User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Anyone have a Iphone 4s? I have questions

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have the iphone4 8gb and I love it. It's my first smartphone and my first apple product, and I'm very happy with it for what it does. It is cheaper because it's an older model and it's important to remember it is 8gb only and not expandable, so it really can't be used like a regular computer storing all kinds of stuff even though it has the capability to actually DO everything.

I got mine as part of a *tab* account from Virgin... No contract, they just take 10% off your bill til your phone is paid off or you buy the phone if you want to leave. I got the phone free this way.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With 8gb... consider a wireless drive. Personally I put an SSD into a Guanlet node. Images/Videos are available for phone, tablet, or laptop.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    Thanks for the advice and help I had a Samsung Galaxy S2x and it half works. I currently use SpeakOut wireless because I do not want a contract. I thought about buying an iPhone 4s 8 gb outright at the Apple store ($450.00). Some of the cell phone companies require you have a monthly plan of 50 dollars plus a month for an iPhone. My budget is 30 dollars or less. Basically I use my phone for text, calls, wifi, camera and a few apps. Not sure if buying outright, due to the price, is worth it? Currently I'm using an old flip phone but eventually go with a smartphone.
    Honestly, at that price I don't think it's worth it at all, considering that it's nearly a 3 year old phone. You can get an unlocked 16gb Nexus 5 directly from Google for $349 and the overall performance will be much better. The iPhone 4s isn't much better than the Galaxy S2x that you're currently using.

https://play.google.com/store/device...ack_16gb&hl=en

You can also get a Motorola Moto G 8gb for less than $149 that is still much better than the 4S in terms of performance.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The new iphone is $625 outright at the apple store. Pricey. Most cell companies require $55.00 and upwards plan for iPhone 5c. Plus my budget is $30 a month for a plan. I plan on finding a cheaper phone.

i heard the 4s has wifi issues?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The new iphone is $625 outright at the apple store. Pricey. Most cell companies require $55.00 and upwards plan for iPhone 5c. Plus my budget is $30 a month for a plan. I plan on finding a cheaper phone.

i heard the 4s has wifi issues?
    I have never had wifi issues and it is predominantly what I use. I would consider fido I am with them- you can get some good plans. Unless you have services somewhere else and can get them to give you a good deal. I did a 3 year contract with fido but was already with them for over a year and liked them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I csn get 4s through koodo $300 outright, get 10 % off monthly bill. He said additional apple warranty is $99.00 for two accidental,water damage. Or pay 6.00 a month extra o. Koodo bill for the warranty.

Its good you didnt experience wifi issues. I use wifi and not bother with data. I read on Apple support forums about the wifi issues but maybe they fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmaven View Post
    I have never had wifi issues and it is predominantly what I use. I would consider fido I am with them- you can get some good plans. Unless you have services somewhere else and can get them to give you a good deal. I did a 3 year contract with fido but was already with them for over a year and liked them.

Last edited by toban; Sat, Jul 19th, 2014 at 04:13 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I csn get 4s through koodo $300 outright, get 10 % off monthly bill. He said additional apple warranty is $99.00 for two accidental,water damage. Or pay 6.00 a month extra o. Koodo bill for the warranty.

Its good you didnt experience wifi issues. I use wifi and not bother with data. I read on Apple support forums about the wifi issues but maybe they fixed it.
    300 outright is actually really good - and I hear Koodo is good. I think mine was included but the phone cost more

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Honestly, I still feel this is too high a price. The 4s is an older phone, and judging from Apple's previous releases, will most likely be cut off from the next set of updates.

I think the iPhone 5 or 5c are much better options, along with the Nexus 5. You could also wait for the iPhone 6 to come out (which is probably due in September), and purchase the 5s then.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm now considering the iPhone 5c. I may get it through Koodo or the Apple store.
    Aslan likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have never been an Apple fan, mostly because I find they release updates that seem to eat away at battery life, they constantly patch this to improve it but don't get it right. The last phone I updated to was the S3 Mini by Samsung, it's now using KitKat after being upgraded and I can't say it's bad at all. I am quite happy with the unit.

Apple also has a tendancy to come out once every 6 or so months with a new phone, to me thats excessive and a money grab which is not appealing to me.
    toban likes this.

The above service is for the Ottawa Area! Feel free to contact us for any of your computer or Desktop Publishing needs.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know all these thing I just know it's charger is not good it have become the cause of burn some houses that's why I ignored it.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LukeFinch View Post
    I don't know all these thing I just know it's charger is not good it have become the cause of burn some houses that's why I ignored it.
    I have heard of lots of issues with chargers particularly with the iPhone 5 and up.
    I had several friends that the charger just stopped working altogether. Another issues it it only recognizes the apple charger- no more no name chargers ...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kmontgom View Post
    I have the 4S and since the last 3 updates the battery life is terrible. I am on a contract for another 6 months but will be changing phones once my contract is up. The iphone is a great toy but I want a phone first.
    Did you see that Apple is offering replacement battery for certain phones

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just go to apple

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I realize it's an older model yet still cheaper compared to the 5S and 5C. If you own one do you like it? On Iphone's do you need to update them (the operating system?) and if so does it slow them down?

Thanks!
    I have an iPhone 4S... I Love It! I got it for $0 on a two year contract with Telus. It's not worth paying the money for newer models.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information