User Tag List

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree3253Likes

Thread: Jumping July Savings (frugal chatter thread) 2014

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday! So almost TGIF!! Thank gosh. We have soccer tonight and its a sunny day, yeah!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

He is a Seal point Himalayan and is my sweetie. We adopted him at 7 years from my hairdresser who started breeding dogs. We adopted him bc he has the best personality we have ever seen in a cat. So friendly. We keep him groomed because we have young kids and that way we don't have to worry about brushing or vacuuming (as much). He is 14 now. We have said no pets after him, but he has been a steady joy for me and snuggles on my lap every night after kids are in bed.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i went to Michael's this morning to return some stones and get a new glue gun.. Y do I always get 'stuck' in the clearance sections.
    however, my word right time time right place, all spring stuff was 80% off.
    I got everything i need for my idea of my memorial for next year. I wanted it in purple. did i score.
    plus i got my glue gun for 25% off.
    then i went to get the bus home and was .5 short.. i had only one bus ticket to get there. so i ended up walking 2 blocks out of my way and back to get more at a gas station. the first one was sold out. i was ticked.
    so tired now. waiting for second wind to do sons room. at this point i dont care how it looks . just want it done.

i did get some awesome tips though from Michael's on how to decorate my parents anniversary cake/cupcakes.. seriously i youtube large cupcakes.
    (i have the rubber mould i got from GT a few years back $5) finally going to use it.
    anyway a youtuber took a bag of the wilton melts, melted them then 'rolled' the candy all over the inside of the bottom of the cupcake mould. then froze it. then she took it out. it was an instant 'cup cake liner' i was like WOW. so cool.
    then the lady at micheal's told me rather than spending $10 on sugar to decorate the cake she said just take some sugar you put in your coffee. it will 'sparkle' on the cake like diamonds. she was awesome. $0 oop
    except for the clearance area. LOL
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Busy bunch here (lol), I was productive today for a change....made a large pot of chicken noodle & rice soup, 24 pecan pie muffins, 24 blueberry muffins, 1 batch of tailgater choc. chip cookies approx. 2.5 dozen cookies, 1 batch of choc. chip cake cookies approx. 3 dozen cookies, made hot Italian sausages for supper and now I'm pooped, going to sit by the firepit tonight with a nice spiked beverages.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

nice bunch of kitties on here ladies
    avoncallingu and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ avon nice finds at the nurseries and score of the free/discarded flowers, nice that you are gardening

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Mrs. S. you always find such great deals on your crafty stuff (lol) patience pays off

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks Nancy. and wow you did well today too.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    So happy it is Friday it has been a very tiring week, but the good news is once my anxiety started to go down I started to get more done at home. Wednesday after work I made healthy Blueberry Jam using Chia Seeds (I have not tried it yet but it smelled wonderful). Also froze the rest of the blueberries as they were starting to go bad. Chopped up the rest of the fruit, hopefully Mom will eat some. Also dug out a new bag of flour for mom (she cannot carry the 10 lb bag up the stairs with her hip, knee and ankle all are messed up on the same side), she seems to be getting on board with healthy eating, always easier if everyone in the house is on the same page. I also dug out one of the pail of Cherries from the freezer (Yippee more freezer room for me) which Mom will turn into Jam.

Last night I did not get as much done as Mom realized yesterday she had me take the Cherries out but she does not have any pectin (sp??) so last night after work we went to Wal-Mart to get some. I figured well we were there I would run into Dollarama and get more Mason Jars, now that I am making so much of our food (cereal, dried fruits and veggies) these are perfect for storing them, plus I put some of the baking ingredients I use regularly in them. I am trying my best to get organized but since I do not get a lot of storage room in our Kitchen (Mom has it set up for her baking needs which is mostly cakes which is her business so I get it) I have to get creative. Also ran into Shoppers to get more eggs, now that Mom is on board with the healthy eating and since she eats eggs (I do not it is not often and I only eat Hard Boiled) we went through a lot of them this week, but I am not complaining as she now has a ton of health grab and go foods so there are no excuses.

