User Tag List

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am so mad and not an happy camper right now....It make me sad and sick.The last 2 days was horrible ...I was not in shape so I did not do my shopping....The''notaire'' call me about my brother cause and papers...and said no the 2700$ found at his place cannot paid the rest of the funeral cost.It is a part of a succession witch you refused because it is cribbled of debt....So it went to ''bien reclames'' so I have to call them and explain the situation and FIGHT....I am so sick of this....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My friend said to me they have the'' event of you can put all it goes on the body'' sale 10$ the bag Thrift store....They do that to clear some stuff every season.I hope tuesday I will still have choice,cannot go earlier
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

what a tackle. finished one project, will be painting a wall shortly, which means another 2 projects need to be completed. then to work on all my craft projects. if i stay off here as much as possible i should get it all done.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just sold a artificial fireplace on kijiji 10.00-it wasn't working the bulb and it was like 20 years old-lady wanted It for her mom (her husband just passéd away and it brings back memories)so have made 48.00 in total so far now -hey its stuff we don't need

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It took me about 3hrs start to finish to make 7 large containers of thick apple sauce, and one smaller container. I used very little water to boil the apples this time and I think the sauce will be good for baking. It has a nicer taste. My body really hurts though because I over did it and just finally took a painkiller. It hasn't kicked in yet. I also made the corn chowder for supper.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Angela.. gets some rest.. hope your better tomorrow. take it easy.
    im feeling it too. finished painting a wall, putting tv and furniture back, making a mesh pumpkin, will post picture in the am, painting two tables and cleaning up. dh wants to go the movies in the am . very early. *sign*. will see how it goes.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It's been a long day.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! I do really enjoy catching up on your stories! This Monday, I have the honour of performing a wedding ON A BOAT! We're sailing out into Lake St. Clair (if the weather is ok.) This is a five people wedding including me. So I have been working hard to get an appropriate ceremony together that reflects the couple. I just got assigned this on Wed. I have another wedding next weekend in Windsor on the river - hey, I should just stay on the boat and have them take me down river for next Saturday. (LOL)
    Angela, do the apples you are getting have any blemishes? worms? I tried picking some here but there wasn't much pulp left that wasn't unusable.
    My support goes to all of you who are getting ready for school. I can honestly say, that for the first time, I haven't had any "panic" dreams about trying to teach in a subway, or something. (I've been retired for 10 years!!!!) I am going to a "To Hell to the Bell" breakfast with the Retired Teachers' Association. We welcome the newly retired teachers who just don't know what to do with themselves on the first day of school.
    Mrs. Sunshine if you're not enjoying your crafting right now, why don't you stick it away for a while? You certainly have a lot of talent!
    Crochetlady - I can't believe the woman buys your towels and then sells them for $2 less! That's just crazy! Is she perhaps is a secret philanthropic admirer of you!
    Have a great weekend, everyone!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Hi Avoncallingyou. The crab apples that I picked today are quite small, but getting red spots and aren't nearly as sour as the ones I was given a couple of weeks ago (which were bigger and pure green apples). I would like to make crab apple crisp, but the apples are so small that I don't think it would be worth all the work. The apples are really nice and I picked them all straight from the tree on their front lawn. I washed some of the more red apples and put them in a bowl on the kitchen table. I am hoping that LO decides that he still wants to snack on them some. My mom used to make crab apple jelly, but I've never canned. My mom lives 5hrs away, otherwise I would suggest doing so.

Dh pointed out to me today that we are both being too busy with other stuff and it would really be best if we slowed down some and truly focused on LO's potty training. I agree that it would probably help us make more progress. Dh has an entire week off work coming up, so hopefully the two of us together will be able to get this potty training to improve a lot.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Angela, you are so very lucky to get crab apples! Hope you are feeling better today!

Oh, there is nothing yummier than jelly from them, my mom used to always make it.
    We had two nice trees in our backyard when I was growing up, and I just loved them!

avon, that wedding sounds very different! Enjoy the trip!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Happy Caturday!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All
    Angela great job on the apples sauce. I must admit I am a little bit jealous (hope that sounds okay) I want to make my own apple sauce and can it but everyone I know that has apple trees here, the trees did not produce this year. Think it has something to do with out winter as they are not even located that close together. So if I want to make apple sauce I will have to buy apples.

Avon those weddings on a boat sound amazing. Small weddings, like the one with 5 people have always interested me but I think that is because I am no where close to getting married but ever since I was a teen I have feared how my family will behave at my wedding, we do not have the best track record.

Getting ready to go out shopping, our list is so small this week. Thinking of trying to do Canada wide price matching at Wal-Mart today, got kind of nervous so I called to confirm the location I am going to do does do Canada Wide price matching and they do. Now I just need to see if I can work up the nerve. I just hate surprises at check out, it brings my anxiety out a bit. We will see how it goes, also going to go to Target, I am so not a Target fan but if my make-up has discontinued I need to try to find an alternative.

Question for everyone, do you use online sites like Swagbucks to earn rewards? If so what sites do you use? Which is your favourite? Which one do you feel has the best pay outs? I would like to try to use these sites to offset the cost of Christmas, I have a somewhat large family with expensive taste, I used to make a lot of gifts but now with food allergies and various other factors this is getting harder and harder to do, not to mention some do not appreciate the homemade gifts, they want the bling and shinny.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

morning all. Ashley Question answer. used to. don't anymore.

Avon.. i'd like to but my hands are telling me otherwise. the more i'm doing with them the more sore they get. if someone asks me for something privately, ie friend/family. i'll do my best to something for them if i think i can handle it.
    i posted my stuff, got the nastiest email. apparently i have too many 'rules' with regards to selling my stuff. after trying for many years to sell on websites i've learned what works what doesn't. obviously this person hasn't. wow.
    anyway. im doing well on my to do list. will finally finish a couple more things today. start getting rid of stuff and hopefully either by the end of the weekend/week it'll all be gone.
    be kinda nice to have my room back in order. as much as i enjoyed it, it took over my life.
    dh wants to run to the market and get a big ole bag of taters. get ready for fall/winter by doing up batches of shepherd's pie etc.
    this way if i do luckily find some work, the guys can easily feed themselves.
    hm what a concept. anyway. going to be a warm one here. hope you all enjoy your last long weekend of the summer.
    Stay safe.!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

MrsS we are kind of the same spot right now, my mom is going to start working on cash again which means nights and weekends so we have to start preparing meals we can freeze so she can take to work and I can just heat up when I get home for those busy nights I do not have time to cook. Not sure when she will start on cash so we pretty much have this weekend to get ALOT done.

One huge task for this weekend needs to be cleaning out our 2 freezers but not sure if we can do this as someone is cleaning out their house and filled the dumpster the day after it was emptied with mattresses, box springs and furniture and not sure next week will be any better as they have started a pile beside the dumpster of stuff that needs to be put in the dumpster next week when it is emptied. I do not know why people cannot tell the board ahead of time so they can arrange an extra pick up of the dumpster, it won't cost them anything and will allow the rest of us to be able to also get our garbage in.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Went away for a few days of much needed vacation break, it was so good. Wish it could have been longer. Anyways back now and getting ready for back to school, as that starts on Tuesday.
    Here's wishing everyone a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela yumm applesauce -good for you
    -mrs sunshine you area busy girl
    -frugalmama -congrats on llttle little stuff you have been selling
    I just went to 20 time the points at shoppers spent 65.70-you girls with babies would love this got the last box of diapers size4-paid 16.20-plusminus 1.50after using save 20.00 when you spend over 75 and 20 times the points i really saved today

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread Information