User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: With $30 I bought $60 Sdm prepaid gift cards,

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlina View Post
    Making money on abusing their not perfect system is not good. Poor cashiers
    Well, I don't want to be the coupon police by any means, I just think that we know by now that these offers are not valid on GCs. The offer that is valid on GC's is their one offer around christmas. For ME PERSONALLY, knowing this, I know that when I get ahead a few bucks by something like this that really shouldn't have happened, something usually happens that costs me a few bucks to level the playing field lol. By all means to each their own, but that is my reasoning as to why I wouldn't do it, and that is all I'm concerned with is my own business

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Great brag! Far as I'm concerned u did nothing wrong
    Poor cashiers? It's not coming out their paycheque
    sdm system is pretty tight, if it went through it must be ok
    if it wasn't supposed to happen shame on SDM for not programming code correctly to not go through On gift cards.
    keep bragging momi!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Well, I don't want to be the coupon police by any means, I just think that we know by now that these offers are not valid on GCs. The offer that is valid on GC's is their one offer around christmas. For ME PERSONALLY, knowing this, I know that when I get ahead a few bucks by something like this that really shouldn't have happened, something usually happens that costs me a few bucks to level the playing field lol. By all means to each their own, but that is my reasoning as to why I wouldn't do it, and that is all I'm concerned with is my own business

Have to agree with you and Patty. Knowing that GCs are usually not included in these promos and then taking advantage of the loophole in their systems is not something that would sit well with me.

I PERSONALLY would NOT do this transaction, but to each his own.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    exactly! OP can do whatever she wants. I will avoid reading and commenting this kind of threads and enjoy other with real deals
    ROMEO and shopperwho like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a question about redeeming, and judging by your posts you are definitely the person who is most likely to know the answer best!
    I have a coupon for spend $75 get 18500 points, can the $75 dollars be hit with dollar off coupons, (like $50.00 out of pocket, $25.00 coupons) to hit the minimum amount that has to be spent to get those points? Thanks

PS. It goes without saying you are the SDM Queen
    ROMEO, sam786, momi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

exactly! OP can do whatever she wants. I will avoid reading and commenting this kind of threads and enjoy other with real deals
    Making money on abusing their not perfect system is not good. Poor cashiers
    I did not force them to do it,
    it says electronic gift cards,and says see cashier for details,
    supervisor was involved and also manager said ok.
    there are lots of people those get mad,specially karlina she never liked or comment on my thread but to post negative comment she was super fast.
    i will suggest the moderators to delete the thread because brag is brag.
    no negative comments should be passed.
    if you can not say any thing good plz leave the page
    thank you
    Last edited by momi; Mon, Jun 23rd, 2014 at 01:55 PM.
    ROMEO, Silk, sam786 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfranco View Post
    I had a question about redeeming, and judging by your posts you are definitely the person who is most likely to know the answer best!
    I have a coupon for spend $75 get 18500 points, can the $75 dollars be hit with dollar off coupons, (like $50.00 out of pocket, $25.00 coupons) to hit the minimum amount that has to be spent to get those points? Thanks

PS. It goes without saying you are the SDM Queen
    Yes,
    but it excludes Sdm personalized coupons,and free product coupons and store manager special coupons.
    just manufacturer $$ off coupons are included.
    ROMEO, sam786, Cata and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Sorry to say this but all promos exclude GC's . The only exception is the one time offer around November.

The cashiers never should have put it through and just because it "went through " doesn't mean it should have.
    With points redemption on regular basis you can not buy gift cards
    even if there is mega redemption,
    coupon says see cashier for details,
    I will definitely see cashier for details instead of making my own decision.cashier and supervisor both were involved.
    and please be positive all.
    don't try to unbrag.
    ROMEO, sam786, Cata and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh wao,
    I do own the Sdm really,I can do whatever I want.
    and thank you for not reading my threads.
    ROMEO, sam786, Cata and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

We all know that GC's are excluded from any promo BUT...The manager/supervisor gave it the "OK" so its not the OP's fault. Would I try this, No, but she did and they allowed it..Good for her.
    ROMEO, Silk, sam786 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Even on the coupon it says milk is excluded but the supervisor told me I can buy milk with that coupon,because milk is excluded at some other provinces not in Ontario.
    some other province,you even don't get points for milk,
    ROMEO, sam786, Cata and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    We all know that GC's are excluded from any promo BUT...The manager/supervisor gave it the "OK" so its not the OP's fault. Would I try this, No, but she did and they allowed it..Good for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by terrarankin View Post
    Great brag! Far as I'm concerned u did nothing wrong
    Poor cashiers? It's not coming out their paycheque
    sdm system is pretty tight, if it went through it must be ok
    if it wasn't supposed to happen shame on SDM for not programming code correctly to not go through On gift cards.
    keep bragging momi!
    completely agree,
    don't care about the negative comments.
    your job was to ask the cashier and you did your job.
    when cashier,supervisor and manager is involved,when they said ok,
    it should be ok.
    you post your experience and I do appreciate it,you take time yo post it.
    ROMEO, peachies, momi and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

As in the past, I am blown away by the negative postings on a brag thread. No wonder so many people don't take the time to post brags anymore.

In fact, wasn't there a decree in the past that making negative comments on a brag wouldn't be tolerated? Maybe that only applied to certain posters.....(insert eye roll here)

I appreciate you taking the time to brag, momi, as I'm sure others do as well.

But I would completely understand if you chose not to post brags after this unfortunate incident.
    sam786, momi, Cata and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TINMACK View Post
    As in the past, I am blown away by the negative postings on a brag thread. No wonder so many people don't take the time to post brags anymore.

In fact, wasn't there a decree in the past that making negative comments on a brag wouldn't be tolerated? Maybe that only applied to certain posters.....(insert eye roll here)

But I would completely understand if you chose not to post brags after this unfortunate incident.

I don't think that there was "negative comments" posted in response to her brag. What we did post was more of a "heads up" and questioned the validity of the use of the coupons in question.

If we don't question people who post, how do we learn the intricacies of couponing?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TINMACK View Post

I requested the moderators to delete my post.
    I did post what I had experienced,but some people they become rude if I am abusing or stealing.
    i don't own a Sdm,if my store manager says no we will not accept this coupons then there is nothing I can do.
    again I will say it entirely depends on the store management what they can allow and what they can not.
    many stores do not allow manufacturer coupons and Sdm coupons,but my stores allows it but it doesn't mean that people should be jealous or post negative comments.
    i took my time to post my experiences but sorry to say negative comments discouraged me,specially karlina was very negative.
    ROMEO, TINMACK, sam786 and 2 others like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information