User Tag List

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Question for everyone, do you use online sites like Swagbucks to earn rewards? If so what sites do you use? Which is your favourite? Which one do you feel has the best pay outs?

I have used Swagbucks for several years and it has done me well. I have purchased dh a new $200 electric razor for our anniversary last year, to replace the other one that I had purchased for him years before. This year I purchased a good quality carpet and furniture cleaner. I have also bought LO's cloth swim diapers, etc from Amazon.ca gift cards.
    I recently re-joined Superpoints and am doing quite well on there too. They also have Amazon.ca gift cards.

Anyway, those are the two sites that I am active on.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

This morning hubby told me we need to pick up apples again. I think we`ll pick the Mac tree. Gave some away last week but there are still lots there. We have no cool place to keep them so we end up giving a lot of them away. I used to put a lot in the freezer for pies and crisps but we very seldom eat those things anymore.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    This morning hubby told me we need to pick up apples again. I think we`ll pick the Mac tree. Gave some away last week but there are still lots there. We have no cool place to keep them so we end up giving a lot of them away. I used to put a lot in the freezer for pies and crisps but we very seldom eat those things anymore.

I put my red rhubarb up for trade on a local Facebook garage sale page. I had people wanting to trade other garden produce, but some people also wanted to pay cash for it. If the apples are nice, this might be a good option for you.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-so tired -went to my son's again to water his lawn -broke up some wood to take to dump-did one more load of laundry for them
    -my daughter /hubby just dropped in on there way to a function-I gave her her birthday gift -a gift card for winners and an ombra small travel kit(for the bath)oh an a revlon nail polish-I gave her I hug too

-now I think I will go lie down and have a tea

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Did kitchen cleanup this afternoon...still have to put away some dishes. Also did another 4 towels. Really should do more but I`ve been dragging my butt all day. May go to bed soon.

We have a couple orchards very near here so I don`t think we`d have any luck selling apples. Family, friends and neighbours expect us to give them away.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Crochet lady take care of yourself. you sound run down. maybe this lady buying your items should watch you and see the work that goes into them. she might reconsider buying you out everytime.

i finally have conquered nearly all my projects. missed u all while doing them. i have 2 more to do. easy peasy.
    didn't touch laundry but thats ok. theres still tomorrow and monday.. dh and i rearranged the living room a bit with the cabinet i painted.
    looks so much better.
    once im done my projects tomorrow im going to start posting stuff. hopefully it goes fast.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Think maybe we`ll go visit friends tomorrow and have dinner out. I need a break. Whatever gets done next week will have to do.

Good luck with getting rid of your stuff. Have you heard any more about that job interview?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

It was very hot and humid here today. Dh did a grocery run this morning and I did a "20X" points shop at Shoppers that I put in the brags. I'm happy with what I got and that I used up some of my expiring coupons. I can use the points because, after a glitch that happened back when we moved wrt a copier that I bought with points that didn't work, I was back at almost nothing. I like to use the points at Christmas time to get gifts. Angela, it seems that I was on Superpoints before, but it closed up shop. I will check it out again through your referral.
    We have been using a lot of eggs lately for main courses as they have been very cheap. "Breakfast for supper" kinds of meals.

I have been spending time trying to remove "ancient stains" from some t-shirts that I have. I've been using Oxiclean with mixed success.

I met another couple today that I will be marrying in October. It turns out that the groom is the son of one of my mother's friends. I had never met him - so that will make the occasion doubly fun. They have chosen to do a "Sand Ceremony" as they both have children from former marriages, and that is a nice way to combine everyone into a symbolic union of families. They are getting married at a conservation area.

I had been cleaning out things as I gradually finish unpacking in the basement and came across some wedding decorations such as bells, etc. The young woman that I will marry on Monday had mentioned that she was going to decorate the boat, so I dropped it off this afternoon and met the groom as the bride was at work. Win-win. They get decorations, I move something out that I can't use.

Our "hanging baskets" are looking a bit bedraggled in the front of our house and I'm thinking of replacing them with mums - but that would REALLY mean it's fall. So I'll at least wait until September - i.e. Monday - yikes!

Well, I'm going to say goodnight and hope the chamomile tea I just drank relaxes me enough to actually get to sleep.

Have a great rest of the weekend!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Did out grocery shopping yesterday and was surprised at how much I was able to say. I did the Canada wide Price Matching at Wa-Mart and will post my brag later but the highlight for me was 6 packages or Raspberries for $0.50, these are for Mom to make jam since out neighbour ate all of ours. As well I was able to do our weekly grocery shop for under $25 which means I have added to my surplus which I am going to use to do a large Costco Meat shop, I was aiming for November but if I can keep up like this we will be able to go within the next few weeks.

As well I was able to pick up a baby shower gift for my Cousin's wife for under $20 yesterday at target, everything I purchased was on clearance, I got a mobile, a cart cover and some breast pads. I am happy with my finds as she does not know her sister is throwing the shower and her gift registry is very small as they have not really started to think about what they need yet.

I have laundry going and need to start the dehydrator soon, we have a stock of celery we cannot eat it was too strong so I have sliced it into large slices to be used in soups over the winter. As well we have some older garlic so I will dehydrate that as well.

Not sure what else I will tackle today yet as it is supposed to be quite warm. Now it is time to decide if we want to BBQ or make dinner in the crock pot. I would normally say BBQ but kind of craving roast beef which I would do in the crock pot.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning. Yesterday was a fun day and not home till after midnight. Boating and then hanging around the kitchen table with 2 other couples. Lots of laughs. So suppose to work my butt off till noon I said (laundry, tidying) then shower and grocery shopping etc. I better get off here and get at it. Have a great day

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

lol at FBM yep. one of those days. set the alarm for 8 woke up at 1030 ya doing well.
    im now simutaneously on here and working on another project. more like procrastinating.
    shortly i'll start more laundry and put the chicken bits in the pot to start for soup.
    i thought today was the 1st. one more day. Tuesday is going to be tough. so much planned for this weekend.
    y do i fill my plate/platter so full, then act surprised when it overflows... *sigh*
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thank you avoncallngu for checking out Superpoints with my referral link.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-went to give my daughter her key left at our house yesterday-she needs it for work -had a nice visit at her sister-in-laws
    -now home doing laundry (sheets)
    -gonna cook ribs on the bb and fish for me-hot an sticky ere today not complaining thou -have my tank top -my allergies are bad-hayfever-tis the season
    -just had a lovely salad with my cherry tomatoes -yum

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

dh is going to be making jam again. may close the doors and put the air on. its warm enough outside without adding to it, as im about to put my chicken stock on.
    as well, i can't believe the amount of craft stuff i had. im already starting to go, well i could use that for xmas, oh can't give that up.. grr.
    i need someone else to do this for me. LOL
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Warm here today too so i put the AC on too. I'm worth it lol. Picked up a few needed items and a few deals. Found 6pk granola bars by Quaker for $1. Expire March. Bought 3. We are making boneless skinless chicken breasts on the BBQ with potatoes with onion and chive both from garden with salad with cucumbers from my friends garden. And finishing the wine from Friday night.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread Information