Mom is working tomorrow so I am supposed to go do our shopping well she is at work but I am torn on what I am going to do. Part of me would love to stay home try to get a few things done and rest and relax as next week is going to be a long week but at the same time there are a few groceries we need to pick up this week (Milk, more Kale Salad - Only Salad Mom can eat others do not sit well with her). Will have to take a good look at the flyers tonight and see what I should do. Thinking I should go shopping as a lot of baking supplies are on sale that I can stock up and use my coupons that expire next month. We will see since pretty sure if I do not go Saturday we will not shop next week.

Next week I get to go to North Bay for the day to work their front counter so Wednesday I will be getting up at 4 am so I can meet our Sales Manager at 5:30 am to make our way up to North Bay. Not going to lie I am a little nervous about this trip. I can work front counter I do it on Saturdays at my regular location and have worked it numerous times last year at another location to help out when they were short staffed but I always work with a shipper or warehouse staff. But our North Bay location does not have a warehouse person right now so I will be working alone well the Branch Manager and Sales Manager are doing interviews. Hoping it will not be an issue but we will see as there are a number of our products I cannot lift. I spoke with out controller and he said if I cannot lift to not try as he does not want me coming back injured which is good but still makes me nervous. I do not like to be in situations where I know I am not in control and I am not going to be in control here, the counter part of it I am good with I can handle but loading the customer will be my downfall. Hopefully maybe just maybe it will be a slow day and I will not have to worry and customers will only want products I can lift.

Well I better get back to work, hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well packing to have a weekend with my grown kids ,hubby and "ashlyn" we leave at 1.00 p.m for up north cant wait -I am sure enjoying this summer
    -my mouth is better antibotics are kicking in plus oragel helps -I bought the quality one for 4.99-saved a buck

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Ashley thanks for the reminder about the baking coupons. i had a ton and was going to donate them. going to stock up on flour/carnation milk(use it for making my own creamer)

listen to your boss. if he says its ok not to worry about the lifting part. don't do it. if someone complains, tell them he told you not to.

well according to my horoscope.. the next 24 hours will prove to be beneficial as i'll get my frustrations out but only on things not people. so once im more awake and my back is 'relaxed' im off to get sons room done. every time i go up there.. OI!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Rough start to the day (forgot one hockey item at home) so had to fly home to get it but DS still beat the other kids out of the changeroom so I wasn't the worst mom in the world. Beauty day here! Too bad I'm working. But have been planning time off and ordering Wonderland tickets today to go in 2 weeks. Camping is booked with the kids for August. Now just have to book the adult camping trip. Hope to get some things done around the house this weekend and take a drive to Rama Sunday for a free buffet

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Busy bunch here (lol), I was productive today for a change....made a large pot of chicken noodle & rice soup, 24 pecan pie muffins, 24 blueberry muffins, 1 batch of tailgater choc. chip cookies approx. 2.5 dozen cookies, 1 batch of choc. chip cake cookies approx. 3 dozen cookies, made hot Italian sausages for supper and now I'm pooped, going to sit by the firepit tonight with a nice spiked beverages.
    Man I am exhausted just reading all you have accomplished!!! Sounds like you are set for a good while.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tomorrow is a free day so I hope to get lots done. So that means not drinking too much wine tonight on date night

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    TGIF! Rough start to the day (forgot one hockey item at home) so had to fly home to get it but DS still beat the other kids out of the changeroom so I wasn't the worst mom in the world. Beauty day here! Too bad I'm working. But have been planning time off and ordering Wonderland tickets today to go in 2 weeks. Camping is booked with the kids for August. Now just have to book the adult camping trip. Hope to get some things done around the house this weekend and take a drive to Rama Sunday for a free buffet
    Isn't it the worst when your kids forget a piece of equipment? My son always blames me! It may have been my fault at mite level, but at peewee you are on your own

I have seen parents set speed records driving home to get forgotten equipment, lol.

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information