User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: My Food Cutter is such a time saver!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was not sure if I should make this a post for the Tea Room or here, so mods move it if it is in the wrong area.

It is a fluff post, just me declaring the love I have for my stainless steel food grater! It was an add on gift that came with a ridiculously priced but amazing quality set of pots and pans purchased during The Royal Winter Fair a few years ago. Regal Ware is the maker of it if anyone is wondering. I think the part I love most about it is you don't plug anything in, the set up as well as clean up is surprisingly easy and fast! You only wash the cone and food guide part, the rest is just wiped and put away!

The bottom is suctioned onto the table or counter, then the top piece ( hopper and crank is one piece) and the plastic food guide slides onto that and then placed over the base.
    I choose the cone desired for cutting, there are various styles, waffle slices, large or small regular slices, shredding, but grating cheese is the favourite for me! The fastest way for me to have the mozzarella on hand for lasagna, and pizza. That is another reason I like to grate plenty at once and bag it. Does anyone else own one of these hand cranking type graters?
    When I first used it I actually did sort of drag my left finger on the shredder, ( no Emergency Room visit needed, lol) until it dawned on me that my own right hand had turned it!! So lesson learned, always make sure the right hand know what the left hand is doing....especially with this!

Here is what it looks like

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    bluerose, Kitty77, Zonny and 7 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My mom had one when I was a kid. This of course looks more modern but the principle was the same. Wonder whatever happened to it.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 09:20 AM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

lecale....I am not sure where you could actually go into a store these days and buy one, that Regal stuff I thought was all catalogue purchases I think. The thing was, I did not even know it was included with the pots and pans set, one minute we are watching the whole demo, it was a fun afternoon with DH and the kids, then the next thing I know we are buying the big set!

Once I got it home and felt the sheer weight of the parts ( heavy) and sturdy, plus that fact it does what it says it does ( that is always a plus! ) I really fell in love with the quality of the product right away.
    Angela273, gourmetsue and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Nice that it's so easy to clean. I have a big Kitchen Aid food processor I bought a few years ago (with all kinds of shredding/cutting discs, and I always feel that I need to be doing a big, involved sort of a job to actually drag it from its shelf in the basement, clean everything, figure out the right combination of parts, use it (and boy, does it have a loud, powerful motor and make a lot of noise cutting!), clean it up again, and take it downstairs. I'm always impressed when I use it, so maybe I would get more used to it if I used it more.... Your cutter, however, looks really easy to just set up and use for supper preparation.
    Natalka, Angela273 and oscarandme like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:51 AM.
    walkonby and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    Nice that it's so easy to clean. I have a big Kitchen Aid food processor I bought a few years ago (with all kinds of shredding/cutting discs, and I always feel that I need to be doing a big, involved sort of a job to actually drag it from its shelf in the basement, clean everything, figure out the right combination of parts, use it (and boy, does it have a loud, powerful motor and make a lot of noise cutting!), clean it up again, and take it downstairs. I'm always impressed when I use it, so maybe I would get more used to it if I used it more.... Your cutter, however, looks really easy to just set up and use for supper preparation.
    You could not have described it any better! I had something not quite as good, the Oster Kitchen Centre bought in the dark ages! O.K. maybe around 1980 or thereabouts and I actually used the mixer, blender attachments often, even the veg slicing thing too with the discs, oh but the cleanup after! That was one reason I NEVER bought a food processor later even though they seemed more versatile and were all the rage too.
    The simplicity of this hand operated one even has my DD offering to grate the cheese or carrots for wraps, Quesadillas or taco dinners.
    itsmewhoelse and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Looks awesome! My in-laws have an electric "Salad Shooter" and they use it all the time.

My food processor does the same sort of thing but what a pain in the rump pulling it out to shred a few carrots.
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My Food Cutter saves me so much time that I reorganized my baking and supplies cupboard while I was off work.
    With the new GF flours and starches, I was able to find glass jars that tilt forward and have tight screw top lids from Dollaramma.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

then....I took a look at my old and likely expired spices in the rack and emptied them, then cleaned the bottles, adding some new ones also from Dollaramma ( 3 for $1.00), filled them all from fresh bags of supplies. It was a project that was long overdue!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

great idea for the spices and your flour jars,my neighbor gave me his old lemon juicer thingy I love it its plastic but it works amazingly well. I have started prepping my kitchen for a paint job and have new items stached away for when the paintings done.
    Last edited by bluerose; Sat, Feb 16th, 2013 at 08:52 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

very nice!!

I have a similar attachment for my stand mixer (as some have mentioned here) but I'm a little afraid to use it LOL. It will be exciting when I do though! (I'm with the other posters, I'm not going to drag that thing out unless I have a LOT of shredding or cutting to do!)
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have something similar, bought in a yard sale for about 2 bucks a couple of years ago....very very very simple to use, doesn't rust, easy clean up.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-WEAR-EV...-/321027757464?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by joseff View Post
    I have something similar, bought in a yard sale for about 2 bucks a couple of years ago....very very very simple to use, doesn't rust, easy clean up.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-WEAR-EV...-/321027757464?
    Wow! He shoots...he scores! $2.00 ?? Congrats.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Wow! He shoots...he scores! $2.00 ?? Congrats.
    Yes, she sure does!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information