User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: Apparently I am free daycare

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    sometimes it's better being the "yummy mommy" and having your kids friends over at your home all the time.. that way you know what your kid is up to.. and know who your kid is hanging out with... and get to know your kids friends
    I tend agree and had many, many kids hang around at our house. Especially for sleep-overs....those were a biggie. There is a happy balance, though....I would say that having them over most of the time would be my choice of words.
    Angela273 and torontogal12 like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Am I reading your post right??
    It sounds a bit accusatory for the OP, she did nothing wrong here, the mother of the child is in the wrong for not watching her own kids and KNOWING where they are during the day, that is HER job, not op's responsibility. What the heck is a yummy mummy?
    Walks you kill me....going to chuckle all night. A yummy mummy is not someone that makes yummy food, a yummy mummy is a smoke show!! A very attractive mother!!! You know just like you and I were a few years a go!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I can't believe yummy mummy has a Wikipedia page!!!
    Yup kind of wrong isn't it!
    sweetmomma likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post
    You might want to make some notes...
    • what are you feeding them? Lots of meat? Seafood? Are the parents vegetarians?
    • what is it they crave for on table? Lots of KFC? Could the parents be saying no to fast food too often?
    • what are they doing in your house? Do you have a new video game console? Do you have internet? Do you have a big screen TV? Do you have a movie channel? Are the kids "grounded" at home, so they venture elsewhere for their electronic addictions?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hSbqaJZeIE

Make notes of their habits. What makes your home/family so attractive? Are you a "Yummy Mummy"?
    Seriously on the yummy mummy statement...you think the kids stay all day to just check her out..that is a bit weird don't ya think or we have different definitions of yummy mummy? I think we are thinking to hard here, I think this is an instance of an indifferent parent that needs to wise up.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Fri, Jul 18th, 2014 at 10:57 PM.
    sweetmomma, walkonby and DianneS like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I can't believe yummy mummy has a Wikipedia page!!!
    So,I had to check the Wikipedia page for their definition,because a welcoming home with lots of fun toys and regular meals wasn't what I thought when of when the OP was asked if she was a "yummy mummy" LOL.So,then,quoted from Wikipedia: More generally, a "yummy mummy" is an often younger version of a MILF, a term used either appreciatively or lustfully, usually by a man, to refer to a young mother with whom he would like to have a sexual encounter.Ummmm,the persistent visitor is a 7 year old girl,haha.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Good old Urban Dictionary has the NSFC/W defination..
    Candini likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by secheltsaver View Post
    So,I had to check the Wikipedia page for their definition,because a welcoming home with lots of fun toys and regular meals wasn't what I thought when of when the OP was asked if she was a "yummy mummy" LOL.So,then,quoted from Wikipedia: More generally, a "yummy mummy" is an often younger version of a MILF, a term used either appreciatively or lustfully, usually by a man, to refer to a young mother with whom he would like to have a sexual encounter.Ummmm,the persistent visitor is a 7 year old girl,haha.
    see thats what i thought a "yummy mummy" was a younger mom/teen mom/early 20's mom.. with the MILF being more later 20's+ i never heard it used as a mom's home where all the kids like to hang out because the parents are laid back and entertain the kids with a world of fun toys and lots of good snacks to cater to kids (to me that could be your soccer mom, your stepford mom)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks for clearing up what a yummy mummy is everyone.........I had no idea?? I am way passed the point of being categorized personally so I feel fortunate. Some of these terms ( MILF ) are downright disrespectful! hrmph!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i've never been a fan of alot of the new terms that have randomly popped up like MILF.. but i know some women wear the label with pride it's like saying "yes i may have had kids but i can still be sexy and desirable"
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh do find out with their mom! With what to do and solving the problem.
    Last edited by HappyCouponSaver78; Sun, Jul 20th, 2014 at 08:21 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My house is the house all the kids come to for a few reasons.
    First, I have 3 kids and they are 35 months apart from start to finish, so being so close in age, they have the same grouping of friends. My DD is quite popular, she has a cheery personality and makes friends everywhere she goes. My Ds is nuts and super nice so he has quite a few friends as well.

I do have a big-ish screen tv, game console and most of the cable channels. I also have a huge backyard with a big wooden play set, and all the kids have bikes, scooters, balls. DD being athletic and artistic, I also have a huge cabinet filled with art supplies.
    My house is located on a short street and is a cul-de-sac (old middle class neighbourhood, nothing fancy) so there is not a lot of traffic and there are parks located at both ends of the street.
    I am also not one of those people who freaks out about little messes. I believe kids need to get messy and play outside and have fun...be kids, and I am generally very relaxed and have an easy going personality. Plus I always have freezies and nutella lmao.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mommy and daddy aren't going to be there for them all the time, at some point of their live they need to grow up. It is unfair to YOU and to the children that they should rely on someone else to take care of them. The guardian of the child needs to figure out something else other than "oh just go on to xxxxxxs house and they'll feed you. I'm sure most of us as children were able to cook for ourselves, our parents our working and if theres nothing they can do, the kids must learn themselves to take care of them.

While I appreciate that you take care of your friends mutuals, you did not sign up for this. Give yourself a break, taking care of 1 child is already chaotic sometimes..
    Ciel and sweetmomma like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

You really really need to have a chat with these childrens parents. What type of person leave children unattended, especially without feeding them. I would have a conversation and say something like my going rate is $18 an hour plus $5 per meal. I would appreciate a bit more advanced notice in the future if your children are going to attend my day camp, LOL
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If the 14 yr old is supposedly left in charge of the younger siblings but teen bails on them, then the situation merits intervention. Think there is a minimum age youth can be left at home alone that applies to Ontario or Canada-14 yr.
    Had relatives who during summers were expected to take on the laundry/housekeeping/cooking & grocery shopping while their folks were at work. They were in their teens and the wringer washer was the laundry appliance that got plenty of action.
    ROMEO and toronto166 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    My house is the house all the kids come to for a few reasons.
    First, I have 3 kids and they are 35 months apart from start to finish, so being so close in age, they have the same grouping of friends. My DD is quite popular, she has a cheery personality and makes friends everywhere she goes. My Ds is nuts and super nice so he has quite a few friends as well.

I do have a big-ish screen tv, game console and most of the cable channels. I also have a huge backyard with a big wooden play set, and all the kids have bikes, scooters, balls. DD being athletic and artistic, I also have a huge cabinet filled with art supplies.
    My house is located on a short street and is a cul-de-sac (old middle class neighbourhood, nothing fancy) so there is not a lot of traffic and there are parks located at both ends of the street.
    I am also not one of those people who freaks out about little messes. I believe kids need to get messy and play outside and have fun...be kids, and I am generally very relaxed and have an easy going personality. Plus I always have freezies and nutella lmao.

Backyard and Nutella??? Nevermind the kids, I'll be right over!
    Ciel, sweetmomma, i_forget and 1 others like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information