User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree1147Likes

Thread: Time For A Bragging Rules Discussion

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Since one of the biggest complaints is people feel their brags are not good enough bc people do not reply, I do not think that closing brags to comments is a good idea.

People PMing does not really solve the issue anyway as people are still trying to copy the blog. Some of the very negative comments have occurred because people keep seeing misuse after misuse and do not comment but eventually blow up in a thread at something that maybe minor. If these occur behind the scenes it is hard for the mods to help sort it out.

Personally, if I questioned how I got a deal, I don't think I would post about it publicly. The number of posts that start with don't post negative stuff blah blah just makes me cringe because you know someone will say something
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sun, Jun 29th, 2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: bc brogs isnt a word
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I don't often read the brags anymore because I have found they are rarely for good, healthy groceries but are more often for processed, sugary food; high quantities of cleaning supplies, H&B items,etc. In addition, I am sometimes unimpressed with how the couponer skirted the rules.

I have rarely posted questions about brags, but the last time I asked a question about a brag was about a year ago when someone posted they had scored dozens of bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's for $0.00 OOP. I posted, asking "out of curiosity" what she used the barbecue sauce for as I typically only go through 3 or 4 bottles a year. I was immediately told by a few people that it was none of my business and that I should not post if I had nothing nice to say. Honestly, I was just curious....and the OP did eventually reply and say she used it in soup and several other specific recipes. After that fiasco, I haven't bothered asking anything about any brag. It's not worth and drama and I often see even innocent, well-intentioned questions met with defensive, aggressive responses.

Posts that brag about the misuse of coupons, or the bullying of cashiers are what give rise the to the comments I've seen posted elsewhere saying 'SC = Scam Canucks". When highly questionable brags go unchallenged, or worse, are celebrated it hurts the site. Retailers watch sites like SC and, ultimately, all couponers pay the price.
    Yes SC is known as the scamming site on other forums.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCouponCrazy View Post
    I disagree.
    I think the rules should be set by Boo. I feel some people feel the need to police other members far more than they should - and where it's not necessary and is absolutely pointless in them doing so. Some posts that are made are just ' I know better than you' posts and other posts telling people their opinions are wrong. I feel far too much of this goes on now. Of course some people need to be corrected but those are not the posts I am referring to. And, not to mention, some of the people doing this are not always correct themselves. Many people have great ideas that can lead to great policy/rule changes. It could be any member, who has been here for any amount of time. Just my opinion.

Boo is not a frequent coupon user. I think that Boo is quite capable of making a comprehensive list while consulting the MODS and the thread he set up to take suggestions from the members. Rules have been established in the past based on comments and suggestions from many members.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/119487-...e-know-canada/

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

What do you all think of the following:

Welcome to the bragging section

Here you can post pictures of your bargains and let us know what you got, how much you spent and which coupons you used. It's a lot of fun knowing how well others did. We love to see non shopping brags too! Brag about whatever you did, new job, or anything else!

We want to make brags a comfortable and positive experience for all. While we are not the coupon police, blatant misuse of coupons or shelf clearing does upset people. Please consider whether your brag will be seen as legitimate before posting. If you bought 100 of something, you can still talk about the deal in general terms without showing a photo of 100 bottles - you still get to brag and no one feels the need to complain...

Reading brags is also a learning experience for newer members and we ask that anything you post is something you feel comfortable sharing with others and others copying (obviously clearance deals are not available to others but we still want to see them - but follow the general theme of "responsible couponing/saving"). Remember that stores and manufacturers read sites like SC and our actions can impact future coupons and deals.

We have shopping discussion and rants forums if you feel the need to post an unbrag. To be clear an unbrag is when a situation goes wrong - not when someone comments on your post.

Negative comments are not allowed in the brag forum. DO NOT start your thread with comments like "Do not post negative comments" etc as it just makes people want to do so and makes people question the legitimacy of your brag, even if the deal is legitimate. Posting which coupons you used and which stores you price-matched will stop a lot of the questions. While recommended, it is not required but help others out by sharing!

If you feel a brag contains misuse of coupons, do not reply - use the report button and mods will look into it and delete/expire the thread if necessary. Please be patient as mods will have to discuss the thread as we are not always familiar with every deal/coupon and do not want to needlessly remove threads that are legitimate. See below if you do not know how to report a thread.

Users CAN ask which coupon was used or how you got a deal etc *as long as it is done respectfully* - SC is here to help people learn, often these comments have been viewed as negative but some people are just curious. Not everyone knows every single coupon out there. Obviously negative comments will be deleted and hopefully with only more legitimate brags, there will be no need for these types of replies. Try not to be too sensitive to these comments, many people truly do just want to know which coupon is used etc.

People love to know that you read their brag, even if you don't comment, take the time to like or thumbs up the post. People who do not see recognition for their posts (across the whole forum) rarely post again. By taking a second to click like you may get a great deal from a future post they make.

Please do not post any brags about the survey money you get, rewards that you get from search & win websites or for that matter any brag that can get you more referrals. Other members feel it is like advertising your referral link that is already in your signature. Posts like these will be merged with the original survey or search & win posts that are in this forum: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/surveys...opping-canada/
    We all do these surveys & searches and earned many rewards & free money. Imagine a brag section full of these kind of brags lol, but we have a forum dedicated just for that already Please post in those appropriate threads about your haul or start a new thread if it is not there already.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sun, Jun 29th, 2014 at 01:03 PM.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sounds good, where would you post it? Sticky? Also how do you get everyone to read it since many people, guilty here also, do not read all the stickies.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds very reasonable to me. It is nice to be recognized for posting a brag. It will be great to see brags for great deals whether with a coupon or not. And it will also be great to not be upset by posts that seem to be taking advantage of certain programs and coupons and having people get excited about deals that 90% of sc'ers can't take advantage of because their stores won't allow it. I sometimes want to make comments but feel it is better to just leave it alone. I don't want to be anyone's conscience. Hopefully there will be less controversial postings and overall everyone will be happier. It is appropriate to report issues and let mods deal with it when necessary. I find some very valuable deals in the brags forum so i appreciate the time and efforts of those who post.

sorry ,,,this is in response to fallen pixels last post. Happy deal hunting everyone!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It would replace the two current stickies, I can also put an announcement (like we currently have in the trading forum) directing people to it
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Can we all be happy and party now???!!
    Natalka, Patty Smyth, emg and 8 others like this.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Sounds good to me
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

FP, very thorough and explains the logic in a way that people will understand and not think there are mean reasons behind it.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-fallenpixel sounds great -I love to brag about food ,thrift clothing or maybe a new job-love your idea
    -also I would love to keep this bragging forum-loving smart canucks -where would i be without it
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Jun 29th, 2014 at 02:01 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-fallenpixel sounds great -I love to brag about food ,thrift clothing or maybe a new job-love your ideas

-please delete this one I double posted -sorry
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

These rules sounds good to me! I'm glad we can still comments and ask questions.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Patty Smyth and Anna Michele like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

For those who think that stores and manufacturers aren't aware of SC,I have to disagree.There have been numerous instances over the years where deals that are posted are suddenly refused d/t store HQ sending out bulletins saying things to the effect of xyz coupon not to be used for abc item in flyer as per manufacturers instructions.I also know the manager of one local store and several cashiers who read SC.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information