User Tag List

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree3253Likes

Thread: Jumping July Savings (frugal chatter thread) 2014

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh Crochet Lady.. not good.

so why does getting milk always cost $40. with dh in two it did.
    anyway. going to attempt to make some royal icing tonite and create some works of art to put on the cake/cupcakes. wish me luck.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Ashley I did groceries today as well I wasn't supposed to get much but once I got in the store I realized I needed more than I thought, oh well, I did stock up on some items like bread for the freezer, 2 x 10kg of red rose flour (I don't like the robin hood), yogurts for dh, some brown sugar for baking, chips....gringe for the guys, lunch meats and cheese and dh & Jaden are heading up to the moose camp to tackle a few odd jobs & some R&R next week and I figured I might as well get their stuff this way they stay out of the grocery store and spend way too much (it's a guy thing I think).

I spent $174.48 which I'm fine with as the sales & flyers have been complete sh*t lately or should I say for the last 6 months (haha) and the fact that I had not done groceries since July 7th (which was $204.39) and was a shop by dh for his weekend away .
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Nancy did you use the $1 off coupons on the flour?
    ROMEO and avoncallingu like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We went to RCSS and grabbed a few things. Chips and case of water that we are putting away for camping trip. Tons of fruit. Granola bars for back to school bin. Will go back to get other things as it was so busy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is brick chicken. (Whole chicken on BBQ) with poutine. We feel like being bad lol. Then relaxing on the couch. Hope there is a good movie on.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Jul 19th, 2014 at 07:20 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Mrs. S. I was not aware of a coupon for red rose flour, I know there used to be one for Robin Hood but I didn't have any and I prefer red rose flour

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy I do not know about your guys but I find the men in my family do not look at price tags well shopping. They are like want Steak, buy Steak no matter the cost. Or even like with tomatoes they are like want tomatoes buy the first tomatoes they see even though that kind is $1.97/lb and you can other kinds for $0.88/lb and they really do not care on the kind. Drive me insane.

So I added up my grocery bill $83.10, not bad I went into today knowing what I was going to buy but not adding it up and had already decided it would be about $100 so I actually came in under where I thought I would be. It i pretty much that one extra package of Charmin I has not planned to buy until I noticed the new coupons are $1.00 WUB 2. Figured I might as well buy the extra pack as it is the only toilet paper my mom likes, if I buy any other brand I hear about it.

So I have decided to try to garden again this year and all was going well until yesterday. Last night I went out to check on my plants and something has attacked some of my plants. We finally had a beef steak tomato ready to be picked, pulled it off there are two small bite marks on it so in the garbage it went. I also went to check on my peppers, both plants had one pepper each growing on them, both are gone. As well we had another tomato growing (no sure what kind either purple heir loom or jet star) gone as well. Kind of annoyed I was really looking forward to at least getting one pepper from each plant and not it looks like I will get none as there are no other flowers on the plants. Needless to say the backyard got pepperminted again last night.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Ashley I just checked out your blog as it's been a while since I had a peek and I love the before and after pictures, did you ever finish the front entrance tidy up, I know it was driving you bonkers, keep up the great work

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

crap just saw what brand you bought sorry Nancy. my bad..
    im not sure its the air pressure or what but im dealing with a doozy of a headache. really hampering my 'wanna get 'er done' efforts.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    crap just saw what brand you bought sorry Nancy. my bad..
    im not sure its the air pressure or what but im dealing with a doozy of a headache. really hampering my 'wanna get 'er done' efforts.
    I think it is. My foot`s really sore today too and that has nothing to do with my stupidity.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy I did get the front hall cleaned up once but it is currently a complete mess again. I think it will continue to be this way until our house is finally cleaned up because as we clean everything ends up there as a holding place until it makes it out of the house. I am hoping to get it cleared out tomorrow as I wanted to bring down the clothes to be donated but not sure if that will happen know as my week is kind of messed up. Tuesday night I will have to be in bed super early to get up at 4 am to head to North Bay and than Wednesday will be a right as by the time I get back I will be a zombie looking for bed, as well depending on how late we get back Thursday might be another night to recover. I need to make sure I catch up on my sleep as I am working Saturday next weekend. Plus to make my week a little bit more fun we have out employee evaluations on Tuesday, mine is at 9 am. yippee. I am not really worried just won't lie I hate this every year just the feeling that someone is judging you on paper well causes me anxiety which I just finally got in check. I have a feeling I will just be so happy when next week is over.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

IMWTK - what is causing you stress right now and how are you coping?

-inspired by Ashley's work eval which will go great, I am sure

-not being unpacked yet and having the house up to my standards is causing me stress

-I am not coping well. I am very moody. My family deserves better so I need a better outlet than swinging my mood. I am starting with this post. Reorganizing our to do list with DH and going to church will be my next steps!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hey guys! haven't posted in a while but have been reading got some freebies today! 9 packs of ivory soap, 16 bottles of sweet baby rays, and 7 packs of Welch's frozen fruit for $0.99. yum!
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in today which was nice have been super tired, think it is a lot to do with emotional and anxiety, both are getting better.

Here are my good deals from yesterday's shop:
    2 x No Name Whole Wheat Flour 2 kg = $0.50/each
    2 x Blueberry 2 lb $5.77/each - 50% off sticker = $2.89/pack
    4 x Robin Hood Oats $1.99 (PM Sobeys) - $1.00 Coupon = $0.99/pack
    2 x Robin Hood Flour 10 kg (PM Freshco) - $1.00 Coupon = $7.97/bag
    6 x Evaporated Milk $0.97 (PM Freshco) - $1.00 WUB3 Coupon = $0.64/each

Now I am trying to find some ambition to start cleaning up around the house. I have laundry started which is a good start but there is a lot of other things I really need to get done but as of right now really lacking the ambition to get up and do them.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

morning ladies. up early to conquer what didnt' get done yesterday.
    is there a huge difference between cake flour and regular flour. way too busy to run to store for more stuff.

Ashley why don't we keep each other motivated. headed to change laundry now, then tackle other stuff. although i'd rather go back to bed.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information