User Tag List

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree3253Likes

Thread: Jumping July Savings (frugal chatter thread) 2014

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Well, my son and I continue getting our workout....picked 71 pounds of blueberries in five hours. We started 7 am - so nice to be out before the heat and be able to quit earlier. I'm having trouble with pain in my middle right side of my back - muscle pain for sure. Anyone here have ideas as to what I should look for in the pharmacy? I've tried advil with tylenol and it hardly touches the pain. I need something for sure - I love blueberry picking and don't want to quit because I'm also inspiration for my son lol....he is such a trooper - picks nearly as fast as me now
    I suggest that you try a back brace when you do something strenuous. Also I use Voltarin topically. Have you tried "Robaxacet" which deals with pain and muscle strains? Or something generic along those lines.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

[QUOTE=Giseledta;6004816]afternoon all. after much drama on my part ( I tend to over thnk every single purchase) I ordered the cast iron cookwear I wanted.
    I used my swagbucks, so the entire purchase was free score.

I just saw a program on how great cast iron is for cooking. Congratulations! And FREE! Wow!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well after cleaning my kitchen, front hall, bathroom, washing a duvet, and putting my sons room back together.
    i'm wiped going to take some advil and hit the sheets.
    tomorrow im heading for bargains, start my sons room. plus hope to get some banana muffins/bread done as apparently a few ppl are missing it. lol
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    So dh saved the day and brought home a cake. D's was happy.
    Anyway thought I'd share what I've been working on for a few weeks, for my parents. So glad its done.
    Attachment 247163
    It's gorgeous! I am sure your parents will love it! And appreciate all your efforts and thoughtfulness!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It has been the week from .... After evacuating Mum because of the norwalk virus I took her out for eye apt and then lunch on Tues. We deciided to go out for lunch and she fell when sliding out of the booth and fell on her hip which broke. Had to call EMS and spend the day in the ER with her-admitted and to the OR Wed a.m. The course has been a bit rocky the last couple of days and I have spent all my waking hours there. Fianlly she is now up on a walker to the bathroom with a bit of help and getting a bit of an appetitie so I am up late cooking a few things she might like better than hospital food. We were to leave for the family reunion so i told DD and DH to head out for 3 weeks without me-if Mum and I can fly out later we will, but not too likely. I am the only daughter in town right now but we do have some cousins who can relieve me. Our house exchangers were to arrive today but they are delayed until Wed-that is likely around when my Mum will be discharged and I will move into her house and take care of her there while we both miss the family reunion-oh well. She has had a hip replacement on the other side and it went very well and she was home in 4 days. This time she was on the waitlist for the other hip but they could not repair it as the break at the top of the femur has to heal first-what a bite. Anyway I have been taking one hr and then one day at a time and soon will take my family to the airport and head up to the hospital early-the care is okay but the staff keep contradicting each other. My mother also has a ton of allergies to anitbiotics and pain meds so managing her meds is tricky-she also needed a blood transfusion and may yet need more. Anyway day by day we keep plodding along and she is now able to go 40 feet on a walker which is pretty good for day 2 post op at 82. Fortunately neither of us lost much changing our tickets-mine was on pts so no charge and I can fly the same route free again for the next year, Mum had a $75 dollar change fee and the rest was credited for use in the next year so not too bad. If another sib arrives back in town to care for her I might join my family for the last 10 days of our vacation but who really knows. Anyway it is what it is and she is my first priority. Might br MIA for a while. None of us got Norwalk but I think that might have been better than a broken hip.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Jul 12th, 2014 at 03:09 AM.
    ROMEO, Crochetlady and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, lizzie, that's too bad. Hope your mom heals up quickly!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday! Hope everyone has a great day!

Nothing serious planned here. Just glad it won't be hot.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So sorry to hear about your mom`s broken hip. Hope she heals quickly and that you get to go on vacation at least for a while.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

oh Lizzie what poopy luck, hope your mum heals quickly and you get some much needed R&R when possible. Great news about the credits etc on the tickets
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well I am inspired to make a amish knot rag rug aka toothbrush rug out of old bed sheets, has anyone ever made one. I want to try the no sew type as don't want to be bothered to sew by hand or with sewing machine. I'm so not crafty, I can't even follow written instructions, even watching a video doesn't help, dh has agreed to show me (lol) he will follow the instructions so I can copy cat (haha) anyways I figured I need something to do to change my mood these days and who knows I might enjoy it and might even be good at it (a girl can dream).

Here's a link to a picture - have you made one?

http://wildberryranch.blogspot.ca/20...revisited.html
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Each day is a little better!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Lizzie-- so sorry to hear of your moms fall. however 40 feet with the help of a walker. wow. my dad couldn't do 4 feet. she's doing well.
    you'll never regret this time with her.

Nancy.. my word that pic looks complicated. funny a lady was selling a rug project like that this morning for ten bucks. you crochet it together. no thanks.
    however i'd like to try it on a smaller scale first. then make one each for my sons rooms. for christmas. at least something for them. just need to finish one room. stuck on a color theme.. he's into retro. he already has a huge brown/orangey pillow. his wall will be brown and everything is white and black. i'll keep checking the thrift stores. and garage sales of course too.

anyway. had a nap and blew my afternoon away. still need to get to the store. *sigh* dh is gone with kids for a bit. will see if he wants to go with me. hmm maybe i better go on my own LOL
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Lizzie hoping your mom has a quick and speedy recovery.

Nancy good luck on the rug, I have seen them before but never made one.

Went shopping today, Mom had to work so I dropped her off and went and did our shopping. I wanted to go and check out Costco for prices on items that do not seem to be going on sale, some items were better than others but at the end of the day I am happy with my purchases. I need to add up what we spent and see how we came in budget wise, pretty sure we are good, still sticking with mostly buying produce and perishable goods with a few stock up items thrown in.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

J&C, I've never made those, but when I first went out on my own, I really enjoyed having some in my first place. They were made by patients at the mental hospital where I worked, and were just lovely.

Wasn't able to do much today - sore back (not awfully serious if I'm careful) and a hurty arm muscle - amazing how much one cannot do, sheesh!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hope your back and arm get better soon Natalka.

Nancy that`s a beautiful rug. I looked at the instructions and my eyes glazed over. Crocheting one would be way easier for me.

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information