User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Feeling guilty about a purchase

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ended up returning it last night. My neighbour has an iPhone 5c, that I tried last night, when I returned home. The thing is I had trouble hearing with the 5c when I made a voice call. Tried a few calls, same thing. I do have issues with some loss of hearing in my ears. She has no issues with sound quality at all. I'll find a phone that works for me

Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post
    I would take the phone back to the retailer immediately for their thoughts. Many retailers have a warranty to handle defective products. If you wait past that window, you will need to deal with the manufacturer who might send back refurbished products.
    Last edited by toban; Fri, Aug 1st, 2014 at 09:39 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    I ended up returning it last night. My neighbour has an iPhone 5c, that I tried last night, when I returned home. The thing is I had trouble hearing with the 5c when I made a voice call. Tried a few calls, same thing. I do have issues with some loss of hearing in my ears. She has no issues with sound quality at all. I'll find a phone that works for me
    That's probably a wise move. If it's acting up now and only a week or two old then it's gonna continue to be a nuisance. Best to get rid of it now while you can!

I wish I'd had that foresight a few years ago when I bought a Blackberry Storm. It was the first touch screen phone on the market and what a piece of crap it was. The first two were duds (problems with the screens) that had to be taken back within a few weeks of getting them. By the time my three year contract was done, I'd gone through 4 of those suckers. I'm not hard on phones either. I usually have one for years and years until the technology is out dated. I was SO glad to see that Storm go!!!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    Are the issues that you experienced with the Blackberry a common problem with that particular device? For budget sake, I think the important thing is to ask the retailer what other phones are most comparable to the Blackberry that you had and narrow your choices down that way. Whatever you decide, make sure the next device you decide on has the most up-to-date firmware/software to hopefully head off any glitches. Good luck!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They didn't say it's a common problem. I did a software update when I first got it. Maybe I just got a dud. Otherwise I really liked the BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Livelyone View Post
    Are the issues that you experienced with the Blackberry a common problem with that particular device? For budget sake, I think the important thing is to ask the retailer what other phones are most comparable to the Blackberry that you had and narrow your choices down that way. Whatever you decide, make sure the next device you decide on has the most up-to-date firmware/software to hopefully head off any glitches. Good luck!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you use your phone more than you use your bed or car, why wouldn't it be worth the extra money? Just my opinion..

I'm the same way though, after being so frugal, its hard to buy anything. I guess I look at it as, I spend so much effort in life saving money, might as well spend that money on what I spend the rest of my life..

I have an iPhone 5, its WAY to expensive, but I'm not taking it back. It could have been a BB just the same. Whatever you enjoy..

Chris - (theseedcoway.com)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had a BB that I loved and I dropped it on my stairs and it smashed the screen. I decided to change to an iphone 4s because of all the rebate apps at the time (about 20 months ago) that BB did not have.

I can honestly say that in less than 2 years I have made well over $500 in rebates from my iphone (zweet, Checkout 51, snapsaves, cartsmart and a couple others). That to me was worth every penny! Just a little food for thought.
    DiamondLil likes this.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I returned the defective BB device and exchanged for another. This one is working great. I have to say I really love the BB Q5. Texting is so easy, wifi connectivity, not cumbersome. Can't beat the price

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been using the Snap Android emulator on my Q10 for awhile and last month I loaded the Entertainment book Android app. Save me $80 when I went to a restaurant and I could both my coupon and app coupon at the same time!

I also discovered the mobile coupons can be used when travelling in the USA. This is great as it just uses my Q10 GPS to locate and display the nearest offers.
    Last edited by xlxo; Mon, Sep 8th, 2014 at 03:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information