User Tag List

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: How did you meet your loved one?

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

ok ladies and gents tell us how you met your DH, DW, GF, or BF i thought this would be cute cause i always enjoy listening to people when they tell me how they met its so cute i would love to start but i really need to finish celaning and cooking or else tomorrow is going to be a disaster so i shall write our story tomorrow night
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Okay well my DH and I met online...through a chat room actually, not a dirty chat room, just a meet people in your town chat room...we started talking online, I had been dating a guy from Vancouver, whom I would go see on the weekends..then a chat-girl "friend" of ours had a social evening at her home, and I decided at the last minute to attend with some other girlfrinds, and thats the first time we met in person, he was there with some of his friends too...
    6 weeks later, my boyfriend decided to tell me he "prefered men, and the girlfriend thing just wasn't doing it for him"...well good thing (actually it was humiliating at the time, I had no idea..) so my DH asked me out for coffee.
    I called before the coffee date and said I was working, maybe some other time because I chickened out, feeling bad about the whole last bf thing...but he kep asking, so I decided to take him up on his offer of a dinner date.
    (We had been chatting online only now for 2 months, but never on the phone).
    So he came over with a dozen roses in hand, took me out for a wonderful dinner and a game of bowling, and then we went for a walk on the boardwalk with a coffee..when he took me home, I thought "wow, this is really nice, he is really nice" and I thought he'd kiss me, but he never did...*sigh*
    So the next night, the common girl-friend from the chatroom decided to have some of us over for Thanksgiving dinner, so he called and asked me if I wanted to go, and I went, and needless to say, that night we had our first kiss and he asked me out.9 months later, we moved in together, we were madly in love, we had/have so much in common.
    SO after that night, we cancelled our internet accounts, never went back to the chatrooms, and he proposed 2 years later. We've been together 8 years now, and are best friends, as he calls us, SOUL MATES...funny thing is, after both having crappy first marriages, we swore we'd never marry again (of course that was before we met, lol)
    So that's it...I am living proof internet dating can lead to a good match.
    And after that, my sister tried it too, and she too has been happily engaged now and they had twins last December.
    Okay that's it!
    ticul and katgraham10 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My Dh was living with two other guys, one was a friend of mine. I was over at this friends house helping out and cooking him and his roomates dinner. My Dh (the Hun) came home from work and did an impression of Rickie (from I love Lucy). I knew I loved him right then and there. Fastforward to November1999 and I had to go listen to a friend's son and his band play. I called up this house and who every answered was geting asked out, thankfully the Hun answered. I asked him out. It was love at first sight for both of us. By December 1999 we were engaged. We moved in together April of 2000. And where married in July of 2001. <!-- GAL -->
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I worked with my Dh sister, I didn't really like her much but when she found out that another co-worker was setting me up she wanted me to meet her brother first. So I agreed and he was pretty cute so kept him... we got married almost 7 years ago!
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am looking forward to lurking this thread! :D

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trucks12trucks View Post
    i am looking forward to lurking this thread! :D
    Me too!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I met hubby at a couple house parties while I was with someone else. Once I left the ex, I scored his number and called him... on a Saturday night and asked out his answering machine. (Screw you "the Rules"!) He called me back 20 mins later and we met the next Friday night, and Saturday... and ever since.

Sidenote: I also proposed. He made it very clear that he wanted to get married, I did not. So when I was ready (-ish), I proposed to him.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

