User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Weeeooojr

Thread: Free game trading website 99gamers.com

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Not entirely sure if this is where I should be posting this thread, but here it is...

99gamers.com is a Canadian made website open to North America that allows users to buy and sell their games (including digital copies) for the site's virtual currency, coins. You can also buy these coins at $1 a piece. The premise is similar to Goozex (for those of you who remember that site), but there are no fees involved, and you set the prices for your games. There is no waiting in line to get a game, and prices are strongly fueled by supply and demand. This ensures that the website doesn't have issues like what made Goozex burn to the ground. They also don't put coins on sale.

I first signed up just to buy a few coins and get a few games, but in January I went back to the site and started trading out games as well. I actually have the most games sold on the site now . I'm happy to help you with any questions that you may have. I'd probably respond quicker though if you pm me over there, so you can do so from my profile is you want (username is Weeeooojr there as well).

Note that since the each game listing has it's price determined by the seller there are some overpriced games (just like you'd find on ebay/amazon)...it is not a good idea to look at these and think that coins are worth a lot less than they are like some people think. That being said, there are often games priced cheap as well (often when users are trying to get some quick coins). Also, just because $1 can buy you 1 coin, doesn't mean that 1 coin is worth a dollar. This is a trading site and many new users seem to be unable to grasp this concept. :\ You guys are smart though so I'm sure it won't be a problem

Most of your questions will probably have answers in the FAQ though. https://99gamers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

You can browse the games they have here: https://99gamers.com/all
    Without logging in, this will show you all the games listed. In reality, you'll only be able to view the listings from other Canadians and listings from Americans that ship to Canada (often at a slight markup of a few coins).
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Ebay
    princessjen and Aslan like this.
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

is this for real games?

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I don't want to make the first post to be too cluttered so I'll add some additional info here.

This is the biggest game trading site that runs on virtual currency.

You can buy/sell things that aren't games for coins through the site's forum. ie. I've bought a 3DS, Xbox 360, Xbox Live gold sub time, accessories/remotes, Skylanders, and other gaming goodies. I'm currently working out trades for mtg cards and a Kindle Fire HD. I've also sold things like a t-shirt.

The people on this site are very friendly and sometimes generous. I bought 2 cheapish games from another user and he included a TON of other games and goodies...enough stuff to warrant a 50 coin tip from me. Lots of traders include bonus goodies with their trades and some users have even hosted huge contests. The site itself also has a Twitter contest every month.

Your trades are protected under the 99gamer guarantee so you don't need to worry about lost/damaged games in the mail or the seller sending you less than you should get. Customer service is pretty good. Their response time is amazing (I think I got a response from them once just minutes later lol).

This site is a great way to avoid fees from ebay/amazon and the low trade-in values from Gamestop.
    Last edited by Weeeooojr; Sat, Jul 19th, 2014 at 09:09 AM.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mikielxie View Post
    is this for real games?
    Yup. You can trade current gen games to vintage games, and also digital games like Steam games.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anjleena123 View Post
    I have no interest in any kind of games
    In an kind of game? Or any kind of video game? If the former, then you're the only person I know that doesn't have any interest in games.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can trade current gen games to vintage games, and also digital games like Steam games.???
    GuL

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

its nice

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried to sign up as I have a few to sell but I can't get the confirmation email to work for me. I like the concept.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is this only open to America?

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Ahh sorry for the late responses!

Quote Originally Posted by ohhteriiii View Post
    You can trade current gen games to vintage games, and also digital games like Steam games.???
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by couponkrystal View Post
    I tried to sign up as I have a few to sell but I can't get the confirmation email to work for me. I like the concept.

If you still couldn't make an account are still interested, their support is really helpful. [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom720 View Post
    Is this only open to America?

It's open to Canada and the U.S.A.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Seems like most of the games are on consoles. but it's still great and I find that there are also lots of toys on that site, that's amazing!!!

Thread Information