User Tag List

Page 12 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast
Like Tree7338Likes

Thread: WHAT is YOUR best SDM shop this week?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you so much MrsMer and anna. I checked the link and it is working now. IDK what was wrong with this link a few days ago. Thanks.
    ssbean, MrsMer and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

$1.99 each for Family sized Frosted Flakes and Mini Wheats with the $5 Gas MIR on them. It was a personalized offer.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

More Tide for .99 cents and Nivea Vital multi effect anti age concentrate $3.00 in clearance reg.$21.99!!
    ssbean, nonprofitjen, lp11 and 3 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't know if I should put this in the "best shop" or the "mega redemption" thread, but I had to share.

I had an optimum card for years but never really used it or knew much about it. I started to seriously use it a couple of years ago, and when I realized how good the program was I got a card for my hubby. His reaction was "yeah, whatever. I'm not gonna carry another stupid card.". So I carried it and put purchases on both. Made sure I took advantage of bonus days and coupons, and built up a lot of points. I made a couple of mega-redemptions, but it was always for household things that get used but not really noticed.

Fast forward to last week: We're taking a trip in October that involves a long plane ride. Hubby says "Gee, it would be nice if we had a tablet computer to keep ourselves entertained on the plane. And maybe we should get a new small digital camera, so we can each have our own, that way we won't fight over the one we have (like we always do on vacation). "

I say "well, we have enough points on our optimum cards, why don't we go down to SDM and take a look on Saturday morning?"

Saturday morning, we walk out of SDM with TWO Acer Insignia A3 tablets (one each!), one Canon Powershot SX600, and a full set of memory cards + spares for all. I did 4 redemptions in total (2 on each card), combined with the set of 3 mailed coupons ($20 off wus $75, $15 of wus 60, $10 off wus 40) and our total out-of-pocket expense was less than $50. Took hubby over an hour to pick his jaw up off the ground. He's still babbling to anyone who'll listen about what a great deal his wife got on the weekend.

Ahh, it feels good to be appreciated.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Amazing !!!! You made hima believer
    ssbean, lorken and TooCouponCrazy like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Got 6 packs $3.16 or less
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Thu, Sep 11th, 2014 at 05:16 PM.
    ssbean and TooCouponCrazy like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Went for the mega redemption didn't think I would be able to spend $220.00, so had my husband go during the week to see if he wanted any electronics, he said to pick up the Toshiba Canvio 1TB external hard drive for $79.99, same price at Future Shop and Best Buy..So on Sat I go with my husband we pick up a lot of things calculating in our heads as we go, when I'm at the cash I tell my husband to go get a few things in case..when he comes back the cashier said that I still need $50.00!! The Toshiba external hard drive rang up at $49.99!!! The sign said $79.99 and it wasn't advertised anywhere!! My husband went to get another one, but of course they only had one, and we were there at 9..there was a few things that scanned lower than the shelf price Activia yogurt showed $4.99 scanned for $3.99..some cosmetics for my daughter showed 12.99 scanned $10.99.. So I put my order on hold and went back to buy more things!! Spent $220.42 before taxes,the receipt indicates that I saved $185.62...minus my coupons, less my personnal coupons (Tide for .99 cents).. My husband was in shock...Total of everything should have been a little over $400.00 plus tax, I paid just the tax $24.42!!!
    That is a really good price for that harddrive!
    ssbean and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Free Liners SCOP and a little funny story to go along with them.

I showed cashier the tag and she said "you are right" and brought me back to her counter (cosmetics) . She looked like she knew what she was doing so I din't mention anything about SCOP, it took her like 5 minutes to do whatever it was that she was doing. Then she hands me back $1.05 and my liners . So I asked her "am I not supposed to get them for free?" she looked at me puzzled and said " I am giving you the difference in the price, so I did it right," I then explained to her again and she goes " ohh, you'll have to take that up with the manager, I don't have the authority to do that."
    She pages him, and I swear is the head Stock boy the one who came out, so I was shocked and she goes to him. " she bought this and the price was wrong so she asked for the TALKER and I gave her the TALKER and now she wants it for free." Stock boy looks at me, looks at her and he looked puzzled and says ,"she just bought that?' then looks at her and pauses, and thinks and hums ( all this time I am standing wondering what the heck is going on, staring at the big SCOP sticker behind her counter and stuck to the register) then he goes, " just give it to her and take her to the front cash ( I am thinking I paid here, that's why I'm here ) but , he takes me to the front and doesn't look very pleased so now at this point the whole thing just feels awkward and then I say, " isn't that how is supposed to work, then he pauses again and says " well, yeah but you have to ask for it, no one is going to give it to you just like that, no one wants to lose money." Hands me back my cash and refund receipt." I was going to say well it ain't coming outta your pocket, but I figured since I see him there all the time I'm just going to keep quiet.

