User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: QOTD: Fri Jul 25: Raging on the road...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Let's face it, there are just some terrible drivers out there...
    ...and lets lump cyclists and even pedestrians into this too!
    What is your biggest pet peeve when you're on the road, whether as a driver, cyclist or pedestrian?

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 4 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

as a pedestrian, i hate cyclist who think they are the king of roads

and pedestrians who walk closely behind me, meanwhile they have the whole sidewalk to bypass me
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 4 others like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I cannot stand people who drive in the left lane at exactly the speed limit and do not overtake the person in the right lane. Left lane is for passing...if you are not going to pass then get over before you cause an accident.
    travelgeek, Andit, Natalka and 9 others like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am a cyclist so it ticks me off to see stupid cyclists, they give us a bad name. Wear a helmet and stay off the sidewalk. Adults on bikes on the sideswalk ...so annoying.
    travelgeek, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

People who tail-gate especially when there's no way I can go faster. I may be a force-infused penguin but there's no way I am able to make other cars speed up, vanish or levitate just to make the driver behind me's life easier.

OH and if there's a passing lane and few to no other traffic, just over-take...I'm not going to play Boy-Racer with you.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 8 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Slow drivers on the inside (passing) lane!!! THE worst!
    travelgeek, Andit, Natalka and 9 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Cyclists who don't keep in their lane, or if there aren't any lanes, takes over the entire lane (we know you only need a small section).

Drivers who drive under the speed limit on the highway (400 series highways).
    You're annoying and going to cause an accident.

Drivers who come out of no-where and glue themselves on the back of my vehicle...you can see I cannot go any faster, GO AWAY!

Motorcyclists who drive like they're on air. People in cars can barely see you...especially when you're going 130km/hr! SLOW DOWN!

Can you tell I'm a city driver who does a LOT of driving on the major highways?! LOL
    travelgeek, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Drivers in a hurry on a one lane road. They race past you and speed 10 or 20 km above the limit. You meet them 1 minute later at the red light, that you knew was there.

In a hurry to get to a red light
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My BIGGEST pet peeve, are the cyclist who like to pike and choose when they follow the rules as a driver and as a pedestrian.
    You are on a bike, ride on the road, stay off of your bike on the sidewalk.
    You are on the road, obey the lights, and ride in the lanes, and don't dip into the cross walk areas.

In Toronto, there are a number of "Scramble Cross Walks" where the lights turn all red each cycle (E/W traffic, N/S traffic, and then no traffic all ways walk including diagonal) when the all cross is on, don't f**king ride through, and curse out people who are walking. It's called a cross WALK for a reason.
    travelgeek, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.
    DANGER

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The nazi cyclist lobby in Montreal slowly making life hell for motorists.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

As a driver - other drivers who don't signal, tailgaiters, distracted drivers - especially those talking or texting on phones, aggressive drivers.

Dislike cyclists who want to be treated as vehicles, yet will go through red lights, or weave through traffic, for example.

travelgeek, Andit, ROMEO and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I'm a pretty go-with-the-flow driver and after 6-7 years of commuting I've gotten used to other types of drivers, but a few situations I really find rage-worthy are:

- People who won't slow down in construction zones or who won't move out of the way for emergency vehicles with their lights on

- Passing on the shoulder of the road because your impatient: I've had it happen a few times, at a particular spot on the #1 highway, at shift change, when there's been three or four cars in the right lane, and a couple vehicles passing them in the left lane and some jerk decides to pull onto the shoulder instead and fly past... 120km/h with one wheel in the ditch is a severe accident waiting to happen!

- Winter highway drivers, who go 30-40km/h when the majority of traffic is maintaining 100-110kms... If I ever have to slow down for an icy patch, I'll pop my hazards on so someone doesn't fly up behind me without any warning and have to hit their brakes on the ice.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

As a driver - other drivers who don't signal, tailgaiters, distracted drivers - especially those talking or texting on phones, aggressive drivers.

Dislike cyclists who want to be treated as vehicles, yet will go through red lights, or weave through traffic, for example.

Yes -- texting.
    How can someone go 100 km/hour, text and drive?
    They can't. I see them weaving in the middle lane on highway 401 all the time.
    Andit, Natalka, ninna and 3 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    who won't move out of the way for emergency vehicles with their lights on
    The other day I don't know what had happened but a police was driving along lights a-blazing and in the next few minutes 2 fire trucks, another 2 police cars and an ambulance and the number of times they were held up by other cars pulling out between them and then panicking on realising more emergancy vehicles were following..

I pulled over and waited a few minutes jsut to make sure every-one had passed.
    Andit, danger_dan, ticul and 2 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    My BIGGEST pet peeve, are the cyclist who like to pike and choose when they follow the rules as a driver and as a pedestrian.
    You are on a bike, ride on the road, stay off of your bike on the sidewalk.
    You are on the road, obey the lights, and ride in the lanes, and don't dip into the cross walk areas.

In Toronto, there are a number of "Scramble Cross Walks" where the lights turn all red each cycle (E/W traffic, N/S traffic, and then no traffic all ways walk including diagonal) when the all cross is on, don't f**king ride through, and curse out people who are walking. It's called a cross WALK for a reason.
    So true Dan! We were walking the crosswalk at Yonge and Bloor, I believe ( no, south of there, I think, on our way from the Chelsea to the Bay) and you're so right! A cyclist was weaving in and out of pedestrians, totally unaware that there are children holding hands with parents who can't just part the way for him, the imbicile! If I could have tripped him, I would have!
    Yes, they do feel they've got the rights of vehicles and pedestrians! And where are the police when those dopes do that?! I swear they infest every crosswalk!
    travelgeek, Andit, Natalka and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information