieldway to allow left turns plus traffic signals? About time that the trail school goes to its new home. Hopefully, no more construction on Upper Wentworth.

That nearby pedestrian crossing must have been revamped too.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That I cannot answer Ciel, I have never been up that way before. I think it will be interesting to see how it goes past my place and turns onto Stone Church since there are medians along the middle of both roads. I will go have a look when my power goes out. Nothing else to do! Going out right in the middle of a Jays game. Argh!!!!!
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was at Lime Ridge Mall yesterday afternoon. While waiting for the 26-Upper Wellington bus, I noticed that the construction barrels were at the side of the road. It looks like the pedestrian crossing was moved or redone with the traffic lights.

I just hope the cop cars are not blazing along ahead of the trailer but rather are proceeding or following the trailer at a steady and slow pace with their flashing lights on. The blazing along I saw two weeks ago in Ancaster as the cops were forcing off cars on Garner Rd W ahead of an oversized load tractor-flatbed. Just not the safe and done thing for such situations!

Cogeco was down for about 1.5h-could not watch the game online as feed cut out a few minutes before the Internet looped into IE Cannot Open messages. The TV watcher would not switch from his program to the CBC coverage of World Cup. Missed second half of Honduras vs Ecuador match in World Cup...thank goodness I had an e-book to read!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information