I walked out laughing because I was still trying to figure out what had happened and the whole TALKER thing, but needless to say I got my free liners, but boy did I have to work hard for that one.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    Don't know if I should put this in the "best shop" or the "mega redemption" thread, but I had to share.

I had an optimum card for years but never really used it or knew much about it. I started to seriously use it a couple of years ago, and when I realized how good the program was I got a card for my hubby. His reaction was "yeah, whatever. I'm not gonna carry another stupid card.". So I carried it and put purchases on both. Made sure I took advantage of bonus days and coupons, and built up a lot of points. I made a couple of mega-redemptions, but it was always for household things that get used but not really noticed.

Fast forward to last week: We're taking a trip in October that involves a long plane ride. Hubby says "Gee, it would be nice if we had a tablet computer to keep ourselves entertained on the plane. And maybe we should get a new small digital camera, so we can each have our own, that way we won't fight over the one we have (like we always do on vacation). "

I say "well, we have enough points on our optimum cards, why don't we go down to SDM and take a look on Saturday morning?"

Saturday morning, we walk out of SDM with TWO Acer Insignia A3 tablets (one each!), one Canon Powershot SX600, and a full set of memory cards + spares for all. I did 4 redemptions in total (2 on each card), combined with the set of 3 mailed coupons ($20 off wus $75, $15 of wus 60, $10 off wus 40) and our total out-of-pocket expense was less than $50. Took hubby over an hour to pick his jaw up off the ground. He's still babbling to anyone who'll listen about what a great deal his wife got on the weekend.

someone was asking , in another thread, is it worth it to collect optimum points...all she has to do is read this thread!! Outstanding job, isn't it great when the husbands finally realize the money we actually save them ha,ha,ha!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This week got 4 tide for .99 cents each, Nivea creams $3.00 on clearance reg $21.99 and the duo pack of suncream and after sun lotion on clearance for $5.00 (didn't think this was a great deal but for $2.50 each I guess it was ok) reg. price was $18.99!!! They also had waterproof, sport 30 SPF duo packs for $5.00..Name:  image.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  46.2 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post

Awesome. Really paid off for you and great timing. I got a tablet for my DH last week as well.
    lorken and momi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went back last night and bought 14 more frozen entrees.
    Stouffers frozen meals for $1.00 a piece which is unheard of...4 of them for $4 is Michelina's type pricing. Better than the sale price of $1.99 each for Stouffers. 50% savings on savings, haha.
    And on top of that...I use the pin codes online. 4 entrees = a free box of Stouffers. So I got 5 of them for the price of $4.00. 80cents a meal compared to sale price of $1.99 or regular price of $4.49. 82% savings off of regular price or 60% savings on top of the best sale price. I am pretty happy, cheap quick meals when needed.
    momi, amira84, maple7 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LimeFizzy View Post
    I went back last night and bought 14 more frozen entrees.
    Stouffers frozen meals for $1.00 a piece which is unheard of...4 of them for $4 is Michelina's type pricing. Better than the sale price of $1.99 each for Stouffers. 50% savings on savings, haha.
    And on top of that...I use the pin codes online. 4 entrees = a free box of Stouffers. So I got 5 of them for the price of $4.00. 80cents a meal compared to sale price of $1.99 or regular price of $4.49. 82% savings off of regular price or 60% savings on top of the best sale price. I am pretty happy, cheap quick meals when needed.

which coupon did you use?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

1.99 on eggs

3.99 for milk

not the best deal

but they were both on sale.
    momi, lp11, amira84 and 1 others like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Oops... Wrong thread!
    Last edited by sdddmd; Sat, Sep 13th, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
    momi and lp11 like this.

Page 12 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread Information