User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree1147Likes

Thread: Time For A Bragging Rules Discussion

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Oh my, I wonder if you'll ever be able to come up with rules to make everyone happy. Definitely for me, I do NOT want to see brags where someone has used a coupon incorrectly....that's just wrong. and sometimes with new couponers this happens inadvertently and we need to correct them but not lambaste them for it. I have posted brags here before and felt as though I was being attacked, which led to a lot less bragging, just more creeping. I like brags where people find deals using coupons, price matching, snap, CO 51, airmiles, PC points, Optimum points etc. I like when people tell me how they got it,what coupons they used..its not that I'm trying to scrutinize their purchase, I just wanna see if I can get that deal too!! I've been couponing a few years and above all my couponing ethics are important to me......and shelf clearing....I can see how that would be frustrating for other shoppers, and that can sometimes lead to negative feelings for couponers. There is a way to get 100 of some product without clearing the shelf. Go to your Customer service desk and pre order it. They would rather you do this than aggrevate other shoppers....just my 2 cents....
    My favorite F word....FREEEEEEE!!
    Wanna start earning free money? fast and easy
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Weasy71

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I was attacked once because I used a coupon good on ~ANY~ Scotts towels.. I purchased scotts shop towels.. Two people went on and on about how bad a couponer I was.. eventually one of them printed the coupon, read it correctly and purchased them herself.. never once did she apologise..

I disagree with people 'raining' on brags.. it makes people stop posting.. I havent read brags lately.. other things have been a higher priority. I don't know what people have been getting up to. The reality is that we are all adults and responsible for "our" actions, not those of others. I don't use certain coupons because of the wording.. I know others who interpret them differently and use them. Sometimes when they explain how they read them I can see where they are coming from.. other times not. To each their own. People need to be intelligent enough to read a coupon and understand what it means.. if they don't understand, they can ask someone or the cashier/csm will sit them straight. If they knowingly misuse a coupon , that is their choice.. its not a reflection on anyone but themselves.

I think its wrong for negative posts in a bragging thread.

HOWEVER.......... if there is perceived abuse of a coupon, report it to a mod, let them review. A mod can privately inbox the person, explain that the usage is incorrect and let them know the thread will be removed. This way no one has to be publicly humiliated for a honest mistake or even deliberate abuse.

If we are going to take a high ground on ABUSE of coupons.. then we have to forbid the trade of P&G coupons on the boards as it states they are not transferrable.. trading of tearpads should be frowned upon as we should take what we need for personal use, not to share .. coupons ordered online are for our use..they don't send them to trade.. inserts.. we are meant to have one..

Things aren't black or white.. there are shades of gray and we all have a personal line we won't cross..

We all lose if the brags stop.. we won't know about deals.. people go off for the oddest reasons.. the brags need to remain positive .. like boo says, if you cant say something nice.. don't say anything..

Contact a mod for what you think is misuse.. let them handle it.. if more mods are needed to make this happen.. ask for help..

Letting the coupon police rain all over brags is a great way to stop the bragging..

Just my rambling 2cents..

As for the new disclaimer you are posting.. the coupon police had no problems jumping all over brags when boo's post was there.. this won't be any different except people will us e it to say they arent' raining..just asking..

I respect the peeps who put the disclaimer as they at least try to post a shop whereas most of us just let the attackers win and don't post at all.. Most of us are innocent btw but made out to be otherwise and don't post again because the peeps who attack remain to attack again. We can be sure "i used this coupon" will be followed up with "my coupon states you can't use it that way" etc etc
    Last edited by MillieH; Mon, Jun 30th, 2014 at 06:13 AM.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Some stores let you preorder.. I have 5 stores where I can phone or email and they will pre-order for me.. but others don't like to pre-order at all so you have to show up and just hope for stock..

Quote Originally Posted by weasy71 View Post
    Oh my, I wonder if you'll ever be able to come up with rules to make everyone happy. Definitely for me, I do NOT want to see brags where someone has used a coupon incorrectly....that's just wrong. and sometimes with new couponers this happens inadvertently and we need to correct them but not lambaste them for it. I have posted brags here before and felt as though I was being attacked, which led to a lot less bragging, just more creeping. I like brags where people find deals using coupons, price matching, snap, CO 51, airmiles, PC points, Optimum points etc. I like when people tell me how they got it,what coupons they used..its not that I'm trying to scrutinize their purchase, I just wanna see if I can get that deal too!! I've been couponing a few years and above all my couponing ethics are important to me......and shelf clearing....I can see how that would be frustrating for other shoppers, and that can sometimes lead to negative feelings for couponers. There is a way to get 100 of some product without clearing the shelf. Go to your Customer service desk and pre order it. They would rather you do this than aggrevate other shoppers....just my 2 cents....
    ROMEO likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I find that with my local stores, the ones that do not allow pre-orders will also tell you to go put it all back on the shelves if you try to shelf clear

(which I saw at SDM a few weeks back)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

We are fortunate here.. our Walmarts have a limit of 6 at all times.. SDM has a limit of 6 on sale items only..
    lol.. I will say though.. if I had cleared a shelf and they wanted it put back , they'd have to do it themselves..
    Last edited by MillieH; Mon, Jun 30th, 2014 at 06:22 AM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

This particular delightful woman dumped her cart on the floor when they said she could only have 6
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    This particular delightful woman dumped her cart on the floor when they said she could only have 6
    Oh my! How lovely

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

We are not responsible for other people's actions. If the bragger has misused a coupon then it is not up to the S'Cers to jump all over that person. The mods should be handling this privately and deleting the post if necessary. So maybe this should be one of the rules: If a coupon is misused in a brag, the OP will be notified privately and given the opportunity to modify/retract their post or the post will be deleted. I don't think anyone would intentionally misuse a coupon and then come here to brag about it.

