User Tag List

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3253Likes

Thread: Jumping July Savings (frugal chatter thread) 2014

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

OMG-she found the retainer!! Made my day and saved me $440 so cancelled the apt for tomorrow! She found it on her bedroom carpet which is dark brown and how we all missed it, in and out of there and searching the bedroom and bathroom I will never know-somehow she spotted it when I sent her to put her laundry basket upstairs. So my not so frugal looking week is suddenly looking better!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Go on a $400 shopping spree lol. Glad she found it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went for a little bike ride. So hot out there. I'm not complaining. Now chilling in the cool house. Planning on going to the fireworks tonight.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

LMAO at FBM. somehow don't think they wanted to spend that money.. but the advice was funny.

well after an hour nap i feel better. still hours to go to do stuff. do i wanna.? lol
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Lizzie glad you found it and like you said you had better ways to spend it so....

@ Mrs. you have been busy today, I bet your stairs look fabulous

@ FBM enjoy your evening out with the guys watching the fireworks
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Made ribs in the crockpot tossed in 1 jar of honey garlic sauce & General Taos and they were so yummy.

DH is gone to pickup Jaden's friend who will be over until about 9pm, he can't stay over hey I'm not complaining his friend is pretty fast geared too (lol).

DH, I and Jaden all have appointments tomorrow with our replacement doctor, more concerned with getting her to write a letter correcting the choice on the questionnaire that was filled out by the other doctor indicated that Jaden's ADHD & learning disability were during periods of stress and exuberation anyways fingers crossed she agrees to do this. This selection on the questionnaire led to him being denied hist DTC and CTB, wish us luck

Wishing everyone a wonderful & safe evening.

I will be MIA for a few days as of tomorrow so no worries.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Jul 1st, 2014 at 06:09 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-good idea to use the crockpot on a hot day!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Made ribs in the crockpot tossed in 1 jar of honey garlic sauce & General Taos and they were so yummy.

DH is gone to pickup Jaden's friend who will be over until about 9pm, he can't stay over hey I'm not complaining his friend is pretty fast geared too (lol).

DH, I and Jaden all have appointments tomorrow with our replacement doctor, more concerned with getting her to write a letter correcting the choice on the questionnaire that was filled out by the other doctor indicated that Jaden's ADHD & learning disability were during periods of stress and exuberation anyways fingers crossed she agrees to do this. This selection on the questionnaire led to him being denied hist DTC and CTB, wish us luck

Wishing everyone a wonderful & safe evening.

I will be MIA for a few days as of tomorrow so no worries.
    I`ll keep my fingers crossed. Good luck!!!

@ Lizzie So glad the retainer was found. I could think of so many things I would rather spend that money on.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Name:  canada-day-quotes-2014-happy-canada-day-sayings-2.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  20.4 KB

Stopping by to wish everyone a happy Canada Day.
    It's been a very busy time for me.
    Hoping to be on more soon.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Happy Canada Day!
    We took LO to his first parade this morning. We let him eat a couple of the suckers. Then we hung out with dh's co-workers and their families.

I am being interviewed by a mom tomorrow evening. She has a 2yr old daughter who requires care while their regular babysitter is on holidays during the summer. So I'm back to finishing up my deep cleaning of the house. I washed down the toddler bed (LO is still in his crib), cleared out the spare bedroom, and scrubbed the front of the cabinets on the kitchen. I had dh move more things out to the shed. We washed out the filter on the vacuum cleaner yesterday, but it isn't dry yet. I set the filter out on the deck in the sun so that it should be dry sooner. When it is dry then I will be able to vacuum the bedroom and wash the carpet. The carpet in the spare bedroom doesn't match the rest of the house, it is blue and much thicker, so I am sure that it will take longer to dry. That's why I have to make sure that it is washed this evening, that way I can ensure that it will be dry by the time the mom comes to visit tomorrow after supper. Dh is currently outside mowing the lawn. The rain stopped late yesterday and it has dried up today. Windy and a high of 19 today.

As I have already explained before, I have to pay for LO's daycare whether he attends or not (this includes the summer time when I, as a teacher, do not have a paying job). I plan on taking LO to daycare tomorrow so that I can get in a good day of work around here. I need to wash the kitchen floor, wash the floor at the front entrance, tidy the front closet, finish washing down the cupboards, organize the shelves at our back door (dh needs to do some of this), do some more laundry, vacuum the house again, put toddler bed back in spare room, organize stuff on shelf in spare room (currently empty room), and need to weed the garden (there are more weeds than vegetables visible right now).

I might also get around to cleaning the inside of the microwave, emptying and washing out the inside of the fridge, etc. I will clean our bedroom another day.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Happy Canada Day everyone! It's been an interesting day here. My 16 year old son desperately wants a job but is having a hard time finding work, other than mowing the odd lawn and looking after neighbour's plants while they are on holidays. So, until he finds a job, we decided he and I would go blueberry picking - today was the first day in this incredible heat. The owner was so gracious to give us a mostly shaded area while she herself worked in the blazing sun. They pay .70 per pound (another place we checked paid .50 per pound) and we picked 49 pounds today in 5 hours. Anyway, not a bunch of money but I told my son that if he picked well that he would be getting at least 2/3's of the money because he is saving hard for university costs. He had a great attitude and it was a pleasure to really spend time with him. Hopefully this continues....but he is really hoping for a 'real' job lol. We'll be going tomorrow again to see if we can beat todays amount...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Off to make ds's bed with fresh sheets. Then packing backpack for fireworks. Blanket and drinks/snacks.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Happy Canada Day everyone! It's been an interesting day here. My 16 year old son desperately wants a job but is having a hard time finding work, other than mowing the odd lawn and looking after neighbour's plants while they are on holidays. So, until he finds a job, we decided he and I would go blueberry picking - today was the first day in this incredible heat. The owner was so gracious to give us a mostly shaded area while she herself worked in the blazing sun. They pay .70 per pound (another place we checked paid .50 per pound) and we picked 49 pounds today in 5 hours. Anyway, not a bunch of money but I told my son that if he picked well that he would be getting at least 2/3's of the money because he is saving hard for university costs. He had a great attitude and it was a pleasure to really spend time with him. Hopefully this continues....but he is really hoping for a 'real' job lol. We'll be going tomorrow again to see if we can beat todays amount...
    Well I think you guys are off to a great start considering this extreme heat wave in Ontario anyways. Hope you both beat your records as the days pass and hope that your ds gets a call for as he says a real job (lol) but in the meantime it's great quality time & money that he otherwise wouldn't have and I think you both have a great attitude by the way.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well change of plans ds1's friend is spending the night....they are full of excitement and wild like firecrackers (lol) they are so loud and gear to high speed, anyways his parents will be by tomorrow 1030am to pick him up so that we can do a few things before our doctor appointments and our MIA for a few days.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just finished vacuuming and washing the carpet in the spare bedroom. This is the room that we have had 9 different people stay in over the years while we tried to help them get on their feet. The last person stayed with us for 8months, he moved out 1 month before ds was born. He really didn't take care of the room and even after doing numerous tanks of cleaning solution there are some stains that simply won't come out. One stain I know is from him spilling an entire Tim's coffee and neglecting to clean it up. *sigh* This person was previously dh's friend, but that is a whole other story. After spending time in the room it is now obvious that I will need to wash the walls and door in that room tomorrow. *sigh* I am already sore from the work that I have accomplished over the last 4ish hours.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information