User Tag List

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    So happy to be one day closer to the weekend. Although kind of disappointed it, it is our local fair this weekend and it has been tradition in our family to the demolition derby Saturday night as long as I can remember but they have moved it to Friday night and put in a Monster Truck show on Saturday (not really my thing). We have been talking it over and we are just not sure that we will be able to make it Friday night between we getting off work at 4 finding time to eat and you have to be in stands hours before if you want a seat plus Mom has to work the next day. I know it is something pretty small but right now I think it would just be great to have a night out and to do something, my life seems to be all about routine these days.

Been looking at the flyers and looks like there are a few things for us this week, I must admit our grocery shopping is pretty much 90% produce and perishable items these days. I am finding the one huge thing is since we changed out eating habits or should say are working on changing out eating habits I find more and more Mom notices when we do not buy certain items and our must have, have definitely changed. The biggest one so far is mushrooms we go through 2 to 3 packs a week where is before I bought 2 packs we would never go through both. I will write a grocery list either tonight or tomorrow and go from there, Mom has to work this weekend so if I shop it will be well she works on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a good day, mine will be loud they are working on our parking lot and my office sits in the parking lot so very loud today.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    Ashley I agree, I come in with the groceries and the husband says why is it all produce?
    Things have been so expensive.
    We were blessed with a FREE pool from BIL who was moving to a smaller place.
    Its heaven.
    Still muddling our way through things....have a good day everyone!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

y is it when you don't plan things, they just happen.. as of yesterday around 10pm i decided im painting tomorrow. and cleared my living room.
    was up at 8 this morning. first coat..hopefully only is done. now i know Y my dh HATES painting.
    i'll be so glad when its done. last room i'll ever do.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Finally we can plan our summer, or should I say what's left of it.
    We love to go to the pool, but I fine 22 degrees, isn't warm enough to go.
    So for now it's just the park and the library.
    Hoping all this rain will stop, and it will finally warm up some more.
    Going to check out the flyers now, here's wishing everyone a
    Name:  thursday-6.gif
Views: 142
Size:  51.6 KB

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I wore a new t-shirt this morning. Took the tag off but didn`t notice the round sticker on the front. So I announced to the world what size I wear. Some days I shouldn`t be allowed out of the house. lol

Went to AnnaMae`s and another store this morning. Sold 9 baby afghans last month and a sh!tload of towels. Guess what I`ll be doing again this month. I started an afghan when I came home but decided I need a break.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks! Crochet Lady, you are a crocheting machine! I love your sticker story - sounds like something I would do!
    Mrs. S. if I tried painting a wall, they'd have to carry me out on a stretcher! Can you give us a hint on the colour?

Caseytg- That's Great about the pool! Enjoy!

LuvTUC- welcome back!

Ashley, you eat so healthily with all of the fresh things you buy.

My nephew has a pt job at the Kitchener Farmer's Market, so I figure that is a great way for him to learn about the cost of eating.

I haven't been there since the main building burned down. It must be strange not to be able to visit those vendors. They were always a part of a trip to the market for me.

When I went to Waterloo, we went into a craft shop where they sell some items like bread boards that were made from the charred beams of the fire. A bit of local nostalgia.

My back has been acting up. Old injury that I first incurred in a car crash when I was 27. I think that moving and now walking so much and maybe wearing the wrong footwear has added up. I am trying to rest it while DH goes to get me some back meds.

I went to our first rehearsal for "Oliver" last night. The scripts had not arrived so we just introduced ourselves and listened to a tape of the play.

I must go, so, I hope everyone has a good evening.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I wore a new t-shirt this morning. Took the tag off but didn`t notice the round sticker on the front. So I announced to the world what size I wear. Some days I shouldn`t be allowed out of the house. lol
    Crochtlady you are not alone in doing this, only mine was the tag, you know the ones they put under the arm, by the side, needless to say I was announcing my beautiful red sticker markdown price lol.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    LuvTUC- welcome back!
    Thank you . It's good to be back .

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

no worries Avon. as soon as my tablet is charged. i'll post a pic of my living room. nothing fancy just a new coat of cream. but did er all by myself. and yes. im a hurtin unit. nothing an advil won't cure.
    feel bad for my neighbour though she doesnt' think her new set will fit in her house. which means another 2 weeks with no furniture. yikes!
    now im just trying to get rid of my kitchen table so i can get her smaller one too.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Piano bench...free (mom picked it up for me from a friend's estate when she went to help clean...I think she didn't have a need for any of her friend's items but wanted to take something to remember her by, as her friend died suddenly from cancer...glad to be a part of my mom's grieving too).

Picked up the ottoman and cleaned it. Husband rewired piano lamp. Both look great. Now I need a bookshelf...

I have more furniture we are picking up next week, but will leave you in suspense about that!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

sorry ladies, pics will have to wait til morning. too dark on my tablet. worth the wait.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All ,
    It is Friday and this week is almost over and I am off tomorrow, only downside is I have to get through today and we are on day 2 of parking lot paving which is good news (although I will miss playing will they hit the pylon in the parking lot, it was a long winter in the building industry) except that I am fighting sinus pain and a headache so the smell is killing me. Good thing for Advil Cold & Sinus although I think by the end of today I will be out.

It was also announced last night by my Dad that we are opening 5th retail location later this year. I knew they were looking and it narrowed down to 2 locations but not sure which one they choose there were pros and cons to both. If Dad is here today I will go and see which one they choose.

Now to decide if I am going to grocery shop tomorrow. I must admit this idea of Wal-Mart price matching Canada wide is intriguing me more and more. Some items are just getting harder and harder to find on sale but not sure if locations in my area will do it. Got some advice from the Wal-Mart thread but am still a bit afraid to try, I always seem to have horrible luck when it comes to Wal-Mart cashiers and I just get stressed and end up just giving up even when I know I am in the right.

Have to decide today if I will go shopping this weekend, I am torn on the getting out of the house and getting my mind off everything or staying in and trying to tackle a few projects. I could really use another long weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! I had a work fun day yesterday, team building event running around the city and then a nice lunch. My team won a prize! (GC each) Tired today lol but will make it through the day. Took out ground beef this morning to make homemade burgers for dinner. I have buns in the fridge that I bought the other day reduced and they don't expire till Sunday! Planning ahead is key for me. Should have bought the bagels for $1.66 for 6 instead of Timmies this morning- $4.25 for 2 OH well DS they are professional bagel makers so we just enjoyed them lol Was tired and it was worth the $$$. I see a space in my deep freeze so will dig around tonight to plan meals for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great day.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn!

I had to chuckle about the buying produce discussion - I felt like a queen this week, being able to buy any/all produce I wanted, since it was our first full paycheque since my husband hurt his back. The crisper is full, and I couldn't be happier!

We won't go nuts, but it's nice just to be able to stock back up on some things.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Buying fresh is the way to go! Honestly I find its cheaper for groceries/meal prep when I don't buy processed stuff and just shop the flyers on the fresh stuff. Next year I hope to grow more veggies that we use (peppers for sure!! )

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information