The forum should be kept positive for bragging to continue. I've learnt a lot from these brags and have gotten a lot of good deals because of other people's posts. I very rarely post brags because I see how quickly the community can turn on a person.

Also a bit off topic, but I don't see shelf clearing as a problem with couponers. I see it as a problem with the stores not having enough of the item in stock. When I go to the store and the shelf is empty I'm mad at the store for not having enough in stock or not having a limit. Shelf clearing will happening regardless of whether there is a good coupon for that item or not. But this is going off topic.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug2011 View Post
    We are not responsible for other people's actions. If the bragger has misused a coupon then it is not up to the S'Cers to jump all over that person. The mods should be handling this privately and deleting the post if necessary.

So maybe this should be one of the rules: If a coupon is misused in a brag, the OP will be notified privately and given the opportunity to modify/retract their post or the post will be deleted. I don't think anyone would intentionally misuse a coupon and then come here to brag about it.

The forum should be kept positive for bragging to continue. I've learnt a lot from these brags and have gotten a lot of good deals because of other people's posts. I very rarely post brags because I see how quickly the community can turn on a person.

Omg i love this as a rule no comment just report it
    And give them acchance to change the post
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug2011 View Post
    We are not responsible for other people's actions. If the bragger has misused a coupon then it is not up to the S'Cers to jump all over that person. The mods should be handling this privately and deleting the post if necessary. So maybe this should be one of the rules: If a coupon is misused in a brag, the OP will be notified privately and given the opportunity to modify/retract their post or the post will be deleted. I don't think anyone would intentionally misuse a coupon and then come here to brag about it.

Also a bit off topic, but I don't see shelf clearing as a problem with couponers. I see it as a problem with the stores not having enough of the item in stock. When I go to the store and the shelf is empty I'm mad at the store for not having enough in stock or not having a limit. Shelf clearing will happening regardless of whether there is a good coupon for that item or not. But this is going off topic.
    Unfortunately that is exactly what sparked this discussion. If a coupon is used contrary to the terms of a rewards program, then very OBJECTIVELY speaking, it is misuse. This is black and white, void of moral judgement.
    weasy71 likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Best thing is to strip them down.. tar and feather and then hang em high in the desert. We could have them walk the plank in areas where there is too much water to have a desert. If its clearly misuse and not what the owner wants on the board.. remove it.. why the drama.. There are probably a few peeps who would enjoy moderating that part of the forum.. they spend lots of time there. Give the mod(s) clear guidelines to remove posts with a note to the person explaining why it was removed.

Bottom line is.. the brag board is not that great anymore.. the aggressive reactions have made people afraid to share. .and now you want to give the aggressive people more leeway in having a go at peeps..

Mods need to moderate the threads.. remove any inappropriate threads and ban people who rain on brags (good or bad) for 24 hours.. how hard can that be

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Personally, I feel momi deserves an apology and an invatation back.
    I think the situation was handled poorly. Hopefully it will lead to changes that will prevent the loss of such great couponers who make many of us look forward to coming here.
    MillieH, Lee23, momi and 1 others like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We can't read every thread, we do edit/delete threads and deal with users who reply negatively - as you can see by the fact some people have not seen the drama on brags - but we need people to report them. Lots are reported but generally only when the drama begins.

New rules are in place, people cannot attack users, but they can ask politely which coupon is used so they can get the deal without a mob of people misunderstanding them too - that makes those people not want to post

Aggressive comments will still be removed, but with some guidelines for posting - hopefully they won't have anything to be aggressive about.

Personally I find it very difficult to give a user an infraction purely because they said "oh my coupon states it isn't valid on that size, which one did you use?" which can be seen as an honest comment from someone wanting the deal or someone being passive aggressive. But when the OP explodes in reply, chances are they know they misused a coupon.

Either way, the rules have been edited, we will see how they work - because what we had was not working - and we can revisit it if needed
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    Personally, I feel momi deserves an apology and an invatation back.
    I think the situation was handled poorly. Hopefully it will lead to changes that will prevent the loss of such great couponers who make many of us look forward to coming here.
    Her thread was dealt with like every other thread that has similar replies and I have asked several times for names to be kept out of this thread.

She is free to come back, but if she chooses to leave because a few people commented on her thread and she isn't willing to give mods for that forum more than 20 minutes to read the report and deal with it, that is her choice.
    Couponlady and I spent ages dealing with it and deleting/expiring every thread she requested on a day when couponlady was trying to get ready to leave on vacation - and momi thanked me for taking care of it.

The fact is, we all know SDM does not mean those coupons to be used on GCs and several questionable brags (not just by momi) lead to people blowing up in that particular thread. Hopefully with brags like that being removed, there will be no need for the replies.
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks, FP and all the mods for the thankless job that you do to keep the forums a fun and informative place to learn about deals.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information