User Tag List

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree3253Likes

Thread: Jumping July Savings (frugal chatter thread) 2014

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Mrs. S what a beautiful masterpiece created with love
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Nat your son is very handy and sweet you are truly blessed

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning All,

I am in better sprits thank god.

Garage called this am to say the warranty (30 days) will cover the replacement & labour of the transmission that they installed 3 weeks ago which is no good, so I am a little relieved. So we will be without a vehicle our only vehicle for an unknown amount of time. But we are lucky that if we need we can borrow 1 of the inlaws vehicles, I'm so dying to get out of the house.

The kids are outside getting some fresh air (eating popcycles) doing some chores for dh.

1st load is in the washer and then I will get in tidy up mood, if that's possible.

Coupon girl have a wonderful trip in London, ON.

Wishing everyone a fabulous day & a wonderful weekend.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks nancy i will
    -all packed and ready to go in a hour -put together 2 small bags of stockpile stuff-deodorant ,body wash,socks (I got on sale)tea towel,face cloth lotion etc for my sister -in-law and brother plus a 30.00 giftcard at beer store for him -figured they are putting me up for 3 days
    everyone have a great weekend

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

J&C that's great news!

Enjoy your trip, coupon girl!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @ saundyl good luck with your new job and the extra cash. Holy moly I couldn't imagine 1 of my guys staying with a friend for a month it would become total chaos (lol) but enjoy the quiet time.
    I'm going to miss them. The quiet will be nice and TBH the releif of not having to run home at noon make a meal go back to work and then run home at 5 again to make another meal will be nice. I cheated 3 days in a row the first few days of the month and did "instant" meals like frozen pizza and stuff and they commented rather disappointedly it was like eating at moms. Havent cheated since because i know they appreciate "real" food.

I'm enjoying the new job/temp job its neat and the extra $$ is going to be nice. Apparently if we get the 20 surveys done before the 1st week of Aug there's possibly a bonus in it for us. 3 are done so far. 1 booked for next thursday.

I'm so discouraged/disgusted, mil called this am at 10am the guys were stranded up near the cottage the truck broke again problems with the transmission, dh told me to bring 4l of transmission oil, 3 hours later we arrived, dh poured 1L in and it's started pissing out in 2 areas....sigh....left the truck behind in someone's laneway with permission and drove 2 hours home. DH & FIL will be heading back up tonight to tow it home on my father's towing dolley, we have used up all of our CAA tow's this year (we only used 1) so not sure what the heck is going on but will see if there is another option to choose for membership. Anyways dh is thinking that we may need to buy a newer truck and sell his (so sick to my stomach) time will tell.
    I need to renew my CAA this month. I renewed my Drivers license - but its due in Aug. My car registration ($75) is due by the end of sept. I used CAA once this year when I had my car running...it stalled and drained the battery. Key in it...remotes dont work when the battery is dead.

Grocery shopping in High Level tomorrow. I've found about $20 in coupons to use for the day...also have a 25 dollar visa gift card and $60 dollars in pc points. However our shop is going to be at least 400 dollars im sure as it was 350 last year. Hoping they have a few "compatible" coupons posted at the door i can snag as well and that some of what we buy is on checkout 51/snapsaves to get $$ back in the end as well. I still have never made it to the $20 on either of those yet. (very sad really)

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i totally forgot about your coming here Coupongirl. dang it. so freakin busy here.
    dh is working on sons bed. i have to finish painting it.
    ds needs to finish a few spots he missed.
    im currently working on my other sons room while he's in school. once we start transferring stuff i can move things out and get his ready to paint.
    its so nice out the windows are open and the sun is shining love it.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

If a close family member (parent) knew you were having a hard time with $ and they keep offering you $ with no strings attached (free) would you accept their hand up (not hand out)

AND secondlyo

If they are offered you the $ as a loan with only the condition that you pay it back in bits and pieces when you could, would you?

1) accept the free $

2) accept the free loan and repay whenever, however you could.

My mom keeps offering both cases at different times and how I see it is if she really wanted to give me the $ she would just transfer the funds or send me a cheque, thoughts???? Instead of asking because she knows if she asks I won't accept, ????
    I've accepted help from both my mom and my grandmother. I'm in the process of repaying my mom back (by the end of the summer its less than $1000 owing.) My grandma lent me money for education and I've tried to pay it back but she refuses says she is comfortable and she doesnt need it that a bunch of the others that went to school have the same owing and its not an issue. I'll still keep that debt in my mind though as i want to repay it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What's for dinner tonight? We are having brick chicken on the BBQ. Whole chickens are on for $1.98 at RCSS so I grabbed 2. Will have broccoli, salad and baby potatoes with it. And I'm thinking a glass or 2 of wine

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

dirty potatoes, bbqd chicken, stir fry peppers/zuchinni.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

did everyone run away when i mentioned the word 'dirty' LOL.. all i meant was taters with the skin still on..

anyway. we are finally done my sons room. it took 5 hours on and off, he's now going through 3 large baskets of clothes. will see what fits and what goes. he's quite happy.
    taking a break for supper then starting the other room. i'll be glad when its done. should be finished by Sunday.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi All,

I invited myself to Costco with inlaws (lol) I don't have a membership and they were going. I had a set price in my head and with really thinking about what I was putting in my cart how long/far I could stretch those items they made their way into my cart. So I'm glad I went and well we're stocked on those items that you can only find at Costco in those sizes . I looked at the nuts for baking but with this heat and baking on hold I will get them another time when I have a little more $ to splurge and of course when the weather is cooler for baking.

Glad to hear that it will be in the lower 20's next week as it's been pretty hot here this past 2 weeks better than snow but hey we got to complain right .

Picked up a cooked chicken from Costco for $7.99 definitely not worth warming up the oven/house for that price + the cost of buying a chicken these days and they really are quite big in comparison to the ones at Independent grocers which are $10.99
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Jul 11th, 2014 at 05:54 PM.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I Love Costco chicken. every freakin time we go i have to fight the urge to get one.
    I swear if we won the lottery i'd buy everything i wanted.

well after soaking my sons duvet in the tub for 5 hours and trying to get it clean. i dont wanna chance it won't fit in my washing machine. so i did it in my tub. i put it in the dryer. will see how it turns out. anything is better than what it was.
    im really hoping i score a deal at a huge charity sale im going to tomorrow and find him a new one as well.
    cheap always works for me.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Aw Nancy, sometimes it just doesn`t quit.

We got our final heating oil bill yesterday. Over $700 in addition to the 10 payments we already made. Of course they want it NOW.

Yikes! It's too bad that they can't give you a " heads up" somewhere in the middle of the year so you can adjust.

I am so sorry that you are facing this!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I'm so discouraged/disgusted, mil called this am at 10am the guys were stranded up near the cottage the truck broke again problems with the transmission, dh told me to bring 4l of transmission oil, 3 hours later we arrived, dh poured 1L in and it's started pissing out in 2 areas....sigh....left the truck behind in someone's laneway with permission and drove 2 hours home. DH & FIL will be heading back up tonight to tow it home on my father's towing dolley, we have used up all of our CAA tow's this year (we only used 1) so not sure what the heck is going on but will see if there is another option to choose for membership. Anyways dh is thinking that we may need to buy a newer truck and sell his (so sick to my stomach) time will tell.
    Oh, J&C! I am so sorry to hear about this situation. It's very stressful and you don't need that.
    Hugs to you!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information