User Tag List

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree3253Likes

Thread: Jumping July Savings (frugal chatter thread) 2014

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lizzie you are a wonderfull daughter to your mom
    -sold my daughter's panini maker 11.00(so 11.00 going to daughter)
    -bought some nice makeup items at shoppers saved with a 20.00 cpn they sent me today-when you spend 75 or more save 20.00
    -hubby bought a tool today and when he looked yesterday day it was 20.00 cheaper-(he told them and they said price went up(so he got it 20.00 cheaper)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i "splurged" last night and bought a rotisserie chicken for supper. However after price checking chicken breast available here in town.

However I have decided it really wasn't a splurge. a single chicken breast is 7.58 at northmart, the rotisserie chicken was 9.99.

Reasoning being - I would have get 1 meal for just myself with the one chicken breast (i had chicken and a ceasar salad for supper) with the whole chicken We're also having supper with it tonight and then i'll be making soup broth out of the bones tonight. So thats atleast 3 suppers and then probably a lunch from the 9.99 chicken. vs 1 meal for the breast.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    i "splurged" last night and bought a rotisserie chicken for supper. However after price checking chicken breast available here in town.

However I have decided it really wasn't a splurge. a single chicken breast is 7.58 at northmart, the rotisserie chicken was 9.99.

Reasoning being - I would have get 1 meal for just myself with the one chicken breast (i had chicken and a ceasar salad for supper) with the whole chicken We're also having supper with it tonight and then i'll be making soup broth out of the bones tonight. So thats atleast 3 suppers and then probably a lunch from the 9.99 chicken. vs 1 meal for the breast.
    Smart! And you didn't have to cook it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just finished cleaning spare room upstairs. Even went through dresser drawers. Ds is cleaning the basement. He's going through a bookshelf and putting DVDs and games in cases. He just gave me 10 WII games to sell. And he told me he's selling his drum set. Yeah. It's so darn big and takes up space. And loud. Very loud.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Now to figure out dinner. Think we are getting pizza. I never get it but it's hot and I have a craving. I offered to take them out but he wants to clean lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post

You can submit the receipt on the CartSmart app to get $1 back on rotisserie chicken.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dominos buy 1 get one free deal is dinner. And we all like it. Ordered online quick bite to eat then keep getting stuff done. Put laundry in washer and will hang to dry

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy.
    I feel at loose ends...still can`t crochet. The swelling in my hand and fingers is finally gone but it looks like the wrist will be swollen for a while.
    This afternoon I got another eye injection. Two more to go...it usually stabilizes after 3 so I should be able to get my new glasses in Oct. Haven`t changed them for 6 years so my eyes are telling me it`s time.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We had fish (tilapia unbreaded) and tater tots for dinner. We've been trying to snack on veggies during the day and have a good serving at lunch. Anyway, not having to have them with dinner all the time seems to help with our meal prep.

Cleaned another lighting fixture and window in the new house. My cloths are black...I was blinded by potential when I viewed this house. Oh and fly poop...ew!!!

Cleaner is coming in again next week. Grandpa paid for $100, auntie for $50 and sister $50. I am forking over the next $50 bc it has been soooooo worth it.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi everyone - you are all so busy as usual!

Just wanted to leave a warning about a fruit recall

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/388120-...steria-canada/

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So that was pretty much my day with 35 degre and humidex...
    Got my flyers but again no WM one or Phamiliprix(SDM)...and they announced in paid newspapers pg coupons booklet...I never receive it with my Publisac....I Wonder if they are just on paid newspapers now.I hope not.

But best freebie ever is when you are not feeling well and you see familly and cousines really care about you and wrothe happy messages to you,no coupons Worth that...it is so priceless..I am so Lucky to have them in my life!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just had made now my supper even it is late..I was not hungry before with the heat.Made some chicken tournedos(on sale for 9 at 5,99$) at maxi ..will buy more tomorrow. And a nice romain salad with cucumbers dices,cherry tomatoes and feta.And put my riped bananas in the freezer for a later recepie.
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jul 23rd, 2014 at 01:26 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day everyone! Left the house with a clean kitchen (I told the teenagers last night that I left the kitchen clean and that's how I want to find it in the morning. they were up eating pizza and put all dishes in dishwasher, yeah!) Hung 2 loads of laundry to dry last night and pulled the racks in house just before the huge storm came in so they are drying in the dining room Have blankets in washer and will hang to dry when I get home tonight. Hope to tackle my bedroom tonight.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am up in North Bay, was up at 4 am this morning to leave, nice 3 hour drive to start my morning. Needless to say not a lot got done last night between the heat and the fact I needed to be in bed early so I could get up this morning. Not a lot will get done tonight either it will pretty much be home dinner and bed so I can return to my normal location tomorrow. I had thought about going in late tomorrow (and by late I mean my technical start time 8 am) but now I have an equipment pick at 7:30 am so might as well just go in at 6:30 like normal not to mention no idea how far behind I will be yet when I return. One huge downside to going to another location for a day, you are still working yet you still fall behind.

I also have to work this weekend so I am not sure if I want to grocery shop or not. Thinking I might take a look at what we have on hand and see if it will possible to make it through next week without shopping or with just grabbing a few locally. Luckily we have a No Frills so if need be I can do a little price matching. Or maybe I will see if I can talk mom into doing the shopping if I find there are few things we need. I just get the feeling that come Saturday afternoon grocery shopping will be the last thing I want to do.

Time to try and see what I can done without having access to my computer with my files. Hope everyone has a great day, it is nice and cool here which is wonderful since I am in the warehouse with no A/C but there is a nice breeze blowing in right now.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes, nice and cool here too. I turned off the AC at home this morning. I'm in the same boat Ashley, when I'm off on vacation from work its all waiting for me when I get back. C'est la vie

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information