User Tag List

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening All,
    So happy today is over just one of those days (I seem to be having a lot of these lately).

I have decided we have to start meal planning again, our eating is getting horrible. We are eating out more and more and relying on quick and easy meals which we are getting sick of all options.

I am also trying to take advantage of swag bucks again, My mom saw an infomercial for an exercise chair she would like and I was able to find it on Amazon so hoping I can earn enough Swagbucks to order it with little to no money OP for Christmas for her.

I need everyone's advice on how to handle something. My cousin's wife is pregnant and her sister is hosting a surprise baby shower which I cannot attend as it is the same day my mom has decided we are going to sprinkle my Nanny & Hezy's ashes as it was their wedding anniversary. My issue is my Dad's side of the family does not take it well when I do not attend these events so I kind of feel like no matter what I do I am going to piss someone off. They already feel I did not support my cousin and his fiancee prior to their wedding as I missed the Jack & Jill due to prior plans with my mom (the Jack & Jill was planned very last minute and ALOT of people did not go) and I missed her wedding shower as I was sick. I do not know what to do, I know I cannot attend but I also know I am going to hear about it.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have to get back on the meal planning wagon too. Hockey season has started! So I need to have food ready for my hockey player and something ready for his brother to heat up on his own. I think I will really have to prep on Sunday for the week, cook what I can etc.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to SDM to scan the deals. Needed nighttime pads for next month lol. Bought a 2 pk of sippy cups for my niece and they rang in erg, $11.49!!!! Got them free

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Evening All,
    So happy today is over just one of those days (I seem to be having a lot of these lately).

I have decided we have to start meal planning again, our eating is getting horrible. We are eating out more and more and relying on quick and easy meals which we are getting sick of all options.

I am also trying to take advantage of swag bucks again, My mom saw an infomercial for an exercise chair she would like and I was able to find it on Amazon so hoping I can earn enough Swagbucks to order it with little to no money OP for Christmas for her.

I need everyone's advice on how to handle something. My cousin's wife is pregnant and her sister is hosting a surprise baby shower which I cannot attend as it is the same day my mom has decided we are going to sprinkle my Nanny & Hezy's ashes as it was their wedding anniversary. My issue is my Dad's side of the family does not take it well when I do not attend these events so I kind of feel like no matter what I do I am going to piss someone off. They already feel I did not support my cousin and his fiancee prior to their wedding as I missed the Jack & Jill due to prior plans with my mom (the Jack & Jill was planned very last minute and ALOT of people did not go) and I missed her wedding shower as I was sick. I do not know what to do, I know I cannot attend but I also know I am going to hear about it.
    Honestly, I would do what you feel is best and not worry a snitch about what others think. But that's me - I just do my best and worry not how other judge me.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Ashley, I echo what Momof5Boys says. It sounds as though spreading your grandparents' ashes means a lot to you. I guess I would suggest that you just give a simple, "I'm sorry I've made other plans but I hope you have a great time!" And send along a gift. Then feel good about your decision. Don't load yourself up with guilt and don't let them either. But I know this is hard to do. Let us know what happens.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i'm completely with momof5.. Ashley.. i was in the same predicament a few years ago.. except i had another 'appt' to attend.. really didn't care what the family said..
    I'd totally go with your mom and enjoy that precious time you have planned. what an honor that must be.
    family will get over it. at least mine does. hope yours does too.

