User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: Apparently I am free daycare

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

A kid in my daughters class never has anything for recess and only junk for lunch, so I always pack extra to be shared....but the kids mom....is always out and about and impressing everyone...gag me...oh and she never goes to her sons Christmas concerts either...guess he's not a priority
    Angela273, ticul, Candini and 2 others like this.
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

A 7 & 10 yr left without supervision is a bit sketchy IMO, sure a 10 yr old can be responsible enough to be alone, but left to care for a 7 yr old sibling, no way. Nice of you to make sure the kids are fed though.
    I hope the conversation goes well and that she returns the favour and takes your kids so you can have a break.
    Angela273, ticul, i_forget and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

how did things go? was the issue resolved??
    we never had kids at our place until our kids hit the teen years. now they are 'cool' to hang out with at all ages. drives me nuts my porch is only 3x4 and i swear everytime i turn around there are 5-10 kids on it. thankfully i don't feed any. but WOW OP. hope you were able to find out what was going on.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'm curious how the convo went as well!..

if it was me i'd be talking to the parent... not going in guns blazing but going with an agenda to have a full talk about the situation and the frustrations that it's hard to have family time when her kids are always coming over, it's hard to prep a family dinner when you suddenly have to stretch it to feed two more, and sometimes you have other plans for the day and can't watch her kids.. but ofcourse add in things like i do enjoy your children, my children play well with them, i don't have a problem occasionally feeding them a small snack (if you actually do) it just can't be a all the time thing.. and if she'd please call and give a heads up before sending the kids over (a drop off and approx pick up time would be helpful so you can plan your day accordingly)
    Angela273, ticul, i_forget and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UPDATE:

So, I went over there on my way out to make sure that there was an adult home before I left.
    Just as I got there, the father pulled in from work.

I explained to him what happened, and his respond was "For F***s sake. I am so sorry. She is not home, but I will be bringing this up." He was quite bothered, and it looked to me as if this is a pattern for her.

So, hopefully this is taken care of.

I am under the impression that she is one of those people who thinks of herself before others.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First of all, thank you for the update i_forget and secondly this sounds like a very sad situation. My heart goes out to those kids and their dad.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    First of all, thank you for the update i_forget and secondly this sounds like a very sad situation. My heart goes out to those kids and their dad.
    Mine as well.
    Angela273, emg and luckbealady like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    mine as well.. i see this often at my daughter's school, the parents snapping at the kids when all they want to do is go to the park or spend some time with their friends
    Angela273 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Arggggg!!!

She did it again and I have school in an hour.

SUPER pissed off.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG. This is crazy! At the end of the day, you have to look out for you and your family. I understand that you don't want to leave that child alone when you go to school but your life can't suffer because of that neighbour. Are there any neighbours that can take care of this child while you go to school? Obviously speaking to the husband didn't make a difference. May I suggest you speak to "her" directly? Good luck. This sounds like a nightmare.
    Angela273 and francine1985 like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I think it's time to call child protective services in your area. The children are going unsupervised during the day.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

How is that the same, Midnightly?
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    mine as well.. i see this often at my daughter's school, the parents snapping at the kids when all they want to do is go to the park or spend some time with their friends
    Midnightly, with all due respect, parents snapping at their kids when all they want to do is go to the park or spend time with their friends is one thing (perhaps parents need to go get dinner ready, go grocery shopping, do laundry, etc) but in this case the parent (mother) is just abandoning her children and assuming the neighbours will take care of "her" kids. This is just not right.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    UPDATE:

So, I went over there on my way out to make sure that there was an adult home before I left.
    Just as I got there, the father pulled in from work.

I explained to him what happened, and his respond was "For F***s sake. I am so sorry. She is not home, but I will be bringing this up." He was quite bothered, and it looked to me as if this is a pattern for her.

So, hopefully this is taken care of.

I am under the impression that she is one of those people who thinks of herself before others.
    So the father never once asked his child "so how was your day?". How could he not know what his child was doing all day? It's normal for working parents to come home and talk to their children and find out how their day was. Also, he knows his wife works too...so was there never a discussion about childcare ??? This makes no sense to me.
    Angela273 and francine1985 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Arggggg!!!

She did it again and I have school in an hour.

SUPER pissed off.
    you've discussed it with them now I think its time to call the police. this is neglect and its time they had some consequences before these kids fall through the cracks and something bad happens.
    Angela273, ashy01 and toronto166 like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information