User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Are you making money with the coinstar machine? (BRAG)

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Since last Fri. I've made 78.75 with the Coinstar promo at Metro and Food Basics. Each time you drop 40.00 worth of coins into the machine you basically make 5.25. (You get a 10.00 store voucher but lose 4.75 to do so) I sent DH to the bank twice for coin rolls. My dad and I also had lots of coins left over from a recent yard sale. This promo is on until July 10th so you still have time. I'm NOT DONE YET!!!!! Just to warn you if you do decide to participate. Once when I dropped my coins in I had a few returned to the coin slot in the bottom as they were too old or slightly damaged. When this happened I pressed done before adding extra coins in and therefore did not get my 10.00 voucher.(turned out in my favour though)
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics, Metro
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

That's amazing! Do they still take pennies by any chance? I have a whole bucket accumulated

Also, how do I know if my Metro is participating? I don't see anything mentioning it in the flyer
    avoncallingu, ssbean and ashoo like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Is it just a straight $10 voucher they give you?

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

You need to check to see if your Metro or Food Basics is participating. So when you drop your money (yes pennies are accepted) into the machine you will get a printout which usually says around 36.00. with a coupon printed on the bottom. Present this to any cashier and you will be given your money in bills. The cashier will then rip off the bottom coupon and hand it back to you. A few days ago I bought 2 Tostitoes with my voucher and gained 15 airmiles as well.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Busy Momma View Post
    Is it just a straight $10 voucher they give you?
    This voucher has to be used at any participating Metro or FB by July 10th.

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    You need to check to see if your Metro or Food Basics is participating. So when you drop your money (yes pennies are accepted) into the machine you will get a printout which usually says around 36.00. with a coupon printed on the bottom. Present this to any cashier and you will be given your money in bills. The cashier will then rip off the bottom coupon and hand it back to you. A few days ago I bought 2 Tostitoes with my voucher and gained 15 airmiles as well.
    Thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I had no idea about this. That's an amazing opportunity to save money. If you know you are going to Metro, stop at the bank first and buy rolls of quarters. Drop them in the machine and make money

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is the link to the promo:

http://www.coinstar.ca/Default.aspx?TabId=333
    ssbean, ashoo and Linda Evans like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome! What percentage does coinstar charge now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ssbean and ashoo like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Wow. It's amazing.

I just looked up the promo on CoinStar's website but can't find list of participating stores and since I've never ever used a coin machine before, I'm interested in knowing if you get your money back as bills or on a card like debit/credit?

So the vouchers could only be used on stuff bought from Metro/Food Basics or you get $10 in cash?

Sorry if I sound confusing but like I said I've never used these machines before so my knowledge is very limited. I usually just roll the coins and take them to the bank.
    ssbean likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mollyh View Post
    Awesome! What percentage does coinstar charge now?

11.9 cents per dollar according to their website.
    ssbean likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashoo View Post
    Wow. It's amazing.

I just looked up the promo on CoinStar's website but can't find list of participating stores and since I've never ever used a coin machine before, I'm interested in knowing if you get your money back as bills or on a card like debit/credit?

So the vouchers could only be used on stuff bought from Metro/Food Basics or you get $10 in cash?

Sorry if I sound confusing but like I said I've never used these machines before so my knowledge is very limited. I usually just roll the coins and take them to the bank.
    You get a receipt from the machine and take t to a register. They give you cash.
    The metro/fb voucher is a coupon.

I wonder if the $10 coupon cold be used to buy a gift card? That way I don't have to worry about it expiring.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mollyh View Post
    You get a receipt from the machine and take t to a register. They give you cash.
    The metro/fb voucher is a coupon.

I wonder if the $10 coupon cold be used to buy a gift card? That way I don't have to worry about it expiring.

Thank you. And no you can't use it towards GC's "Bonus Coupon redemption excludes the purchases of pharmacy prescriptions, cigarettes, tobacco products, gift cards, money orders/transfer, postage stamps, tokens, transit passes, lottery tickets."
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I saw this in the flyer. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't have enough coins in his jar for us to take advantage of this offer right now.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Great deal!
    ssbean likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information