So I'm with Virgin Mobile prepaid and I had this nifty feature called voicemail to text included in my $25/mth plan. I had gotten text saying that to keep getting this service I would have to pay an extra $3/mth starting in about a month. I chatted with an online rep and she agreed that they weren't going to reduce my services and I wouldn't have to pay the extra fee and would still have the feature. Thanks Virgin...but wait.

I had already known that I'd be moving for a job and would have to change my number and I was probably going to have to upgrade my service so I'd be able to keep in contact with family and friends. I still hadn't done this as I was still pricing out options and was going to probably just upgrade to a regular plan with Virgin as they seemed to have good customer service and their regular plans meant a better bang for buck improvement in minutes/data (my old plan isnt available anymore and the price increases just to keep minutes, data, and texting.

I'm at work writing a test for training and my phone starts vibrating; I let it go to voicemail and afterward I realize I didn't get a text transcript if it but there is a voicemail. So I figure it was a telemarketer and it's blank; it wasn't it was my new internet provider. No big deal. But I then realize it took place after the date mentioned that I would have lost the voicemail to text feature.

I called Virgin Mobile and was told the service wasn't on my account and I'd have to pay an extra $3/mth. I get transferred to technical support without notice for some reason, repeat the reason for the call get transferred again and the phone call cutoff. No call back to me. I call them and again am told same thing, this time I get them to review what I had been told before that I would keep the service at no cost. They refused to honour what the other rep had told me. Instead they'd send her to training.

I knew I was going to have to change plans and was going to be switching to what the rep referred to as postpaid plans. But why would I stay with a company that won't honour what their reps tell their customers? I added $15 to my account to tie me over until I choose another provider but not enough for another month of service.