We moved to a small town after my Dad passed away when I was 9. That was when I met my hubby, of course not knowing that is how it would be years later. We knew each other, hung out, went to the same parties or bars. He asked me out a couple times, but I wasn't interested. Then I was in a relationship that was icky, and he started to ask me out again. We were good friends by this time, going out together (but not on dates), going into dart tournaments together, just hanging out. His mother would take pictures of us dancing at social functions(remember small town and knew his whole family).He kept bugging our mutual friend about it, and one day the mutual friend said" You know he really likes you" Well, after about 2 years of this, my Mom got really sick, and I was going back and forth to the hospital everyday. And I remember him asking me " How r you doing?" And I said "Mom is the same" and he said, "No , I asked how you are." It was something in his eyes and tone of voice. A few weeks later, we went into a dart tournament together, and I had been asked out by someone else, and did not want to go. He said to me "Okay, I have asked you now for 2 years, and this is going to be the last time, Will you go out with me?" And I said yes. Later that same evening he played a song for me at someone's house, a song that was dear to me, that I didn't realize he even knew meant that much, and I was hooked. 6 months later he asked me to marry him. He didn't wait too long, cause we already knew everything about one another, since we had been friends since we were 9 years old, so 21 years after first meeting, he proposed on bended knee privately, and then infront of all our friends on New years eve he did the same thing for them all to see. A year and a half later we got married, and that was 6.5 years ago. He gave me the greatest thing in the world, my 2 beautiful little girls.
    ticul and Kelly5 like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Wiily & I were supposed to meet up as a blind date.
    He was a no show.
    (fate had it that we met up and started dating anyway).

I fixed his wagon for being a now show.
    It has been 25 years of wedded bliss.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Me too!
    Me three! I love hearing stories about how couples meet.

I met my boyfriend in a tent. At a party. In my friend's backyard. What a random place, eh? Why was there a tent set up at a party? That I still do not know. I do not normally go to parties, because I can be pretty shy around new people. He did not plan on going either, because he was exhausted after work. However, I am glad I dragged my butt out of the house that day and went. Otherwise, I would have never met such an awesome guy! Our first anniversary is in less than 2 weeks and I am pretty excited.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ahh these are cute

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

DH and I met at a little social in late August, 2001 as he was visiting from New York. It was his first time in Vancouver.

I had lost my first partner (of twenty years) a year and a half before and DH had just lost his best friend that spring. We connected immediately. I asked him what he'd seen and done in his first eight hours here and was aghast to hear that he'd only seen the downtown east side as he made his way to visit a business colleague. He was puzzled because he'd heard so much about beautiful Vancouver.

I decided right then and there to see if I could fix that. A four day whirlwind of all the best that Vancouver had to offer ensued before he went home exhausted and sunburned and a little giddy from something totally unexpected.

Ten days later he was just a few blocks away from the World Trade Center when the first plane went in. I was oblivious when I got a short, cryptic email from him saying "It seems that we are under attack here in New York. If I don't make it out of here alive, please know that I loved you." It took five more days to connect by phone.

Two months later I went to New York for the first time and he had the chance to return the favour and give me the whirlwind experience in the Big Apple. Sadly, it was bittersweet as his neighbourhood in Greenwich Village was plastered with hundreds of "MISSING" posters and pictures of all the people who died. It was surreal.

Two years and 16 back and forth visits later, I convinced him to leave the only place he'd lived. He said goodbye to a good job, a 300 square foot "rent stabilized" apartment in a charming 90 year old seven storey walk up, and everyone he knew. When we got married in 2005 his entire family flew over to attend and check out his new home.

And here we are, happy and healthy and content to sit and have two hour chats after dinner. I read somewhere that you should marry someone that you enjoy talking to because a marriage is really just one long conversation. It's true.
    Last edited by mcminsen; Thu, Nov 19th, 2009 at 06:26 AM.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

McMinsen your story almost made me cry!

Great stories...love isn't it lovely

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    So he came over with a dozen roses in hand, took me out for a wonderful dinner and a game of bowling, and then we went for a walk on the boardwalk with a coffee..when he took me home, I thought "wow, this is really nice, he is really nice" and I thought he'd kiss me, but he never did...*sigh*
    That is sooo sweet. I am still waiting for a guy to bring me roses.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    McMinsen your story almost made me cry!
    i just read it and its made me cry

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information