User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: Apparently I am free daycare

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I agree with so many of the comments, that's why I gave out a lot of "likes"
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Arggggg!!!

She did it again and I have school in an hour.

SUPER pissed off.
    Sounds a bit intentional this time...like she's mad that you spoke to her husband.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

OMG unbelievable. What did you do? It does sound like a higher authority needs to intervene to keep the kids safe.

Arggggg!!!

She did it again and I have school in an hour.

SUPER pissed off.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I think I left you a rep comment wondering if the father was an o.k. guy, I mean when he said he'd talk to the wife he sounded ticked that she had done this. I just hope there is no domestic violence situation at play there. I worry about all the angles here. So the Mom left the kid again? That is quite nervy, it is certainly time to speak directly to HER now. Oh I hope this all works out for you. Keep us all posted, so curious as to why a parent would behave this way?

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    So the father never once asked his child "so how was your day?". How could he not know what his child was doing all day? It's normal for working parents to come home and talk to their children and find out how their day was. Also, he knows his wife works too...so was there never a discussion about childcare ??? This makes no sense to me.
    Maybe he did ask and the kids said they played with friends, or did nothing. Not every kid will give will give there parents a run down of their day. The kids aren't really old enough to question what the mother is telling them, so if she's saying go to this house while I go out, they wouldn't question if it was previously arranged or not. I got the impression that the mom doesn't work and is just taking off because she can't be bothered to take care of her kids, but I could be wrong.
    OP I hope you call the father or if you have no way of getting ahold of him, childrens aid. As hard as it is to be the one responsible for the kids possibly getting removed from their parents, they need to be supervised, fed and have their safety ensured and the mother either can't be bothered or has something wrong with her(mental illness maybe?) that she cannot take care of her kids.
    My heart goes out to these kids and I hope the family gets the help they need and the kids get the security they deserve.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Maybe he did ask and the kids said they played with friends, or did nothing. Not every kid will give will give there parents a run down of their day. The kids aren't really old enough to question what the mother is telling them, so if she's saying go to this house while I go out, they wouldn't question if it was previously arranged or not. I got the impression that the mom doesn't work and is just taking off because she can't be bothered to take care of her kids, but I could be wrong.
    OP I hope you call the father or if you have no way of getting ahold of him, childrens aid. As hard as it is to be the one responsible for the kids possibly getting removed from their parents, they need to be supervised, fed and have their safety ensured and the mother either can't be bothered or has something wrong with her(mental illness maybe?) that she cannot take care of her kids.
    My heart goes out to these kids and I hope the family gets the help they need and the kids get the security they deserve.
    I don't have kids, but I am going by how my 7 year old niece acts. She always tells me how her days are and what she did and who she did it with. Doesn't the father ask his wife "so what did you and the kids do today?". Maybe he's married to a pathological liar, who knows? Maybe the mother makes the kids lie about what they do each day? If the mother is not gone to work, where is she going and why can't she take her kids with her ? This may unravel into one horribly sad story. I think a talk with the mother and father together is in order.
    Angela273, walkonby and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

45 mins after I posted I left for school. I packed all the kids in the car and drove over and sent my son in the house and her 14 year old sister had returned home.

We are having lunch right now and then I am going over to talk to her.
    I am actually in school for a field related to CPS and I will be telling her flat out that I do not appreciate the position I am being put in. Hopefully that will smarten her up because there better not be a next time.

I will update about how the conversation goes.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And I am already back lol!

Went there, told her about the hungry thing yesterday, and how she was over saying they were not home again today.
    Said I did not mind her daughter coming over and asked that she text me before she comes over to make sure that I am available because I am going to school and am busy.
    She got defensive, said that she would not leave a 7 year old alone and I said that I know that her other daughter was home today, and I just would like her to text me first because it puts me in an awkward position and she slammed the door in my face and I heard her say "well you are not going over there anymore".

So, lets see how things go now.
    Last edited by i_forget; Thu, Jul 17th, 2014 at 02:40 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went there, told her about the hungry thing yesterday, and how she was over saying they were not home again today.
    Said I did not mind her daughter coming over and asked that she text me before she comes over to make sure that I am available because I am going to school and am busy.
    She got defensive, said that she would not leave a 7 year old alone and I said that I know that her other daughter was home today, and I just would like her to text me first because it puts me in an awkward position and she slammed the door in my face and I heard her say "well you are not going over there anymore".

She'll end up doing this to someone else in the neighborhood. Jeez, she doesn't seem very pleasant !

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    She'll end up doing this to someone else in the neighborhood. Jeez, she doesn't seem very pleasant !
    No, she was not very plesant at all.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    Midnightly, with all due respect, parents snapping at their kids when all they want to do is go to the park or spend time with their friends is one thing (perhaps parents need to go get dinner ready, go grocery shopping, do laundry, etc) but in this case the parent (mother) is just abandoning her children and assuming the neighbours will take care of "her" kids. This is just not right.

i never said it was the same situation.. my heart goes out for the kids (aka the mine as well comment) and that i often see parents too lost in their own personal life (their phone, or parents saying "well i gotta go meet..." and being super short saying "i don't care if you want to go to the park we have to go now", "just stand there and shush can't you see i'm talking to...", "i really don't want to sit at the park today" ) putting their wants and needs before the children's wants and needs

i do get that many parents have lives and have to get home get dinner on or go to work.. but that is not always the case
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

This really needs reported. She's either going to depend on some other neighbour or is going to be alone fending for herself. It sounds like the father already acknowledged it's an ongoing issue so this poor child is running out of help.
    Angela273 and toronto166 like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

this part makes me sad... it's the child that has been stuck in the middle of parental battles.. the mother has respect you and your home and personal space by atleast contacting you before sending her kid over and it's not like your saying "don't ever send your kid over to play" just "hey give me a bit of warning first to make sure i don't have plans for the day already" and now the child loses out
    Angela273 and toronto166 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    this part makes me sad... it's the child that has been stuck in the middle of parental battles.. the mother has respect you and your home and personal space by atleast contacting you before sending her kid over and it's not like your saying "don't ever send your kid over to play" just "hey give me a bit of warning first to make sure i don't have plans for the day already" and now the child loses out
    Exactly.
    My kids are losing out as well because my ds is friends with the girls brother.

Regretfully the world is full of people who lack the ability to communicate or respect others.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Is it possible that the 14 year old was told to watch her and the 14 year old left?

Angela273 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information