well busy day. made two chickens, saved the broth and carcass to make soup broth later.
    then painted a project im making for a gift. so pleased with the results. will post picture tomorrow when its light out and i finish the details on it.
    im trying so hard frugally to create xmas gifts this year.. every year i pick a family/neighbor and do a basket of goodies.
    as were not doing xmas this year. (decorating part yes, gifts no)
    so im making a wreath for a friends door(cost $15 with the help of coupons and Michael's), some home made body butter if i can get the last ingredient, plus some bath bombs. hoping to make them for under $10. plus a tea cup candle for her as well.
    for her girls im made canvas pics of a famous singer, as well as a 'name's room' canvas with the tree branch that has flowers on it, made from the bottom of a pop bottle. so cool.
    they each get an ornament. then one is getting a sweater i ordered, the other is hopefully getting something in relation to her 'crush'.
    plus some peanut butter fudge for them all to share.
    I should be able to do all for under $50.
    ha .. and its not even September.. i should be so ready for xmas, enjoy it this year. last year we were so busy with my dad in the hospital we all forgot about it, he was home for christmas with a week to spare. so it was just.. yay were happy. but crap its christmas..
    OH and dh has learned from the Farmers almanac were supposed to have a wetter christmas, more rain then snow.
    i can handle that. with only 4 months to go.. ya.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hockey season already, FrugalBigMomma? You and your family sure are busy!
    J&C - you talk about your "men" going hunting, etc. Would they ever consider being "guides" for others or renting out your camp? I used to own a cottage in ski country and we rented it out once in a while. It brought in some extra $$.
    Angela - good luck as you get back into supply teaching again. Didn't you take some cookies into staff rooms last year? I used to staple my business card onto tissues and pop them into mailboxes with a note saying.....When you get the sniffles, give me a call.
    Mrs. S. How's every little thing in London. DH is going to the Cancer Centre tomorrow, but I'm giving my back a rest and staying home. It's supposed to be bleeping hot! Stay cool!
    Granger, I was reading about your Casson prints purchase. You gave me an idea about a space over our stairway where a nice "Group of Seven" piece of art would look great. Thanks for mentioning it. We have a Tom Thompson print in our kitchen which we received as a wedding present and that would tie it in nicely.
    Crochetlady, I bought one of those hot wax machines a while ago but I was always afraid that the wax might get too hot. I have a "trigger thumb" where my thumb gets stuck and hurts like the devil until it clicks back into place. Maybe I'll break that thing out and try it. I am so impressed with the amount of products you are selling!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Crochetlady, I bought one of those hot wax machines a while ago but I was always afraid that the wax might get too hot. I have a "trigger thumb" where my thumb gets stuck and hurts like the devil until it clicks back into place. Maybe I'll break that thing out and try it. I am so impressed with the amount of products you are selling!
    I`ve had mine for years...just haven`t used it much until lately. It has a hot, low and auto setting. I use the hot if I want it to melt fast and then on low for a while before I dip my hands. If I remember to turn it on soon enough I set it on low and I don`t have to worry about it being too hot. It really does help.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-Ashley -I would send a nice gift -your nana sounded like she was a very important part of your life -sometimes we just have to do thingsfor our own well being
    -well wentout with girlfriend last night after I sat listning to hubbies sister after and hour and a half(she is dealing with a lot of lonliness etc it is her birthday today so gave her 20.00cash
    -my girlfriend and I sat on patio at kelseys-I caved in girls and had a glass of wine-but still took a coupon and saved 8.99 on an appitizer-had so much fun laughing ,talking
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Aug 26th, 2014 at 09:58 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Girl time is important Coupon girl! My best friend and I finally went out to dinner last week and then went to the patio on the water for a beer. Talked about how we miss our morning coffees and grocery shopping together just a few years ago we would pick each other up on way to Walmart etc even if it was just for the hour. Now so busy I had to take the time to shave my legs last night as I realized camping on the weekend I needed to make sure I give my time for a bath to do so!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So I didn't do much last night as my oldest was willing to go to DQ with me and take the dog to the dog park so I had to jump on alone time with him! That is more important then laundry in my eyes

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Save .50 cents wub any 2 Kraft Handi-snacks products (87g) Expire Sept 30/14.
    Would anyone like some? No trade needed.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Frugal part of a deal I had made:
    I got 18 Breyers Ice Cream at 1,00$ the 500 ml one minus 18x1,00$ coupons=FREE!!!!
    I did not appreciate that the cashier accused me to steal tear pad,when it is not true ,I got them in a trade,and saying to me I cleared th shelves when they where manyl left.
    Do not ruin my fun to do couponning,and now I just wish to have another freezer.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I think I do arithmie.I will need to take an appointement with my doctor to check that and others things. I feel way behind my goals Schedule I made.Last week I made a salmon pate,it was good I plan to do another one.I will have real fruits keptcup.My auntie will make some and give to me a few container.So good. Need to clean the kitchen,make my supper,tidy out my mess...and do moreshopping tomorrow(last day of the sales) I hope everyone will have a great evening.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

avon hope your dh's appointment at the cancer centre goes well
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information